Author Topic: TRU Holo Anakin?  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TRU Holo Anakin?
« on: April 7, 2005, 11:23 PM »
Still a Rumor at this point, but the little birdies are singing...

Sounds like there will be a Holographic Anakin of some sort at TRU this summer/fall.  I imagine it will be a lot like Yoda where you buy something and get it for free or just buy it at Amazon.

Now the question is will it be a Holo Anakin from Ep3 (from a certain naming ceremony  ;)) or will it be more of a Spirit of Anakin from RotJ DVD?

Anyone else heard this through the rumor mill?  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

Re: TRU Holo Anakin?
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2005, 12:10 AM »
I can accept a throw-away minor character variation like Yoda issued as a clear figure and called a hologram, and would be fine with a "Jedi Temple Security Video" version of Anakin in the same way. No big deal.

But if we start talking about spirit-form versions, I'd rather see a carded Spirit Anakin (Revisionist Version) considering how well OC Dagobah Obi turned out.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: April 8, 2005, 09:28 AM »
I will buy whatever it is, but my guess its going to be Anakin from the newly updated  ::) ROTJ.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline SGT. Flint

• Youngling
  • Th'is I... The Price Of Punk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 8, 2005, 09:55 AM »
Let this be the year of Holographic and Clear figures........ But ill tell you this I hated the silver figures and now with the exclusives being clear that just sucks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 8, 2005, 10:23 AM »
I'm getting tired of the exclusives being rehashed junk.

If it's a special exclusive deal it should be a special figure - someone not made before or a serious twist on something, not just a painted silver or translucent repack.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 8, 2005, 10:45 AM »
Hmmm.... I'm getting a bit tired of most of these.  Granted, most of the exclusives to me are kinda dumb.  I would rather see some vehicles instead.

I might want this if it looks good for a diorama.

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #6 on: April 8, 2005, 07:29 PM »
I'd be happy with either the ROTJ retro Hayden spirit, or a holographic ROTS Anakin.  I don't mind the exclusives so much, so long as they're not hard to find. 

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 05:01 PM »
Surprisingly, there's been no mention of this crap figure over the past few weeks, during all the announcements of upcoming exclusives later this year.  Hasbro didn't say a peep about it at the Q & A, and I don't think anybody remembered to ever ask them about this at the show.

Hopefully the thing just got nixed altogether.  Might've been replaced with the TRU exclusive Holo Emperor now instead.  Hopefully that'll be the end of the Holo Madness for a while (along with the Aayla & Plo rehashes, of course).

Now if it was a "Spirit of Anakin" with the revised younger version at the end of ROTJ, then I'd be happy to have him.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 05:02 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 05:33 PM »
I wouldn't mind a Holo Anakin since he actually appeared onscreen, but at the same time I can't say I'm heartbroken that it's cancelled/suspended/whatever.

When they do the Jedi Spirit Anakin Skywalker, I would like swappable Sebastian Shaw and Hayden Christensen heads. I'm totally serious BTW. "Old school" folks like me can display with the Shaw head, new converts can display with Hayden, and completists will do one of each. Everyone's happy.

Or even cooler, an update of the POTF2 Jedi Spirits Cinema Scene with OTC Ghost Ben and upgraded Yoda and bi-headed Anakin.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Well if they switched the Emperor for Anakin, i have to say i would have prefered Anakin. We already have 2 holo emperors, no need for another.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"