Author Topic: I have just made my first Vintage purchase in years!!!!!!!  (Read 3259 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Well as some of you know I am very happy with my vintage collection and feel that it is complete. (for the most part - missing Vlix) Basically I have not had anything that I wanted or seen anything new that I did nto knew existed. So now, with that new variation list, I decided to once again buy some vintage stuff that interest me enough for me to consider neededing them. (Some of those variants just don't interest me, but there are a few that I will be trying to get.) Anyway, I just bought a Luke Jedi with a snap cape.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: I have just made my first Vintage purchase in years!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2005, 01:25 PM »
Evenflow.

Congrtaulations.  With blue saber correct?  Where and how much, we need the juicy details.

DBK

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #2 on: January 8, 2005, 02:19 PM »
Yeah, that vintage line has a way of always pulling you back in.

Not sure if I should put a    :)  or a    :(  at the end of that one.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 8, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Awesome.  I got my snap cape pretty much by accident.  I bought a carded Luke with blue saber in a crushed bubble.  By the time it got to me, the bubble was essentially gone, so I had a loose one (why is this sounding familiar?) but at least there was the bonus of the snap cape.  I think I paid around  $20 for mine.  Cut the bubble off the card carefully, so I still have the card too.

It actually looks pretty funny next to my other Jedi Luke because the cape is so stiff and seems thicker, having only been out of a package for less than six months versus over 20 years.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 8, 2005, 04:15 PM »
Brent,

What a price!  I have been wanting to pick this variation up for quite some time but have seen auctions go for three times what you paid.

The hunt continues for me.  BTW did you get my PM on the LOTR Case?  Are you all set with that?  If not my offer still stands.

Regards,

DBK

Awesome.  I got my snap cape pretty much by accident.  I bought a carded Luke with blue saber in a crushed bubble.  By the time it got to me, the bubble was essentially gone, so I had a loose one (why is this sounding familiar?) but at least there was the bonus of the snap cape.  I think I paid around  $20 for mine.  Cut the bubble off the card carefully, so I still have the card too.

It actually looks pretty funny next to my other Jedi Luke because the cape is so stiff and seems thicker, having only been out of a package for less than six months versus over 20 years.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 8, 2005, 04:43 PM »
Hi Matt,
I might have read the pm, but missed it as I'm forever deleting stuff with the new limit.  I would very much still like that case please.  And thank you.

Here's the link to my win which is still active as of today clicky.  No picture anymore, but the price was $24.50.  As I indicated, the snap cape was a complete surprise and I felt it was a fine price for the blue saber figure complete. 

I must admit I like getting figures off of cardbacks though.  It seems positively a crime to open them given that they've survived 20+ years on a card until they hit my hands, but I generally only open ones that look horrible on the card anyway.  So far I've done it with the Droids R2 (bubble broke on it's own in transit), blue saber Luke Jedi and the two Wayne sent me last year for secret Santa - 8D8 and Nien Nunb

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 8, 2005, 07:15 PM »
Very nice addition Evenflow, Congrats. I still have to get one, I'm going to try this year and fill in some gaps on what I am missing and try to get the Droids and Ewok line done.  :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 9, 2005, 12:14 PM »
Thanks guys, i have been really wanting to buy more vintage stuff but like i said, I really don't "need" anything specific. Feels good to buy soemthing though.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 9, 2005, 01:20 PM »
I'm in almost the same position now as evenflow, though I really ought to stop talking to Dale, because I keep looking at all sorts of vintage stuff :-X

I want a vinyl cape Jawa, droids 3PO and after that, it becomes more the variation stuff.  I watch for it, but if I don't see it, I'll pass, but I've made some considerable progress with lots of different variations figures, though they be minor and relatively inexpensive. 

One of the bright sides of taking down my collection (in preparation for a move in the next 6-8 months) is that I can now carefully inventory stuff to see exactly what is missing (hey buddy, can ya spare two Leia blasters that aren't repros?)