Author Topic: Any ROTS figures you will pass on?  (Read 21722 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Any ROTS figures you will pass on?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2005, 12:23 PM »
Thought I'd bump this up to the top with all the different figures pictures we've seen (and will see at Toy Fair), to see what everyone is feeling as far as what they'll be picking up and what they'll leave on the pegs.  Also, on a side note, will you buy all the ones you want the night they are out, or try to space things out?  For AOTC, I pretty much bought all they had that I wanted...and planned to do that for ROTS as well, but now I'm thinking it might be more financially sound to try to space things out a bit.  I probably won't end up doing that though.  Anyways, I think I'll be passing on these figures so far:

1 version of Anakin (taking the better one)
1 version of Obi-Wan (same as above)
Yoda - 2nd, "spinning" version
Battle Droids and Super Battle Droids (have enough)

Otherwise, from what we have seen so far of the basic figures, I think I'll be getting the rest.  Collection 2 looks very nice overall, the Clones have been fantastic, and I'm a sucker for anything wookiee.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2005, 12:44 PM »
Right now the only ones I think I will pass on are the Super Battle Droid and Spinning Yoda.

:P

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Figures NOT on my 'must-have' list are Mace - his arms just look weird; force flipping Yoda??? - not; Dooku - nothing new with him, same for saesee tin. R2 doesn't look like anything I need right away, the funky claw thing is weird.
But I want the CLones, Wookies, Anakin, emperor, yoda with cannon.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Have you not seen pics of the Dooku?  Everything is new about him.  He looks like one of the best figures in the lineup.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Dooku just doesn't trip my trigger, but who knows, once I see him, it might worth buying. Another fig I don't like so far is the new Kit Fisto, weired squished looking head.
The ep2 version is good enough.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2005, 12:08 PM »
Dooku just doesn't trip my trigger, but who knows, once I see him, it might worth buying. Another fig I don't like so far is the new Kit Fisto, weired squished looking head.

The head may be that way for something that happens in the film (wink-wink). 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Since I'm a completist and I buy everything because of my obsessive-compulsive disorder, I'm going to list figures that I'm not happy about buying. (sick, I know)...

• Spinning Yoda (this figure just screams "I AM NEVER GOING TO WORK RIGHT!")
  • Super Battledroid (I may be plesantly surprised when I open it up, but the only thing we should be getting for this army-builder is a rigid plastic SA version)
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Kick (yeah, and the kicking Anakin figure worked well too!)
  • Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi & Superbattle Droid (I'm just not impressed with the Obi-Wan figures this time around)
  • BARC Speederbike with BARC Trooper (I like the speeder, I just don't like that the BARC Trooper is simply a ROTJ Biker Scout in green)

That's about all that come to mind right now - but like I said, I'm still going to get the stuff... I'm just not impressed with it.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 11:06 PM »
I shall pass on:

SBD - Don't need anymore.
BD - Ditto.
Spinning Yoda - I want to like him, but nah.
Clone Trooper - Blasphemy, I know, but I'm going to buy oodles of the AT TE Gunner instead.
R2 - I think I have enough of him.
Ki Adi Mundi - I like the soft goods, but... maybe on clearance.
Aalya Secura - I don't like her all that much anyhow.
Obi Wan Deluxe - Yikes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 12:25 AM »

I'm not trying to argue with you... but the Kit Fisto looks great to me, and is much better than the AOTC one.  Also, I think this could be a good figure to make a better custom Mace Windu with.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 02:34 AM »
I concur...

To me, ROTS's starting line-up is practically an apology from Hasbro for 90% of the Saga line, haha.  I dig Kit Fisto a ton, think he's vastly superior to his 2 previous sculpts...  Dooku the same, etc... 

Aalya Secura's the real knock-out figure to me though....  Then when I start thinking about Luminara Unduli and Shaak Ti I can't help but put them in the same category...  Then Agen Kolar...

Hell even the Collection 1 figures are VASTLY superior to ANY Collection 1 figure (and most of the C2 figures too) from Saga.  It's really great, sad, and funny all at the same time.

EDIT:  BTW, I'm really hoping for a good SBD and BD...  Something that, oh, say, perhaps...  DOESN'T COLLAPSE UNDER ITS OWN WEIGHT!  Well, my SBD's don't anyways...  Those Saga BD's were a pain in the ass though.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 02:36 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2005, 10:47 AM »
I think Hasbro owes us a Battle Droid 3-pk - with decent articulation, and stronger plastic...

They should be made online so everyone has a fair shot at them.  You can order both all red and all tan ones.  And there will be a chase OOM-9 figure in about 10% of the packs.

Price them at $12 each.  I'm in for 10 sets of each color.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2005, 01:03 AM »
had me till "chase OOM-9", haha.  I think you had all the carded guys till that point too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2005, 10:53 AM »
Well, I think it would be cool to get an occasional OOM-9 in the packs, just not one in every pack.  Then we'd all have an army of OOM-9's, and there really aren't too many of them, are there?  ???

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2005, 11:00 AM »
I could see even ratios...  for every clean 3-pack a set with 1 OOM-9 (or even maybe 2 other colors?  Like red/blue and an OOM-9).

After the Clone debacle I'm hesitant on army building packs though...  That was a great idea soured by the worst price spike in history, and it just basically dangles a carrot in front of people saying "Hey look, we gave you what you wanted...  Now go see how you're gonna pay for it!" 

As it stands, I will be fortunately getting 4 white sets and 2 officer sets...  Unless those white sets show up somewhere for $5-$6 a figure individually then I doubt I get anymore, and that sucks royally.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2005, 11:39 PM »
Yeah, those 4-pks are so damn overpriced.  Grrrr....

As it is I spent too much money on the ones that I'll be getting. 

Money hungry bastards.