Author Topic: Star Wars: Empire At War  (Read 52047 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars: Empire At War
« Reply #105 on: November 8, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Considering I'm still running an old machine, I haven't, but god willing the day I get a new computer I'll have all these games to catch up on. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 9, 2006, 10:47 PM »
Waiting on Christmas as well.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: January 2, 2007, 09:27 PM »
I'm on XP Pro...  Looks like I may be getting EAW here eventually if I can get it cheap, but I've gotta pay off what I had done to my computer first so I'll still be a little bit.  The Demo ran pretty great but not on the highest settings either.  I got choppy during big space combat explosions on the demo unfortunately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 3, 2007, 06:06 PM »
I got the Forces of Corruption expansion for Christmas but I've yet to even open it. I'll try and give it a go this weekend, I should have thoughts ready by MLK Weekend.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #109 on: January 8, 2007, 05:21 PM »
I got it today And its installing now, so what is everyones screen names for this? maybe we can have a battle :P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 8, 2007, 06:16 PM »
Well here's a big pile of bull****... I've installed the Forces of Corruption expansion twice now, and every time I try to play, I get an error message saying that the "Original disc could not be found or authenticated." I've tried reasearching this problem online and I've found that tons of people have had the same troubles since the expansion came out, and LucasArts has yet to do anything about it yet. Apparently this is all the fault of the stupid Anti-Piracy software they put on all their games. ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #111 on: January 8, 2007, 10:00 PM »
That does suck, and I may hold off buying this now for a little while till things get hashed out...  I'd like to get it in a bundle pack, which I figure they may get it fixed by the time they put that together.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #112 on: January 9, 2007, 12:31 PM »
I'm kinda glad I held out a bit as well.  I'm sure Lucasarts has some fix for it by now.  Have you checked on their forums?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 9, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Yeah, I did try the forums. The only post I saw that wasn't a member complaining about the problem was a mod saying he'd forward the problem to tech support. That post was made in November, and still nothing.

EDIT: Just a few minutes ago I tried opening the game for ***** and giggles and it actually worked. I think a combination of the LucasArts patch they released and a reboot helped. I'm relieved that it's working now.

EDIT 2: If you get the game and you have the same problem I did, download these:

LucasArts FOC Update 1.1

SecuROM Update (drag and drop this file into C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption)

After downloading these two files, reboot your system and see if that helps matters.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2007, 05:59 PM by Diddly »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2007, 09:33 PM »
I finally picked up Forces of Corruption and beat it on Campaign mode.  I did not have any of the problems you did Diddly.

I really liked the game, interesting story, which is what usually drives me to play games in the first place.  They did leave it wide open for yet another expansion pack.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2008, 11:15 AM »
I hate to bump an old thread, but I'm feeling the need to share this.
Anyway, Empire at War and Forces of Corruption had been starting to bore me, so I uninstalled them from my computer. This was probably back in September.

Well, last night I was on Google, looking for some images of the AT-TE. I stumbled upon a web site with a great mod for EAW:FOC. I think it's called Shadow of the Empire. To my knowledge, nothing is replaced. Stuff is only added to the game. The Empire is given ARC-170s, V-Wings, AT-AP walkers, AT-TEs, E-Web troopers, and a bunch of other stuff. The Rebel Alliance gets some new capital ships, but I haven't really played around with there side just yet. The Consortium gets a very nice smatter of CIS units, such as the Invisible hand and AATs. So far, the mod was well worth the download, has close to zero glitches, and overall refreshed my EAW game for the better.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Glad you like it Greg, but it just sounds like it's a bunch of new skins for the vehicles.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 13, 2008, 10:11 AM »
Someone at work just gave me this game to try out. I don't know why I've never played it. I guess the amount of time needed for games like this probably had something to do with it. Anyway, I'm right in the middle of another game right now, so I'll get to it soon. It's making me want to hurry up and finish what I'm already playing though. Any Star Wars game gets me excited, so it shouldn't be hard for me to love this game.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 13, 2008, 01:48 PM »
Cool.  It's probably the best Star Wars RTS game made, you'll enjoy it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2008, 12:53 PM »
I started this last night. I'm through seven of eight training missions, so I'll finish the last one up tonight when I get home from work. I'm really excited to get into the actual game. Hopefully I'm able to pick up the different controls pretty quick. Most of these types of games are the same as far as gameplay and what you are supposed to do. I used to play Command & Conquer like it was going out of style, so I should be okay.
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"