Author Topic: Grievous' Wheel Bike  (Read 12588 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Grievous' Wheel Bike
« on: February 6, 2005, 03:27 PM »

:P
« Last Edit: March 7, 2005, 11:57 AM by Nataku »

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
Re: Greivous Wheelbike
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Hmmm.... Interesting. Very, very interesting...

:P

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Thanks for the pics there.  :)

Not too big on the vehicle and I'll put my money on this one being the biggest shelf-warmer. Hoo-boy, another Grievous figure. He's going to be an inadvertent army builder.

Good to see a glimpse of the Obi Starfighter repaint. I'm looking forward to that one more than Anakin's... that nonconformist with his yellow custom paintjob. What a dick.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 6, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Interesting looking vehicle...although the one thing that makes me the happiest is that it includes a Grievous figure.  Hopefully that means for the first time in the Prequel era*, we'll have a pilot figure who can actually fit in their ship without any contortionist tricks.

Also looks as though the Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter will be coming sooner rather than later, from the photos on the back of the box.  I'm kind of curious whether or not it will come with interchangable droids for the socket, since it appears R4 from the last movie is in the ship during the opening battle, but R4-whatever that is in the Sneak Preview assortment goes with him to Utapau.

*For the purposes of my post, I am ignoring the AOTC Slave I and Pilot Jango, which weakens my theory, and I'm all about the confirmation bias over here.  ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: February 6, 2005, 04:40 PM »
I kind of like this, but it seems like Grievous couldn't make up his mind.  Do I want to roll?  Crawl?  I guess we'll find out how it works in the movie.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 6, 2005, 04:49 PM »
I kind of like this, but it seems like Grievous couldn't make up his mind.  Do I want to roll?  Crawl?  I guess we'll find out how it works in the movie.

lol That was my first thought too. :)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 6, 2005, 06:16 PM »
Interesting looking vehicle...although the one thing that makes me the happiest is that it includes a Grievous figure.  Hopefully that means for the first time in the Prequel era*, we'll have a pilot figure who can actually fit in their ship without any contortionist tricks.

I too am very happy to see that there will be a Grevious figure packed in with this vehicle. I still think there should have been an Anakin and Obi-Wan packed in with each of the their fighters just to ensure that the figure interfaces with the vehicle well.

Ever since I first saw the design for this ride, I've been curious to see how it moves, the toy itself doesn't really imply roll or crawl, my guess is that it can do both, sort of like a Droideka - rolls quickly into position and then deploys the legs for stability when engaged in combat.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 7, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Ever since I first saw the design for this ride, I've been curious to see how it moves, the toy itself doesn't really imply roll or crawl, my guess is that it can do both, sort of like a Droideka - rolls quickly into position and then deploys the legs for stability when engaged in combat.

I'm thinking the same thing... wheel is for quick movement/get-away, legs deploy for battle.  Those claws look like they were designed more for battle than movements.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 7, 2005, 03:55 PM »
Does anyone here still collect GI Joe toys from the 80's??  There was a small grey vehicle that was circular which enclosed the figure and it had a round wheel of spikes surrounding the vehicle similar to the look of this vehicle minus the legs of course.  Think it was Cobra Commanders maybe... 

Anyone?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 7, 2005, 04:00 PM »
The Buzz Boar

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: February 8, 2005, 02:52 AM »
That was EXACTLY what I was thinking. That GI Joe vehicle.

MOTU had one like that too, only it was this way:
MOTU Roton
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 8, 2005, 03:48 AM »
The Buzz Boar was what I was thinking too.

It's an odd vehicle...  Not the most practical design really, but whatever.  The AT-RT's not exactl screaming "military excellence" itself, what with the big open seat  you could snipe the driver off of. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: February 8, 2005, 05:58 AM »
That's exactly what I was thinking!  Not only would it be slow and cumbersome, you're wearing a sign that says 'open season!"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: February 8, 2005, 06:09 AM »
the AT-RT I can explain away enough to satisfy my own gripe on it...  It is a small personal support one I think.  The AT-PT looks, in my view, to be the real "evolution" of that walker.  The enclosed cockpit, and a forward gun able to put a field of fire down...  Not gonna put an AT-ST down ever (not alone anyway) but it's an improvement. 

The RT's got the height advantage (good in brush), and would be an asset, just not anything superior to all it's gonna encounter on a field, even if only encountering infantry.  It's a walking E-Web basically...  Good to get a "machine gun" up for support, and even over a wall perhaps (ideal) but not for marching right in on anything.

The wheelbike...  It looks like fun anyway.

What was that wheel-bike thing from Southpark?  Dale, do you have a picture we can even show here of that one?  :)  I wonder if Greivous makes it go the same way?  hahaha
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 8, 2005, 07:33 AM »
What was that wheel-bike thing from Southpark?  Dale, do you have a picture we can even show here of that one?  :)  I wonder if Greivous makes it go the same way?  hahaha

;D You're talking about that vehicle that Mr. Garrison invents. The episode was called "The Entity" and the vehicle was referred to as simply "IT"

LOL! I dunno if this is going to be okay to post here, but here it goes (and here I go getting myself in trouble again)...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!