Author Topic: Screen Scenes: Geonosis War Room and Jedi Council  (Read 5503 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Screen Scenes: Geonosis War Room and Jedi Council
« on: March 10, 2003, 11:05 AM »
Mike at Galactic Hunter posted today that there indeed will be 4 sets of two each from the Geonosis War Room and the Jedi Council.

As reported before these sets will include two new figures and a resculpt.

Personally I'm hoping for:

Poggle the Lesser

San Hill

Shu Mai

Tikkes

And for the Jedi Council:
Oppo Rancisis
Yarael Poof
Yaddle
Even Piell

Resculpts of Mace and Yoda sitting in the chairs would be cool as well.

I am probably the most excited about these sets over anything else in the '03 line!

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
Re:Screen Scenes: Geonosis War Room and Jedi Council
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 11:50 AM »
Sorry, is that 2 packs or three packs?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Screen Scenes: Geonosis War Room and Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 12:02 PM »
Hasbro said the Screen Scenes were going to be 3-figure sets, and not just 2 like the earlier Trash sets.  They said we'd be seeing at least 2 all-new figures in each one.

I'm with OCB's votes above.  I'd love to see one of the Jedi Council sets cover some of the missing Jedi from TPM, rather than having both of them be from AOTC.

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see all four screen scenes Jedi Council sets for the complete scene from AOTC...

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
  • Let my hands speak for me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 08:47 PM »
Hasbro said the Screen Scenes were going to be 3-figure sets, and not just 2 like the earlier Trash sets.  They said we'd be seeing at least 2 all-new figures in each one.

I'm with OCB's votes above.  I'd love to see one of the Jedi Council sets cover some of the missing Jedi from TPM, rather than having both of them be from AOTC.

I wouldn't be surprised to eventually see all four screen scenes Jedi Council sets for the complete scene from AOTC...

If they were to make four sets of three figures, that would make all twelve Jedi right? If so, then we already have Yoda, Mace, Plo Koon, and Ki-Adi Mundi. And we're getting Coleman, we already have Luminara, Eeth Koth, and Saesee Tiin. We really only need a few.

If I'm correct, the seating position from left to right is Ki-Adi Mundi, Mace, Yoda, and then Plo Koon. If that's right, then we would end up with at least two in each scene that are resculpts. So we'll probably get the wrong seating position, with Jedi that we haven't had. So, if that's right, we'll end up with the right amount of Jedi, right?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 09:45 PM »
I love the Confederates... I hope they come out well... So far Wat Tambor isn't so great, but he aint so bad either.  ;D Maybe one day we'll get a Yavin & Hoth War Room too?

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2003, 06:14 AM »
Why do I smell yet another Yoda in chair, a la Episode 1/Jedi High Council?
Too many Yodas spoil the broth :(
However if they start at the other end of the line then the majority will be new.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2003, 02:54 PM »
Oh... my... God...

Those are beautiful!  You can tell that they'll obviously be connecting to other pieces as well, so we'll be getting the other half of that warroom battlefield layout, and I'm sure we'll eventually wind up with 3 more sets for the Jedi Council.

This is amazing!  Seated Jedi finally!!!  Big thanks go out to Mike and the Galactic Hunter crew for their great photos!  Now show us more!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2003, 05:03 PM »
WOW! This looks good, heck-fire, even the Mace Windu looks good! Articulated knees! Yay!

I'm totally digging the war-room...

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2003, 05:15 PM »
Those are some great looking sets. I pick up a few newer items and those will be on the list.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2003, 01:09 AM »
Happiness!

Finally, seated Jedi, and a Mace resculpt worth paying for. I even wonder if we may, in time, see not 3 more Council sets, but four... There can be a center piece that drops into the set. Maybe Qui-Gon, Obi, and Ani in neutral poses with Saga sculpting.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2003, 01:31 AM »
This is my theory that I was predicting earlier:

If you look closely, you'll notice that there's only TWO chairs in that set, but 3 figures.  Hasbro mentioned in some post show Q & A's that we'd eventually have an entire Jedi Council scene.  That would mean we'd need to be getting a total of FIVE more sets to make the required 12 chairs.  At 3 figures apiece, we'd wind up with 18 total Jedi in the 6 sets.

I'm guessing that we'll get one seated version of every Jedi in both Episodes 1 and 2, as well as possibly/probably Ep. 3 later on.  I think there were 3 Jedi that were replaced between TPM and AOTC, so that puts us at 15 total Jedi Council members to present, add another 3 member swing in Ep. 3, and there's your 18 figures for the 6 sets!  Make sense, or am I just going a little looney here?!?

I think eventually, we'll have the WHOLE shebang!  Not sure why it took Hasbro SO freaking long to catch on to this brilliant idea, but I'm glad they finally did!

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2003, 09:53 AM »
I think these two scene pieces look pretty cool. I'm glad the jedi council is getting rounded out, and with the council room at that! Mace looks like the best one since TPM and I hope they fix Oppo's snake tail but it is still very cool!
The geonosian war room is also pretty cool, finally a Poggle the LEsser! SanHill is okay and we get *another* dooku! I do like the war room holomap, that is pretty cool!
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2003, 09:59 AM »
W  :o  W!

Now that's more like it. A very nice set of figures. Those are great pictures.
Chalk those ones on my want list.  

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2003, 12:56 PM »
I think that these two sets are great looking.
I hope that there is in fact another Geo War Room set in the works to finish off the table. If not I could buy two of them and conenct them together. I just may endup getting two of this set since I do want a second Poggle for my Arena.

I hope more Jedi Council Sets are in the works as well.
Can't wait to see future sets.

More excellent work by Hasbro.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com