Author Topic: Kotobukiya!  (Read 62122 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Kotobukiya!
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2006, 07:54 PM »
Heres a picture of a new Koto....Pewter Vader! Expected September

Interesting.  I like how they kept his saber red.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 07:55 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2006, 07:16 PM »
RoBBy.jp has the C-3PO & R2-D2 up for preorder. 9,660 yen or $83.80 US or $93.31 CDN. The deadline is 2006/06/27 & mentions a release date of 2006/09/30.

Looks looks RoBBY.jp is the winner.  ;)

Offline commander apoc

• Jedi Initiate
  • Fine by me.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2006, 07:02 PM »
I got this Clone trooper epIII yesterday for 30 Euro's....  8)
it was on discount for 55 Euro's, but I had a Coupon, so...... it was quite cheap hey..... :P

There can never be enough clones.....

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 1, 2006, 04:13 PM »
What would you think between the classic and Ep. III Darth Vader versions? Which looks better, which is your favorite and why? I'm interested, maybe in the future I'll try buying one (maybe winning the lottery :P)
« Last Edit: July 1, 2006, 04:14 PM by jkno »

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2006, 11:40 AM »
Thanks to a Barnes & Noble sale, coupon, discount and gift cards I picked this beauty up for $.46! Also they packed it really crappy 0so I complained and they gave me a free $5 gift card back...

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2006, 01:15 PM »
Thanks to a Barnes & Noble sale, coupon, discount and gift cards I picked this beauty up for $.46! Also they packed it really crappy 0so I complained and they gave me a free $5 gift card back...

Sweet! Doesn`t get any better than getting PAID to take a Koto, heh
Adam

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2006, 05:14 AM »
I don't really like the Silver pewter Vader. It looks a bit strange. But I think everything it's about fashion and repaints...

I too have a great deal with an online shop: Toy Palace. Marco Russe has great offers for me and I won't pass. I already have on pre-order the Droids set and Leia.

At home I already got: ROTS Vader, Scout Trooper, Sandtrooper and Snowtrooper. This week I'm expecting the Koto Stormie to arrive as well. I only collect OT imperials and Droids, I'm passing the Jedi and even clones, since I'm not a big fan of PT. Leia is an exception.  ;)

BTW here is my Kotobukiya collection, or check out my signature or you can find it on this thread
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:16 AM by jkno »

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2006, 08:46 AM »
Ok, here is what my current collection of Koto's looks like. I tend to stick to Clones/Troopers and Sith (and yes, Boba Fett is technically a clone isn't he ? lol):

and

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2006, 09:47 AM »
I just received my Kotobukiya Stormtrooper. It is awsome, I didn't think I'd like it since it has a strange pose. But it looks pretty cool among the other troopers.

HELP: Is there anyone who can tell me about the arm pegs the stormie has? I was used to the rectangular pegs that fit into the statue's body, but the stormie has a different type of pegs (they are 2 like some arrows that open up and fit in the hole). Deos anyone have the same? Was this because it was released in 2003 and the otherKotos like Scout, Snowtrooper etc are newer versions?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2006, 08:48 PM »
Nice pics, man i'm kicking myself for not picking up the different sandtroopers when i had the chance
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2006, 10:26 AM »
I just used my galactic rewards through MBNA to nab  a Bly. This will be my first of these, but after seeing how nice your collections look, I doubt it will be my last.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2006, 11:17 PM »
Doh ! Nice

I still need a bly and aotc clone !   :(

Offline konakazi

• Youngling
  • If only you knew the power of BIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2006, 11:36 AM »
I've managed to resist picking up any of these so far but the R2 and Threepio are soooo perfect and iconic, that I can not resist. I also have a bit of a Threepio collection at home and that would make a great centerpiece.

When I eventually switch jobs, I hope they have as much shelf space for me. Otherwise, i'm going to have make some serious room for my imperial guys at home lol.  :P

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2006, 12:55 PM »
The Droids set seems to be pretty big. Lack of display space is an issue for me as well. But together with the others I already got and Leia I MUST get space for... ;)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2006, 02:11 AM »
If anyone is looking for a killer deal on the original Koto Vader, check out TFAW.com - they've got a 'nick and dent' one for only $50!