Author Topic: AT-RT - the walker army-builder  (Read 24654 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: AT-RT - the walker army-builder
« Reply #15 on: February 5, 2005, 02:26 PM »
Let us not forget that the AT-AT was employed in the Clone Wars during the Jambin campaigns.

Call me a 'Saxtonian' but I think that there are many different walkers for differnet roles. Variations on some, totally independant for others. But I suppose the brighter minds have to prevail on this one...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2005, 03:10 PM »
Yep, it was very cool to see AT-ATs deployed in that battle.  It would be so cool to see an AT-AT in ROTS...

Anyways, Hasbro make the AT-RT or I'll rip your arms out of their sockets.

:P

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 6, 2005, 01:27 PM »
I really do like this vehicle - I think any times there is a chance for a mini-rig type vehicle that was actually in the movie and the toy can easily made to scale, I'm all for it.

Unless someone has already said it in the thread and I missed it (if so I apologize)...

1) Do you think AT-RT stands for All-Terrain, Reconnaissance Transport?
2) Is this pic showing the final design of the trooper that will be driving/piloting these things?

I figured the clone with that visor headpiece that was on the cover of the Insider about a year ago would have made for an excellent recon-unit, so to pair up a recon trooper with a recon vehicle would make sense. (at least to me)

I will definitely get a couple of these to open, my son saw the pic and thinks it is a cool design so since the price point probably won't be that high, I'll grab him one to play with and beat on and then I'll grab a fourth to keep MIB/MIP.

Now if only the BARC Speeder design and its trooper looked this good...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 6, 2005, 02:35 PM »
Pete_Fett, I think you have the AT-RT descrition correct.

I don't know if the trooper is the final design... but I'm pretty sure the vehicle itself is the final design.

This looks like one that will be on everybody's want list.  An army!  An army of these I need!

Edit - here's pics!!!

Looks like the green driver will come with it... I guess the BARC trooper is shown on the back of this early shot.

This looks ok - not as cool as I had hoped maybe, but still pretty cool!

« Last Edit: February 6, 2005, 03:24 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 6, 2005, 03:39 PM »
Looks good, but not as good as I had hoped.  I'm considerably less excited about it now than I was five minutes ago.  :(

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2005, 03:42 PM »
Well, it definitely looks a lot better with a troop riding on it.  Still count me in for a small army, and maybe a bit of paint detailing customizing a bit.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Welcome, Pete_Fett. It's good to have you here. I hope you enjoy it here as much as over at RS.

8)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2005, 04:41 PM »
Definitely getting one of these, but why are all the pack in troops green?  Some sort of camo?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 6, 2005, 04:49 PM »
Yeah... I'm a bit dismayed at the green troops... it does make sense to have them camo of course, but then you wonder why in the hell the Empire didn't camo their troops on Endor.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 6, 2005, 04:51 PM »
Hmmm.... An excellent point, CHEWIE. An excellent point you have made indeed.

Hmmm....

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 6, 2005, 05:18 PM »
I really like it - the design of the AT-RT trooper is pretty cool - I'm still curious as to where the clone with the imaging visor is going to show up (if at all).

I agree with what someone else said re: the different color armor - even in ROTJ the Biker Scouts were white and black so why are they camo detailed now? I guess the only way you could rationalize it is that during the Clone Wars - the Clones were fighting for the Republic (and Palpatine the lay the ground work for the Empire) so any advantage you can give the troopers the better.

By the time EP 4-6 come around, they are the Empire, no one dare challenge them and a White & Black trooper working recon in a forest is something to fear and there's no reason for the soldier of the Empire to hide.

What is that bar to the left of the trooper? Is that just part of the packaging or is that a sidearm?
« Last Edit: February 6, 2005, 05:20 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

SilverZ

« Reply #26 on: February 6, 2005, 05:37 PM »

This looks ok - not as cool as I had hoped maybe, but still pretty cool!

My thoughts exactly. Good, but not great. The plastic on the vehicle itself looks a little cheap and the paint details are pretty sparse. It has a bit of a vintage throwback look (in a bad way).

I'm not big on that green trooper, either, but I guess final judgement depends on the context of the solider in the movie.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 6, 2005, 05:38 PM »
It certainly is some sort of accessory- not just part of the packaging. I'm not sure what it is though.  Man, now you've made my curiousity kick in. Blast you!

8)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 6, 2005, 05:40 PM »
The plastic on the vehicle itself looks a little cheap and the paint details are pretty sparse.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 6, 2005, 08:17 PM »
Hmm, the back of the box states that it has a battery operated walking feature...blesing or curse? So then about $20 is likely going to be the price.

I'll take about 5 or so, customize a few for Empire Era use.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -