Author Topic: Any ROTS figures you will pass on?  (Read 21721 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Any ROTS figures you will pass on?
« on: January 12, 2005, 03:32 PM »
I find it unlikely that I will pass on any - maybe if they make some really cheesy deluxe figures like the force flippers.

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Any ROTS figures you will pass on?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 08:53 PM »
Most of them.  Unless I fall into a mountain of cash suddenly.  Well... we'll see.  I think my strategy this time will be to wait for the inevitable clearance.  I'll get the ones I most want up front, and then I'll try and wait. 

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 09:33 PM »
I usually pass on the re-releases of the main characters unless they are really cool.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Most of them.  Unless I fall into a mountain of cash suddenly.  Well... we'll see.  I think my strategy this time will be to wait for the inevitable clearance.  I'll get the ones I most want up front, and then I'll try and wait. 

Ditto.  Trying really hard this time.  Really hard :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 11:56 PM »
Sort of along the lines of what you're talking about, I won't be buying everything immediately.  I'm going to space things out.  Some characters I'll be buying right off the bat.  But I'll be waiting on the majority of the line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 12:48 AM »
Do you think that some/all of the major retailers are going to cut back their orders for Ep3 product, considering that Ep1 and Ep2 product was so over ordered in the beginning? And they had (or still have, in some cases) product from the original midnite madness sales still sitting on their shelves, so they might not order as much as they did for Ep1 and Ep2 stuff, hoping to eliminate the clearance sales totally?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 12:53 AM »
I'm actually taking my frustrations out on Hasbro somewhat I believe...  I'll somewhat support Collection 2 becuase they look pretty top-notch, but I'm getting some of my Clone $ back by waiting for sales and clearance on ROTS figures before picking them up.

I can't even say I've been disappointed.  They hid the action features, they improved articulation on Collection 1, the sculpts look good, and I think that C1's overall improved...  But they're cutting into the old fundage so I've learned to be patient on most of this stuff, especially if the things I truly look forward to are overpriced to me.

It's gonna force me to be picky unless I truly believe something will not linger on pegs.  With ROTS that's not applicable to much of any of it, so I'll get my $ back one way or another.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 02:40 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 02:30 AM »
I doubt I'll be passing on the main characters, but Mon Mothma isn't a figure I'm waiting impatiently for. Same with Bail Organa.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 08:39 AM »
I'm hoping I can try to hold off on some clearances as well, but we'll see.  A lot of it depends how much I have saved up in "the fund" by the time the product starts to hit.  To be honest, I doubt I'll be able to pass on many of the main characters either...and what we've seen so far looks pretty good.  Looking forward most to the Chewie of course, so I'll pick up figures like him, Yoda, Clones, Vader, etc. as soon as I see them.  Others that I think will pegwarm I'll probably leave until later.  I did the same thing with the AOTC line, leaving Typho, Taun We, Battle Droids, etc. that first night and picking them up later on.  Plus, I will definitely only buy the ones that I like...no "force flippin" type stuff, or ones that are particularly craptastic.  So, in a short answer, I'm going to try to pass on a few figures initially, but I can't say with certainty that I'll be very successful with that strategy :).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 10:15 AM »
Oh most likely I will be passing on many of them just because I do not have the money to spend this time around. 

The following I will be passing on for certain. 

Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid
R2-D2
C-3PO
Chancellor Palpatine

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 02:39 PM »
Patience is NOT a virtue of mine - if I see it, I will buy it.  That has pretty much always applied for the "basic" 3 3/4" line of figures (in this case, Collection 1 & 2).  I'm always a lot pickier with deluxe figures, beast, vehicles, playsets, etc.  Basic figures are the priority, and so I don't see myself passing on any of them.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 12:49 PM »
I will try my best to hold out as much as possible but I can pretty much garuntee that I won't be able to.  I'll probably just snatch up everything and then get all mad because I'm broke and can't get the rest of what I want.  :'( :'( ;D

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 05:20 PM »
I think I'll pass on this one.

It looks teh suck.  ;)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2005, 05:42 PM »
yah really

I don't even get the point of it besides just to stick two figures together and deplete more of collectors' $$.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 09:16 AM »
Right now, I'll be passing on

#1 Obi-Wan
#2 Anakin
#3 Yoda
#4 Super Battle Droid
#5 Chewbacca
#7 R2-D2
#17 Battle Droid
#18 C-3PO (Perhaps...based on articulation and accessories I guess)

I may pass on Vader and possibly Grievous but I'd like a nice 4 armed version as well