Author Topic: FFURG & The Forgotten Force Are Going To C3!  (Read 7450 times)

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
FFURG & The Forgotten Force Are Going To C3!
« on: December 21, 2004, 01:36 AM »
As Jesse has already mentioned on the front page, we've been working on this for awhile and it's now OFFICIAL! The Forgotten Force Customizing Group and FFURG will be at Celebration 3 on April 21st thru the 24th. The Forgotten Force will be a part of the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall at Exhibit Hall C at the Indiana Convention Center. We plan to have a good number of sessions on a variety of customizing topics, including casting, painting, sculpting, and more. Forgotten Force members will be welcomed to display their customs at the FF booth and sit down to talk with the public or each other about the fun there is to be found in Star Wars customizing. We plan to have a schedule of events for the Forgotten Force/FFURG booth available soon, so keep checking FFURG for all the details on this exciting event. For more information on the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall, check out the details at StarWars.com. See you at Celebration 3!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: FFURG & The Forgotten Force Are Going To C3!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 01:47 AM »
Huzzah...

We'll see you folks at the show.  Stop by, learn something about the hobby and if you're not in the hobby yet, maybe you will be after you leave the booth!

Remember, when Hasbro can't do it right, you can.  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 09:31 PM »
Remember, when Hasbro can't do it right, you can.  :)

While that is a great slogan for the FF, perhaps we should downplay that at C3 :P
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 09:48 PM »
Sounds like fun. Hope I can make it and meet some of youse guys.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 10:11 PM »
perhaps we should downplay that at C3

PRobably the last celebration event...  I'd think so anyway.  I wouldn't worry about it.  They aren't running it. :)

I'm not talking slapping a Hasbro rep in the face with any body parts or nuffin' of course.  The point stands though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 12:45 AM »
hmmm ya know the idea of slapping it in the face of a hasbro rep is appealing....

dave, definitely try to make it, there's room for a long time FF'er such as yourself at the table!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 02:56 AM »
As you may have seen on the front page post by Jesse, FFURG's put up a section on the site to give details on what attendees can expect at our table at Celebration 3. We hope to see as many of you there as possible. If you have questions/suggestions/comments, please don't hesitate to mention them.

Happy Customizing!

http://www.ffurg.com/c3.htm
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 06:40 AM »
We're hoping to see you guys there.  I'm gonna be there so there's all the need you have to go. :P

C3's gonna be so busy, haha...  this'll be great though.  The BYOB (Bring Your Own Body) idea is great I think, and this is a way you guys can expand your Empire pretty darn easily I think.

So hope to see you there guys!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 11:07 AM »
I hope to stop by and check it out...

As a novice customizer, I am blown away by what some of the big boys can do with sculpy and home-made molds (still after 2-3 years of trying I've NEVER gotten a head mold to come out correctly  :-\).

Should be fun!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2005, 05:03 PM »
Jeff,

Hope to see you at the show. We're hoping to have some cool presentations about casting from our resident experts (that includes you JJ!! :P), so hopefully they will be beneficial to everyone who checks it out.

Happy Customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 05:22 AM »
Big FFURG News!  The Schedule of Events for C3 is UP and running!

Come one, come all!

Celebration 3 Schedule Available
After much work, we now have available The Schedule Of Events for the FFURG/Forgotten Force Fan Table at Celebration 3. Our table will be staffed by the staff of FFURG as well as volunteers throughout the entire time the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall will be opened during Celebration 3. As such we have a full load of presentations, sessions, and activities planned for the show. From general questions & answers, to sessions on sculpting, painting, and softgoods, to a kids workshop, we're covering the entire world of customizing. As part of the announcement of the schedule, over the next couple of weeks, we'll be spotlighting a particular event at our table here on the main page. So for our first spotlight we have Figure Construction...

On Thursday at 3:00pm and Saturday at 11:00am we will be doing Figure Construction sessions presented by the staff of FFURG. These sessions will cover a variety of topics from the basic to the complex. We'll be going over the pre-visualization stage of customizing, i.e. designing your custom. Also covered will be the Boil & Pop method used for disassembling action figures, as well as post re-buidling for those situations where your limb or neck post is damaged. Limb shortening/lengthening will also be discussed as a means to get the proper scale for your customs.

And click this link for the full FFURG C3 Schedule Of Events!!!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 03:15 PM »
I can't wait!! I got an e-mail telling me you could use me at the times I volunteered but I forgot what they were, is there going to be a definite schedule availible soon?
"This is the way."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 09:35 PM »
SLC,

This link... http://www.ffurg.com/c3/c3_schedule.htm will give you the definite full schedule for all of our events. As I mentioned to you in the e-mail, you're welcomed to help out at any of events/times we talked about. Just let me know which ones work best for you and we'll pencil you in. :)

Happy Customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: April 2, 2005, 12:17 AM »
A little update to the front page about FFURG's BYOB Seminar...  We're wanting everyone to know what the concept entails, so check this out for the details!

Read All About It Here

Lots of good stuff going on with FFURG at Celebration 3 this year, and we want you guys to have the best possible experiences.  Stop by, and remember to "BYOB" (Bring Your Own Body) so you can add a great, and sorta "new" figure to your shelf after just a little work with a little help.

We hope to see you there, and remember that those extra Obi-Wan's or Tarkin's aren't useless!  We'll help you make them into something fresh for your collection!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2005, 03:09 AM »
I must admit, I'm curious about this.  I've never done any customizing, but this might be a fun way to check out what you guys love so much.  I'll have to check out some of my old figures in storage...   :)