So...you may have seen my basement before...(CLICK FOR LARGER PICS)
Tiled aqua blue floor, wallpaper from the 70's and bookcases full of Action Figures
The space was never used, cold in the winter, too humid in the summer, tacky etc
So, we started by stripping wallpaper. That took around 6 weeks off and on which we started in September and Ended in the middle of October
Next was the mudding, patching and sanding. The sheetrock was in pretty tough shape after the wallpaper removal. Took quite a while to do this actually since every little single piece of wallpaper needed to be taken off. 2-3 weeks I'd say for this step from mid October until early November
Painting was next and me and Jenni were able to crack that out in a weekend. Painting is a piece of cake especially having painted most of the rooms in our old townhome and now again in the house.
So then the fun part, carpetinghttp://www.legatocarpet.com/
My wife saw this on Trading Spaces one night last summer and determined this was what we would do in the basement. The previous homeowner had a few problems with water in the basement (2 were their fault for not plugging in the sump pump the other they took care of by landscaping outside). With that in mind we wanted some type of easy fix if there ever was an area of water damage again
So one weekend with the help of my father in law we installed these squares. And then over the course of a few weeks I finished the edges of the room and we were done.
The carpet actually turned out really swell. You can see the edges of the squares in a few spots still but they should eventually rub out with foot traffic
The last step for major construction work is the bottom trim boards which I just have been putting off until the summer for some reason. Its sort of putsy work that hasn't gotten me motivated for some reason
The two other additions we did were a new sectional couch that we customized size wise for the corner it is sitting
The other was an electric fireplace. There was no physical way I could get a gas fireplace in the room due to city code requirements for the vent stack. So we went with plan B. It actually is just a decorative space heater. It takes the chill out of the space and doesn't look too bad
So here it is (AGAIN CLICK FOR LARGER PICS):