Author Topic: Mikey D is now Daddy D  (Read 6193 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Mikey D soon will be Daddy D
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2005, 12:18 AM »
Very cool!  Your life is going to be forever changed, and so much for the better.

Nothing beats molding and nurturing a young mind, then one day your little one says "Daddy, can we watch Star Wars again?"  Well, what more can you ask for in life?   ;)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2005, 12:23 PM »
A quick update-

Jen had her first "real " ultra sound last Wednesday.  Everything's perfect.  She told the technician she didn't want to know the sex of the baby, whereas I did.  The technician wrote it down on a piece of paper and handed it to me.  I stuck in my back pocket and left it in my truck, not having looked at it.

On Thursday, I told her I looked at it, not doing so.  My plan was to keep the paper in the truck until she wanted to know.  If that was the day the kid was born, then so be it.  I didn't want to be the only person who knew the sex of the baby.  If I knew, I couldn't tell anymore, because the minute she received a specific sex item, she'd know what it was.

Jen lasted a total of a day and a half.  She called me Friday during lunch, saying she wanted to know.  I told her I'll give her the paper when I get home from work. 

I got home and asked her if she really wanted to know.  She said yes, I went and got the paper and handed it to her.  For the record, she was 100% absolutely positive it was a girl.  She opened the paper and said she wasn't expecting that.  I said, let me see, I never looked at the paper.  I told her I didn't want to be the only one that knew and if it took nine months, then it took nine months.

With that said, I'm going to be the proud father of a baby boy!  Yesterday, we started registering and bought him his first outfit.  July 29th is going to be here before I know it.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2005, 01:18 PM »
Congratulations, Mikey!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005, 02:06 PM »
That's great Mikey - We've been in the "find out at birth camp" for both our kids, and have stayed solid there through number 3.

With one girl and one boy, this new baby has become our tie breaker to see which way the gender balance of power will shift.

In about two and a half more weeks he or she will let us in our his or her little secret.

Best wishes,

Deanpaul
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2005, 02:52 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2005, 03:00 PM »
Excellent news. Congrats!  A young padawan.  It will be the most fun you will ever have. Dont forget to pick him up doubles of the Galactic Heroes line ;D

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2005, 03:35 PM »
Excellent news. Congrats!  A young padawan.  It will be the most fun you will ever have. Dont forget to pick him up doubles of the Galactic Heroes line ;D

The ones I have now are his.  But it is tough to keep them carded and not play with them until he's ready for them ;)

And Congrats on the third bundle of joy, Dean.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2005, 03:57 PM »
Congratulations!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Baby boy, cool!  I've got a 3 year old girl, and somehow managed to resist finding out the sex until the day she was born.  But it was pretty tempting some days...   :)

Congrats Mikey, it's gonna be fun.   :D

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2005, 09:37 AM »
Congrats Mikey! I'm a clear proponent of knowing the sex before birth. It made shopping for our daughter all the more enjoyable just because we could envision (a little bit) how it might be. And it was a heck of a lot easier just concentrating on girl names. For our second child (due March 11), the technician couldn't tell for sure, so we've had to really struggle with NOT imagining what this one will be like. Plus, we had to think of names for both a boy and a girl...that my wife and I both liked (no easy task).  ;)

Deanpaul - When exactly is the due date for your third? Looks like around March 17? Our second is due the 11th...Pisces rule (wife's b-day is the 1st, mine is the 11th)! Congrats!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2005, 10:06 AM »
Congratulations!!! 

You won't be getting any sleep once the bundle comes but you get used to it...kind of  :) 

Put it this way.  My son is 15 weeks old and I am happy to only be up twice per night.  But he's lots of fun!!!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2005, 10:52 AM »
COngrats again Mikey  :)  We didn't find out for either boy but we were temtped more the second time than we were on Max.  I think if we ever have a third we might be even more tempted :P

Oh, and Erik is now 10 months and we're still getting up 2-3 times per week with him...Got Sleep? :P

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2005, 11:06 AM »
Deanpaul - When exactly is the due date for your third? Looks like around March 17? Our second is due the 11th...Pisces rule (wife's b-day is the 1st, mine is the 11th)! Congrats!

Congratulations Bob! I can't keep track of who I knew was expecting and who is new news. Sorry if this is something I should have known already...

It looks like it's that time of year - time for all the babies to come out, that is. ;) We should start a new thread of "who's wife is not expecting!

Our date is the 16th according to the doc, the 11th according to the ultrasound tech. We're going with the doc, and my wife has been late with the last two, so we're really just enjoying the ride. I'm mostly praying for a non-St. Pat's kid. Our son was born on Halloween, but I don't think it would be very fun to have your birthday on a holiday when your friends are consistently drunk for you party...

I'm in the Pisces pool as well - Feb 23. We've got a lot of company in here.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2005, 11:13 AM »
Don't worry about the sleep though.  There are plenty of great programs to watch from 2-4am.  If you don't mind watching re-runs of Home Improvement that is :) 

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 1, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Our date is the 16th according to the doc, the 11th according to the ultrasound tech. We're going with the doc, and my wife has been late with the last two, so we're really just enjoying the ride. I'm mostly praying for a non-St. Pat's kid. Our son was born on Halloween, but I don't think it would be very fun to have your birthday on a holiday when your friends are consistently drunk for you party...

I'm in the Pisces pool as well - Feb 23. We've got a lot of company in here.

That's a whole lot of Pisces...or should I say a school of Pisces.

Yes, by all means, tell your wife to try not to have the baby on St. Pat's. ;) Drinking holidays and baby birthdays just don't go together. We're (well, she is) trying to aim for this week, since my wife is oh-so ready to have this child. Anticipation is getting the best of both of us.

Best wishes to you and your family for an easy delivery and healthy child.