Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 2779 times)

SilverZ

World of Warcraft
« on: September 17, 2004, 02:34 PM »
My friend has been playing the beta of the Warcraft mmorpg, and it looks fantastic. I played Galaxies with him for a long time, and he's explaining that this is everything we wanted out of Galaxies, with great story and mission structure while not looking like crappy EQ.

Is anyone going to be playing this when it launches, hopefully before Xmas? I think I'm in on this one.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 11:55 AM »
Funny, but I have a friend that said the EXACT same thing.

He's been playing the Beta (I think it's done now?), and he loved the crafting, the content, everything.

He's trying hard to get me to abandon Galaxies and join him on WoW (he's planning on keeping both, but spending more time on WoW). 

After my JtL Beta experience and the Jedi fiasco, I'm considering it...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 01:41 PM »
Join the Dark Side and drop Galaxies!  :) I dumped my poor Rodian Combat Medic, Jareedo, in his house and left it all to decay. Gonna jump all over Warcraft, me thinks.

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 02:42 AM »
Naw, I will still keep Galaxies but get this game as well. Oh yea!

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 11:42 PM »
Anyone else experiencing the hell of the WoW launch? Servers have been hammered all day today, as expected, but still sad that they didn't brace for it.

Game seems to have a ton of content, though.

If you could play it.  ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 06:01 AM »
I'm having trouble getting into the mmorpg's and stuff.  Maybe Galaxies turned me off to the notion.  My brother pimps Ultima's greatness to me, but I just am having trouble wrapping my brain around it all.

I played Galaxies' preview couple of weeks, and was highly let down by the fact that all I did was run around on Tatooine getting confused.  I even was getting sick a couple times, which I'm finding is a more and more frequent problem for me when gaming.  Used to only be minor but it's getting to the point I get pretty nauseus.  :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77