Author Topic: Think we'll see the Lars family?  (Read 4699 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Think we'll see the Lars family?
« on: February 5, 2005, 07:03 PM »
I can't believe we never got AOTC versions of our favorite Tatooine inhabitants... think we'll finally see them in the ROTS lineup?  Screen scene perhaps?

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Think we'll see the Lars family?
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2005, 09:26 PM »
I think it's a lock.  Weren't they on tap for AOTC and then scrubbed?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2005, 02:27 AM »
I think it's likely too if the line rolls along...  The thing is, the prequals have plenty of background fodder yet to be touched while the classics have steadily been chipped away at for 10 years now. 

The line lasts, we could see plenty of figures...  Then again, the line's life is in question after E3 as I see it. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 6, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Now I know rumors don't usually mean squat, but I heard one saying that Hasbro has a contract to keep making Star Wars figures through 2012 or something like that.  I just hope that's really the case. I would hate to see this line go out. (Maybe we shouldn't talk about it any more though, we might be giving Hasbro an idea)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 6, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Now I know rumors don't usually mean squat, but I heard one saying that Hasbro has a contract to keep making Star Wars figures through 2012 or something like that.  I just hope that's really the case. I would hate to see this line go out. (Maybe we shouldn't talk about it any more though, we might be giving Hasbro an idea)

I think the contract is good until 2018 but that doesn't mean hasbro will make the toys for that long.  It will just depend on what the demand for the toys will be that will determine how long Hasbro will make figures in mass.  WHo know what is a head with SW since there's a rumor of a TV show and stuff.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 6, 2005, 02:38 PM »
I guess the possibilty of these characters does somewhat rely on how long the line actually goes. 

Count me in the optimistic group that thinks the line has many great years ahead.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 6, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Count me in as well. And, come to think of it, count in all my friends and family too. I don't think they'd much like me to go hysterical and get carted off to the local mental institution.

By the way CHEWIE, I know it's kinda mean, but I've been meaning to tell you how much I like your avatar. It's downright hilarious.

8)

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: February 6, 2005, 03:49 PM »
Yeah, it’s going to be interesting to see if they can make the line last after the last movie.

I’m really surprised we haven’t seen at least one of the Lars clan since AOTC, especially if that rumored Screen Scene made it a ways through the dev process. To me they are far more important characters than random senators or Jedi. I still think a Cliegg figure with a hover chair is an interesting concept for a toy. He’s the polar opposite of everything traditionally appealing as a toy – missing a leg, old, and in a wheelchair. It’s brilliant.

I bet we’ll get them in a painfully slow trickle though in time though, assuming the line stays healthy.

The Clone Wars experiment gave Hasbro a good idea what can be done, both right and wrong, with the line once the movies step out of the spotlight. They’d be smart to focus their main efforts on GI Joe-esque clones versus droids versus Wookiees versus whomever, and supplement that effort with characters from the movie timeline that are directly aimed at collectors. Then we could get our Lars family and other odds and ends while the thrust of the line clips along with lots of military themed stuff.

I don’t think that’s what I’d want as my ideal setup, but it would make sense to me in order to keep the line zipping along until a TV series came to freshen up the cannon.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 6, 2005, 04:13 PM »
I would really like to see the Larseseseses as they appeared in AOTC sooner or later (preferably sooner).  Given their relative importance in ROTS and the time between III and IV, you'd think that we would at least get Owen and Beru.  Still, we really needed Background Outlander Nightclub Patron #14 since she's a half naked woman with body paint before we needed THE CARETAKERS OF THE GALAXY'S LAST HOPE!

Sorry to get carried away there.  I'd also like to see them do a resculpt of "Classic" Owen before the line ends as well, as the POTF2 three pack version is horrible.  Maybe they can do "The Most Boring Character Evolution Pack in History" and do new versions of Owen and Beru from ANH alongside the younger versions from AOTC and ROTS.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 6, 2005, 04:48 PM »
The Larseseseses?!??!?!! Is that supposed to be some kind of joke? Did I miss something?

There are supposed to be some kind of Evolutions packs coming out soon. We might see them then. Personally though I'd rather see them as high quality individual figures. Although a scene pack with AOTC Cliegg, Owen, and Beru would be pretty nice.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 6, 2005, 04:54 PM »
I think the Larseseses is just a joke.  To be grammatically correct, it would just be the Lars famil (I think, and my mom was an English teacher).

We really do need the Lars family... the evolution assortments could be cool with these - although the kids would probably rather have a 10th version of Grievous, I think the collectors out there would dig the Lars family - just make it a TRU exlusive Screen Scene or something.  Yay.

Yeah, I like the avatar too.  Normally it isn't funny to see a kid get hit in the face, but it's just hilarious for some reason.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 05:17 PM »
Still not a damned word on the poor Lars clan down at SDCC.  Badly neglected during the AOTC/Saga run, and once again getting the shaft during ROTS.  I'm sure Hasbro will eventually wise up and pump out a young Owen and Beru, and hopefully Klieg.  Just looks like it won't be for a while still...

But hey, at least we're getting another Nemoudian Guard, so it's not a total loss.  :-X

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 05:26 PM »
I like the Doc's idea of AOTC-ROTS-ANH Evolutions packs for Owen and Beru. No, seriously. :) But I guess that leaves Cliegg for a solo carded release then. Pffft. Not likely.

At least in the short- and medium-term, I think we'll only get one version of Young Owen and Beru, and the AOTC ones are more likely since they had lines and lots more screentime. ("Lots" being relative, of course.)

It sounds like the Cinema Scenes are dead for the time being, so I'm not sure what form the Lars sets would take. If I hadn't already heard the Battle Packs were not being continued after this year, I'd suggest an AOTC BP along the lines of

--Young Owen (new)
--Young Beru (new)
--Cliegg (new)
--repacked Saga Lars Homestead Padme
--vaporator
--we sure don't need another Anakin so ... ummmmm ... dead bundled Shmi? :-\

That set would probably be the pegwarmer of the century. ;)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 05:27 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 07:08 PM »
I know i have said it before but i would love a deluxe set with Owen, Beru, & Cliegg Lars with removable legs and Hover chair.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 08:51 PM »
Wasn't there a screen scene planned with them back in 2003?  I bet that when we see them, it'll be the sculpts from this.  It wouldn't take too much to repaint them for ROTS, either.  I really hope they do get around to them (and Dorme!).  Maybe if they did them as Stealth figures, you know, or holograms.  Stealth Beru.   ;)