Author Topic: Iron Maiden Fans Unite!  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Maiden Concert August 9- Anyone going?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2003, 01:02 PM »
Really? I liked em. I have since I was s lil girl and they used to play their videos on MTV, back when MTV played videos.

Hey I got to see them open up for Poison back in '01 over at San Antonio. IT was a pretty good concert, The Glam Slam Metal Jam. Poison was headlining. Let see if I can remember the lineup.

Bullet Boys, they sucked.
Enuff ZNuff, they didn't play their one hit.
Quiet Riot
Vince Neil, he played all of the aweome Crue songs.
Warrant, and they kicked so much butt, with thier song Cherry Pie
Poison, I don't care about what people say about glam rock, these guys put on one hell of a show. Worth every penny I spent. If you get a chance to go definately check em out.

Oh and Quiet Riot had an autograph session and I got all of their signiatures. They seem pretty cool and freindly to their fans.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Iron Maiden Fans I Need Your Help
« Reply #16 on: February 8, 2005, 07:57 PM »
I am in the middle updating all my Maiden from Cassette to CD and I am in desperate need of a few B-Sides that I cannot track down.  If anyone collects please drop me an email and I can fill you in with what I am missing. I have over 40 B-Sides as well as Rare Live, Demos, Alt Versions that I can trade for.  Looking for CD quality.  Will take in mp3 format if ya have em.  Thanks in advance!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Maiden Fans I Need Your Help
« Reply #17 on: February 9, 2005, 03:19 PM »
Being an Iron Maiden fan, I'll respond, but can offer no assistance.  This has proven to be one of the really great frustrations I've had with the transition from old music formats (vinyl/cassette) to new formats (primarily CD).  There is just so much music that you cannot find on disc these days and it is very annoying. 

It's great to find a greatest hits package out there, but I have yet to find one that actually contains all the songs I want to hear.  So many gems from albums (i.e. vinyl) are lost in this transition.  Not sure how many remember Y & T or UFO, but good luck finding even a greatest hits disc from either of those bands, let alone any of the original music.  Then what about more obscure bands from the 60's and 70's?  Budgie?  Think their album is going to make it to disc?  I don't :'(

Pre-cd, I had at least 180 tapes.  These were 90 minute tapes, so an album on each side for 360 albums.  I have nearly half remaining that I have not been able to replace with discs.  Grrrr.  My wife is pestering me to get rid of them - in many respects they're worthless - I don't even have a cassette player in the house or the car.  I do still have a walkman that plays cassettes though. 

Anyway, long rant.  Good luck finding that stuff.  Past experience tells me you'll end up fairly disappointed.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Maiden Fans I Need Your Help
« Reply #18 on: February 9, 2005, 06:22 PM »
LMK if you need any Maiden stuff.  I have been real fortunate and locating 95%+ of the B-Sides and other odd ball stuff that was originally available on cassette and LP in CD quality form.  I have a master list of everything.  LMK if ya want me to shoot you the list.  The stuff basically breaks down to 7-8 full CD's.

I am all too familiar with the bands you mentioned.  Believe it or not, alot of that stuff is available.  Like you said, tracking it down is the hard part.  I find almost all the common stuff from the 70's and 80's which is not available in this country anymore on CD via Europe. 

Check out www.towerrecords.com for a selection of UFO.  If you are looking for a specific LP on CD shoot me an email.  I have a few overseas sources. 

« Last Edit: February 9, 2005, 06:31 PM by rebeltrader »