Author Topic: Grievous' Wheel Bike  (Read 12590 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Greivous Wheelbike
« Reply #15 on: February 8, 2005, 08:12 AM »
Eh, it was ok for Comedy Central so I'm not gonna complain unless the powers that be tell me otherwise.

Good score on the pic.  I can only fathom Greivous cruising in similar style.  I'd be horribly disappointed in E3, but at the same time I know I'd not be the only one laughing his ass off in the theater.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 8, 2005, 09:15 AM »
Ah yes, the IT. Quite the wheel bike it is.   ;D

LOL! I dunno if this is going to be okay to post here, but here it goes (and here I go getting myself in trouble again)...

I don't think the Government is going to shut you down.   :D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 8, 2005, 01:26 PM »

:P

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 8, 2005, 05:19 PM »
Hmmm.... Actually doesn't look all that bad. I agree though about Grievous being an inadvertant army builder. :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2005, 11:14 AM »
I think they kinda cheaped out on the Grievous figure here with the paint details... but I guess that's to be expected in a pack in figure.   ::)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 11:23 AM »
I think they kinda cheaped out on the Grievous figure here with the paint details... but I guess that's to be expected in a pack in figure.   ::)

And fine with me, because as others have pointed out, we are already getting Preview Grievous, III-09 Grievous, III-36 Cloaked Grievous, DLX Lightsaber Attack Grievous, etc - plenty of "good" Generals to go around.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 02:15 PM »
Hopefully some of the other better painted ones can sit down fine on the Wheelbike like this one can.   :)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: March 7, 2005, 11:50 AM »
With a bunch of people finding this vehicle this weekend, I thought I'd better bump this thread so people have a place to post pictures and pick up the discussion...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Grievous' Wheel Bike
« Reply #23 on: March 7, 2005, 09:33 PM »
Ok - this was the first vehicle I opened of the three. I like this one A LOT - different from anything we've seen or gotten before in a SW movie.

The included Grevious sucks. But the preview Grevious doesn't fit in the drivers seat any better either. The pack-in Grevious only has six points of articulation (no knee or elbow joints of any kind) and it just TOO white. There's no marks or "dirtiness" to the figure - in other words, the pain job stinks.

The vehicle itself stands great with the legs deployed and in "rolling" mode, it's easy to work using the handle. Anyway - on with the pics...

Here's the preview Grevious at the controls...

Here's a comparison shot of the two figures (sorry it's not better)

If anyone wants a different angle or other pics or has any questions, feel free to ask.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: March 7, 2005, 11:14 PM »
The included Grevious sucks. But the preview Grevious doesn't fit in the drivers seat any better either. The pack-in Grevious only has six points of articulation (no knee or elbow joints of any kind) and it just TOO white. There's no marks or "dirtiness" to the figure - in other words, the pain job stinks.

Here's a comparison shot of the two figures (sorry it's not better)

Yeah, once I had this Grievous figure in hand, I too was really impressed by his "suck" factor.  I guess I don't mind because we are getting other better General Grievous figures, but it would have been nice if the Wheel Bike figure would have at least matched the other one in terms of coloration...  ::)

Jeff

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 8, 2005, 06:55 AM »
Yeah, once I had this Grievous figure in hand, I too was really impressed by his "suck" factor.  I guess I don't mind because we are getting other better General Grievous figures, but it would have been nice if the Wheel Bike figure would have at least matched the other one in terms of coloration...  ::)

If the colors had matched - since the head is ball jointed, you could have just swapped the head of the packed-in Grevious with a excellently detailed preview or regular release. As you can see from the picture, the heads don't even look the same between the two figures!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 8, 2005, 08:13 AM »
Just a quick question: has anyone been able to get the included Grievous (horror that he is) to sit in his chair and hold the controls correctly?  The controls and the footrests are made of a really soft rubber, and as yet I have been unable to get him to look right sitting there.  Any tips from anyone else out there?

By the way, all I can think of when I see this toy is the G.I. Joe RAH Cobra Buzz Boar.  I mean, "teeth" wheels, cannon on the side, same basic design elements, etc.  That being said, I thought the Buzz Boar was a really cool toy when I was a kid, and I think that this is very cool now.  The positioning of the control chair on the side seems a bit awkward (as opposed to the chair on the Buzz Boar being inside the vehicle), but overall, I think it's a cool toy.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 8, 2005, 08:33 AM »
Thanks for all the great pics Pete.  This looks like a pretty cool vehicle, and something "different" for the Star Wars universe.  The Grievous pack-in figure is definitely "teh suck", but I can live with it since we have the preview version (and several more on the way).  Plus, at least they put a figure in there, that way if any kids do want to pick this up, they'll have someone to drive the thing around, even if he is the Crest "ultra white" strips version :).

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 8, 2005, 11:57 AM »
Just a quick question: has anyone been able to get the included Grievous (horror that he is) to sit in his chair and hold the controls correctly?  The controls and the footrests are made of a really soft rubber, and as yet I have been unable to get him to look right sitting there.  Any tips from anyone else out there?

The shot I posted above that shows the pack-in Grevious in the cockpit is the BEST I could do - which is, feet were on each foot rest but only ONE hand was holding a controller for the vehicle - I just could NOT get the figure to grab hold of BOTH controllers and STAY that way.

Frustrating to say the least.
Peter

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 8, 2005, 12:36 PM »
well the toy looks ok but the figure sux wd-40  >:(
I'd get it on sale next year
 :-\
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"