Author Topic: 2nd Bambino on the Way!  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Bambino on the Way!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2005, 09:32 AM »
Cool Jim!

Regarding gender I agree with Beth. Every kid is predisposed to be unique and individual, gender is just one small part of the equation. The environments we create for them and the experiences they have take it to another level.

We have a 4 1/2 year old daughter, a 2 year old son and a T-Minus 7 weeks baby-on-the-way. We've always waited until the birth to find out the gender, and as a relative pointed out with this pregnancy "you've already got a boy and a girl - now all you can do is try for flavors".

Best wishes,

Deanpaul
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2nd Bambino on the Way!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2005, 06:20 PM »
On the outside chance you have a girl, I should share a couple of things with you.  Once she starts dating you need to remember to tell prospective boyfriends two things, one is simple, one takes a little longer.

1.  Look him straight in the eye and say I'm not afraid to go back to prison.

2. Tell him he'll take a bathtub test when he brings her home.  Explain it succinctly.  When they get back, you and he go to the bathtub.  He strips and gets in, if his balls float, they're empty and you kill him. ;D

We should be building a home shortly replete with front porch for my rocking chair, whence I will use an obscenely large knife to whittle wooden star wars figures.  I will also clean the shotgun and play banjo at that location.  The house will also come with a turret with a laser sight. 

Oh yes, one other thing: I've purchased a weight set and I do arm curls with the precise poundage of my daughter and will keep up as she grows.  I figure she should weigh in at around 100-120 in high school.  I'll probably get some fairly obscene tattos at that point as well.

Oh yeah, if it happens to be anyone here's son, please understand I will shoot them if I have to, it's nothing personal ;)

Now, what was that you said about raising boys being easier? 

My wife wanted to know if you still going to remember this post when I need someone to post my bail ;D