Author Topic: Holy Mother of ROTS!  (Read 9601 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Mother of ROTS!
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2005, 08:02 PM »
You must be in a bad mood Morbug, that 3PO is easily the best one ever made.  If you rate it a 6, the others must all be 2s, 3s and 4s.   ;)

Dooku is outstanding... I think you would really like him.   :)

:P

I just took a passing glance at Dooku, so like I said, tough call from me. 

3PO's still in the package, so I can only see neck, shoulder and hip articulation, pretty much the same as my vintage 3PO which is 28 years older.  They're both nice and shiny, the eyes on this one may be better.  He looks to maybe have torso articulation as well, so that's nice.  But he could have had wrist, knee and ankle articulation. :-\  I understand no elbow articulation, but no good reason for the rest. 

crustily yours ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2005, 08:14 PM »
crustily yours ;)

You said it, not me. :P

I'm fighting myself on weather or not I want the Chewie figure at all. It just doesnt apeal to me.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Well, the 3PO would be better with more articulation; we have yet to get one with the SA treatment.  I would rate this one by far as the best we have ever gotten - hands down.  Nothing even comes close.  Not only is the sculpt damn near perfect, but all his limbs come off and he has a ball jointed waist.

I still think the Chewbacca was worth getting.  No regrets getting one.

The only ROTS figures that I think aren't worth at least buying are the Super Battle Droid and Destroyer Droid.  Maybe the kicking Obi Wan also... and the Deluxe Obi Wan/Super Battle Droid.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Well, the 3PO would be better with more articulation; we have yet to get one with the SA treatment.  I would rate this one by far as the best we have ever gotten - hands down.  Nothing even comes close.  Not only is the sculpt damn near perfect, but all his limbs come off and he has a ball jointed waist.

Yeah.
Like I said though, mine's still in package and I have surprisingly few open 3PO's around to compare with.  I know the VOTC sucked **** ;) but I remember the Hall of Fame version looked alright. 

Chewie's fine, it's just the paint is all.  He's been bleaching for highlights. 

And hey, I didn't rate anything other than Yoda below a 6 :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2005, 10:27 AM »
Yeah, all the Yodas just look terrible... very disappointing.  I will probably get the first one and the one with the Cancell bug.

Open your C3PO.   :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Spinning attack Yoda is definitely a disappointment.  The base is cool, but the figure is dreck.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2005, 09:28 AM »
Wow - thanks for clarifying, for some reason I thought the Yoda w/Cancell was a deluxe figure! The CargoBay site over at Starwars.com has this listed as a Deluxe Figure too - I guess that's where I got that idea from - but we all know that sometimes they have bad info...

Well, looks like you (and the Cargo Bay) were right.  Yoda with Can-cell is indeed a Deluxe figure according to the Hasbro site...

Looks like those early reports from Asia of him being in the case with the AT-RT were butt-ass wrong.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender