Author Topic: Whatd'up?  (Read 2701 times)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Whatd'up?
« on: January 9, 2005, 08:20 PM »
Hey guys; figured since I used to spend most of my time in here, I'd just post here.

Been a while! :) I'm back though. I've definitely narrowed down my collecting, mainly Master Replicas and Gentle Giant (OT only with GG). It'll be a great year for Star Wars this year, plenty of cool "Other Collectibles" swag to go around, so I expect to be 'round here more often.

Awe man, I'm feelin awe sappy now, I missed you guys!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Whatd'up?
« Reply #1 on: January 9, 2005, 09:00 PM »
Hey Adam, nice to see you back!!

Yeah, it looks like it'll be a big year for Star Wars collectibles, for sure, but if you're going to be sticking to OT with the GG stuff, looks like you'll miss out on some of it. Are you going to be picking up the PT stuff from MR, or are you skipping that as well?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2005, 09:38 PM »
Welcome home Adam :)  I find mysle fbeing more and more interested in Other Collectibles as well, maybe its a sign of boredom and apathy setting in

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 9, 2005, 09:50 PM »
Welcome back Adam, nice of you to drop in.  :)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Yeah, I'll be picking up the PT stuff from Master Replicas. We're in it for 3 different ROTS Clone Trooper helmets this year, along with a ROTS Vader, amongst many other items! :) MR will be my main focus this year and will take precedent over all else.

Only collecting OT stuff with Gentle Giant will save some major bank, but there's still a lot of OT stuff coming; Leia minibust, 3PO, Sandtroopers, IG88; Chewie statue, 3PO statue, Vader statue (which is an idealized version of all Vaders combined), Sandtrooper/Dewback statue, and sometime a TaunTaun w/ Rider... So I've still got my work cut out for me, and will definitely need a break! :)

This is going to be an AWESOME year for food collectibles since M&M Mars and Burger King will both be doing huge, Saga-wide, promotions.

I'm more or less done with figures, except special items (Silver figs, con figs, VOTC, Clone Wars cartoon, etc).

Hopefully I'll be remodeling soon. No big themes or anything, just a fresh coat of paint and some new shelves. I still toy with the idea of a Star Tours theme, but wont be going that direction. I've got so many LOTR replicas, they wouldn't look right ;)

But hey, it's good to be back!

Where's good ol Matt C? He better still be around...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 09:37 AM »
Don't worry, pinky's still here.  Welcome back Adam.  Since you're still into food premium's, I'll be happy to help out with stuf from north of the border, if you like.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 10:15 AM »
Cool, thanks for the offer! I'll definitely be picking up the M&M and Burger King swag...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 12:04 PM »
Where's good ol Matt C? He better still be around...

:D

I'm still here, of course!  Welcome back, fuzzball!  We've missed you...   :'(

We were actually just discussing your 2 1/2 month "disappearance" over in the staff section last week, wondering if we'd done something to provoke it since it seemed so sudden.  We figured since Scott can be such a dickhead sometimes, that it must be his fault.  Glad to see that's apparently not the case...   8)  But if it was Scott's doing, we all profusely apologize on his behalf...

Heck, you even missed your birthday wishes here a while back (see my OLD PM to you here trying to remind you of them).   ;)

Anyway, good to have you back around.  Must say, I was rather tempted to bite on those Fact Files of yours last week (at the most reduced price), but after the wife's crazy Christmas shopping, I decided that it was best not to buy them.  Hopefully you found 'em a good home!

Since you've left, I've expanded into MR's mini-saber line, and the Gentle Giant busts finally, so I'm ready, willing, and able to talk about those with ya'!  But for now, I've gotta get my ass to work, so I'll catch you back on the boards later...  Welcome back!

- Matt
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 02:22 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 02:14 PM »
I've got so many LOTR replicas, they wouldn't look right ;)

Adam, I spent this past Saturday having a mega-LOTR viewing marathon!  All three EE's in a row, back-to-back-to-back.  11.5 straight hours (less whatever the credits running time is).  Even kicked Patty out of the house for the festivities...   ;)  Pretty cool experience watching them all like that.

You done it yet?   8)

On an unrelated note, unfortunately you'll see that we're still a "little light" in the MR prop collecting department here.  That's one of the few lines that the JD'ers have still not delved in to too much (aside from Beth).  But man, would I ever love to!  But hey, at least a lot of us have expanded into the mini-sabers!   ;)

So how are you enjoying your AT-AT?  I assume you've already ordered the Snowspeeder as well, right?  Very cool stuff there.  Very cool...

P.S.  I think there were still a few folks waiting for you to chim in here.  Did you win?!?   :P
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 02:21 PM by JediMAC »

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 07:36 PM »
I'll go back over my "accounts" and add up what I've bought lol Taint gonna be pretty!

Didnt leave for a particular reason, just got busy all of the sudden and didnt make it back here.

The ATAT is kickin man. Just kickin!

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Yeah, methinks I won...

And welcome to the fantabulous world of Gentle Giant! :) Now we just need to get you into the MR stuff ;) Big stuff that is