Author Topic: Target's exclusive "Micro" line  (Read 18937 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Target's exclusive "Micro" line
« on: January 27, 2005, 05:02 PM »
That sucks that Target just changed their mind and decided to pass on this line after all...

Or maybe not.   ;)

Looks like Target's in on these exclusives as well.  Odd that Walmart and Target would be sharing different exclusives from the same line of old ships, including a couple of the identical ships getting shared...  Or are they not the Diecast versions, and are instead just the old MicroMachine ones?  Hard to tell really...  I guess it's probably the latter, now that I think about it.

Are the figures from the former Micro Machine line, or what?  Actually, after scoping out the larger shots, they almost look like they're all new...   ???

« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 07:54 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: SW Titanium Series!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 01:43 AM »
Well, looks line one line I won't be spending money on.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 04:05 AM »
Are those Micro Machines? If so, I'm passing on them. I have all those in the upcoming line already.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 09:48 AM »
Nope, I'm not going to be picking up this line ethier.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Target exclusive "Micro" line
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 10:26 PM »
I fiddled with the size of the images to get a sense of how big these could be and my best guess is the package is roughly 4" x 6".

The figures are 3/4", not including the puck-like stand. (I wonder if there's significance to the uniform stand other than to save costs in tooling or production should it be a separate piece the figure is later attached to.)

At this scale, most of the ships would indeed be the same size as existing mm vehicles, the exception being the landspeeder. The one pictured appears slightly bigger (and obviously without a seated Luke). It also looks like the sandcrawler has less detail, but that could just be due to the low resolution.

[update: 1/31/05]

Just caught this thread over at RS. Someone's attributing to SSG that the micro line consists of rehashes from the diecast/x-ray ships.

The sandcrawler in the picture certainly resembles the diecast version more closely than than it does the mm vehicle.

That's going to be one huge peg hole!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2005, 03:35 PM by Jedi Idej »

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 2, 2005, 06:30 AM »
I think they are only rehashes, and that's why I don't like Hasbro. Man, I still miss Action Fleet!!!!!!! :'(

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 4, 2005, 12:29 PM »
Are they going to release EP3 vehicles with these?  They just can't get past the fact that everyone has the OT ships that wanted them.  You think they would learn that with the AF OT vehicles from the past release.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 08:58 AM »
Another Hasbro update today on the Star Wars Micro Vehicle Multi-Packs – Wave 2.

Today we have the ANH Trench Ambush Set, EBS Battle of Hoth Set and ROTJ Bounty Hunter and Sith Set.

Meh, still passing on them. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2005, 12:19 PM »

I actually have collected some of the earlier MicroMachines, but with so much coming out at once, this line will probably get put on the backburner. 

One big attraction to these is they are actually OT vehicles - I'm sure this will get them a lot of attention.

Has anyone heard anything official as to whether these are new molds, or old MicroMachines, or old Diecast ships?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 01:34 AM »
After thinking about it a bit, the Titanium Series must be like the old Die-Cast vehicles, and so the Micro line would be equivalent in size to the old MicroMachines line.  Now if I can just figure out if they're new or rehashes...   
???

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2005, 08:32 PM »
I picked up the first 3 the other day at MM.  Haven't opened them yet, and don't have my prior Micro Machine ships handy to compare them, though I'd suspect the ships to be the same.  Not so sure about the figures though.  I think they're all new.

But yeah J2, the former Diecast line from a number of years ago is now the new WM exclusive Titanium Series, along with some all-new PT ships as well.

Anyone know when Wave 2 of the Target Micro line is due out?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2005, 07:19 PM »
I picked up the first 3 the other day at MM.  Haven't opened them yet, and don't have my prior Micro Machine ships handy to compare them, though I'd suspect the ships to be the same.

Upon closer inspection, I'm not thinking the ships may be all new as well...  They seem bigger than the original MM ships.  Maybe they're even from the same molds as WM's Titanium series?  I have no idea.  Anyone know?

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 02:07 PM »
Upon closer inspection, I'm not thinking the ships may be all new as well...  They seem bigger than the original MM ships.  Maybe they're even from the same molds as WM's Titanium series?  I have no idea.  Anyone know?

I heard they were molded using the larger "X-Ray" versions of MM, like these.

The X-Ray ships were a bit larger than the standard MMs were.  I don't own them to compare for ya, but that is the info I last heard from Target...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 10:09 AM »
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4358&zoneid=2

Hmmm, kind of cool really. Vehicles that transform into mini playsets.  I like it. 

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2005, 04:35 AM »
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=4358&zoneid=2

Hmmm, kind of cool really. Vehicles that transform into mini playsets.  I like it. 

THESE are nice!! Really nice! :)