Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63826 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Terminator Toy Line... 4" Scale.
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2005, 09:34 AM »
The face sculpts on the 12 inch for Sahara looked very good though. They did a nice job, but that can change witht he production figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2005, 10:02 AM »
I'd expect that not to change actually.  21st is a very good company...  Pretty adept at taking a 1:6 head and just scaling it down for 1:18 too.  Dragon does a similar process when they whip up 1:18 figures (as rare as that is).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 3, 2005, 09:36 PM »
Oh look. Pictures.

Nice endoskeleton. Looking forward to seeing the other Terminator designs.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: March 3, 2005, 10:26 PM »
Welp, I love the pictures John, thanks...  That's a nicely done figure it seems, lots of points of articulation if my eyes aren't deceiving me, and the word on 2 T-1000's and a "soldier" (is that the guy that goes back to save Sara Connor?), as well as the tank (hell yeah!) rock...  I just hope this isn't the LAST the line has to offer. 

On a semi-related note, I have a case of the 4" AvP figures due me now...  Just gotta get the payment to the company, and hopefully these'll arrive here soon.  I'm hoping for something great when I get them...  I don't tend to deal with people overseas, so I'm hoping this just goes ok.  Good feedback, so I should be ok, but one never knows I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: March 5, 2005, 03:38 PM »
OK, I hate dealing overseas because things are so confusing, but I believe I got payment hashed out in a simple method...  Hopefully the case arrives soon, and I'll let the thread know if I got any of the chases.  I've NEVER seen what the Alien chase is...

MisterPL, do you know if it's a queen alien?  That was the rumor I'd read several places...  The predator was an eldar with some neat accessories like a robe and things.  No word on the 2nd one though, and none on Ebay.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 7, 2005, 11:24 AM »
I've yet to read any confirmation of the Alien chase being the Queen. That would shock me. Most chase figures just have a different accessory or unique paint app. A true 4-inch scale Queen would require larger packaging, and even a smaller one should require a new set of toolings.

I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I seriously doubt the chase is a Queen.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: March 7, 2005, 06:18 PM »
Yeah I've not heard ANYTHING on the chase other than the queen rumor but it seemed a bit of a pipedream to me too.  Nice idea though.

That 4: snapkit line needs Colonial marines though...  At least a few of the ones who made it to the end like Hicks,e tc...

And a Ripley...  Come on! 

Can't wait.  Got my figs from a place called ABC-Express so we'll see how fast they arrive.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: March 8, 2005, 09:54 PM »
http://afigures.com/g/albums/Microman/MICROALIENPRED.jpg

These are the Microman figures MisterPL?
« Last Edit: March 9, 2005, 05:22 PM by Jesse James »

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 9, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Hard to tell.  :P

Check these images out.

And here's a picture of the Queen prototype. Looks like she comes with a mini-Pred. With any luck, it's Action Fleet scaled.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #39 on: March 9, 2005, 05:24 PM »
Eh, the image showed for all of like 2 seconds I guess, hehe

Those images you posted are the same ones though, so I guess they are the same.  I'm not fond of those Predators at all.  Very toy-ish, and HUGE heads.  They look like Mardis Gras costumes!  :)

The aliens look a lot better though, and facehuggers/pods = figure goodness.  I'd buy an alien just for the accessories if that's the case, so I can have a face hugger on a stormtrooper!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Anyone know much more about the Kenner Aliens line that Muftak mentioned on Page 1?

I was told by a friend at another forum about the Alien Queen being a whole playset with a base, a bunch of eggs, some ooze...  She sounded cool and he is a scale stickler and claimed she's about 1:18 scale actually.

Also, what of the vehicles...

I saw a Marine Evac ship and a Load Lifter.  Anyone know much on these?  I'd dig having both, though I feel sure the Marine ship's not to-scale, but I wanted it for a Star Wars custom.

Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2005, 11:05 AM »
I have the Kenner Alien Queen Playset. It is pretty sweet, and it seems pretty close to 1:18 scale, though I'm not really sure how big the Aliens Queen was supposed to be. McFarlane's Queen is more impressive to me, and seems closer to the scale of the one seen in AvP. (Or maybe she just looked huge. Have to watch it again.)

I also have the Load Lifter which desperately needs a better paint job. The detail's not bad, but it's not "collector quality," IMO. After seeing what McFarlane did with Mifune's APU from The Matrix, I was hoping they'd offer a Load Lifter in a 4-inch scale.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2005, 02:45 PM »
Interesting Mr.PL, thanks...

I have to check out the McFarlane Queen then...  I want to get one that's best detailed and to-scale.  Soemthing to compliment the Hot Toys figures on their way here...  Can't wait to put a predator in my Cantina too, heh.

I wanted the Load Lifter as a SW custom base too...  Nothing major, just something to have impy's workign with in a freighter's bays or something.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2005, 03:01 PM »
That's an interesting ideer. I bought the APU to add something special to Durge's arsenal.  ;D
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2005, 01:50 AM »
Well, I can't find the Kenner Alien Queen Playset as easily as I'd have liked...  It looks better than McFarlane's to me, but I can't find one readily for sale.  I'm hoping to though...  The scale of the McFarlane one seems odd.  I know the human's bigger than a SW figure but the queen's small it seems, I dunno.

The Kenner playset, I figured, was not only a neat queen but also the set itself is pretty great looking I figured. 

Be great if I could mimic the "sticky" look they had in the films to stick victims to the walls.  A few Imperials stuck to walls?  Come on!  That'd rock, think about it!  Set that up around the Kenner playset with the queen popping out eggs...  That's a cross-over waiting to happen folks.

A stormtrooper with his chest being blown out by the jaws of an Alien too?  Fuggetaboutit!