Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63830 times)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2006, 07:44 PM »
My first pics really did not do the level of detail on these Snap-Kits Justice. So, here are some sharper pics. And I through some Shots of them wearing my custom covers. I did not do a very elabrate  job on mine, just dropped some Gung Ho hats in some brown optical dye at work to give them more of an Olive drab Color.

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2006, 02:17 PM »
Anyone know what the major differences are between the McFarlane Terminator Endoskeleton versus the Neca version?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 3, 2007, 12:20 AM »
Good god this is so frickin cool!  :o

ALIENS Power Loader - Poseable Model Kit

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to bring you the first ever, 1:6 scale Power Loader collectible, produced as a fully-poseable model kit. The Power Loader is large enough to fit a 12-inch figure inside, true to 1:6 scale, and includes an electronic light-up working warning signal light. This highly detailed, highly-articulated model is sure to be the centerpiece of your Aliens collection.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: March 3, 2007, 01:13 AM »
1:6 scale...  That's insane.

I so want the Hot Toys Snap Kit set for Aliens but just cannot find it for a good price...  Anyone ordering those?  WOuldn't mind getting a case myself here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #139 on: March 3, 2007, 04:21 PM »
I was nothing short of awestruck when I saw that at Toy Fair.  It's pretty mind-blowing in person.

John

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #140 on: March 4, 2007, 03:00 PM »
The power loader is amazing, I pre-ordered that and Ripley. I already have an Alien Warrior and the Grid Alien and my Predator with decapated alien head shipped from Sideshow.

Anyone have an extra snap kit aliens or predators?
« Last Edit: March 5, 2007, 06:38 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2007, 09:56 PM »
$249.99 US for the Power Loader & $89.99 US for the Ripley figure from Sideshow which is sold out. Total: $339.99 US.

RoBBy.jp, both for $169.00 US. Reg 28,831 yen so $245.00 US.

That is of hell of a deal!  :o

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2007, 11:08 PM »
yeah but how much is shipping going to be on that.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 15, 2007, 10:14 PM »
A few bucks I must say, really pricey to ship from Japan.  :-\

Just saw this at Sideshow:

We are pleased to announce that Hot Toys has very generously decided to include a Ripley 1:6th scale model kit with your purchase of the ALIENS Power Loader, at no extra charge! If you have already placed your pre-order for the Power Loader, rest assured that the order has already been updated, and you do not need to take any action.

Please also note that the Ripley kit included with the Power Loader is not the same as the regular, individually packaged release. The Power Loader version of Ripley will not include the jacket, some accessories, or the individual packaging. Final details are TBD.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2007, 07:01 AM »
I saw that too, pretty annoyed they announced this after their ripley sold out. Now i have to go through the process of returning it. No need for 2 and i could use the 100.00 towards the power loader.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #145 on: April 11, 2007, 04:06 AM »
I have my Aliens case coming in soon...  Took me forever to buy.  Expensive as sin but that's what credit cards are for I guess.  Long-term lay-away.  ::)  Can't wait though.  Wish I could get more Marines on the cheap but for now this'll do.  God I hope HT gets more snap kits out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2007, 04:30 AM »
Got my Aliens Snap Kit case today in the mail... 

OUTSTANDING figures...  ALl of them.  You get 12 figures to a case, so you're getting doubles of two figures.  I got one extra Marine and one extra Alien.  That's cool I guess but two Marines would've been preferable of course.

The articulation has some limitations, and that is to be expected.  These aren't actually toys, they're described as "model kits", however they're bitchin' model kits to-scale to Star Wars figures.  The Aliens are BIG hulking figures, the Marines/Ripley are definitely the case's highlight though. 

The likenesses are pretty good to the characters, though the Ripley and Hicks figures are questionable...  Almost makes you think there was likeness issues involved.  The details on the uniforms are outstanding.  Every little thing like zippers, pockets, armor buckles, laces on boots, flashlights, ammo, etc., is in there somewhere...  Lots of detail.

The Marines you get are an odd mix...  Ripley and Hicks make sense as 2 of the only survivors of the movie...  You get Sgt. Appone and Cpl. Drake as well though, who if IIRC bite the big one early on during the Marine's exploration of the mining facility.  I figured you'd get Vasquez and Bill Paxton's character first, but whatever.

The figures are FRAGILE...  At first.  I broke a knee joint on Appone and had to do some knee replacement with my extra Marine (I got 2 Drakes).  This annoys the ever loving piss out of me, but it's my own fault for not taking the time I needed to, and doing this at home where I had a hot pot to boil water and do this intricately.  The figures need hot water to snap most of the joints together, and it's a good idea to loosen the complex knee joint (it's weird) with boiling water.  The figures have a knee joint exactly like Bespin Vader's in that it is a self-contained point of articulation that snaps into a calf piece and up into a thigh piece separately.  Cool, but it's uber fragile as I noted, and the pin broke on Appone.  I think it's made of styrene though, and I'll be able to weld it with the proper adhesive.

The Aliens could use some accessories, especially since you essentially are buying the same figure in various decoes... S ome chest bursters, some face huggers, some eggs.  These all would've gone a long way to improving value there.  The Marines/Ripley come decked out with ammo though.  Hicks especially has a lot of gear.

As noted there's some posing limitations, but not much.  These are essentially super poseable figures with lots of well hidden joints.  They pop apart easily sometimes (Ripley especially) but the end figure is really something special and they're great for adult collectors.  Not so much a kid though.

All I can say now is that I hope I can maybe nab a Marine or two more, and I'd dig another Aliens set...  I want Vasquez, a Paul Reiser figure...  They could give me Bishop too, he rocks.  It'd be cool to get more of the Aliens characters though for sure.  I don't know where to go from there though.  The Snap Kit design would do well with other film lines like Terminator, Predator (original), Predator 2, etc.  I figure if they did AvP, they may go with one of those...  And I'm in line to buy.  These things rock.

EDIT:

By the way I paid a LOT for these...  They're not cheap.  But a case of 12 worked out (after shipping) to about $12 a figure...  That's not horrid, just not great really...  I'd like more Marines but not at the prices I see singles going for, not by a long shot.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:35 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2007, 03:29 AM »
Does anyone happen to have any of the Aliens or Predators from Takara's MicroMan line?  I can't seem to find these for my life, and I'd like at least an alien...  mostly for his accessories, as I cannot find a facehugger or chest burster in the 4" scale...

Anyone got these?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 9, 2007, 07:05 PM »
BBTS have the Aliens & USCM snap kits for $139.99 instock.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 9, 2007, 11:20 PM »
I saw that today.  If I wasn't saving for CIV I might be tempted by that set.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"