Author Topic: A fond farewell, to our dear friend OCB...  (Read 8454 times)

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: A fond farewell, to our dear friend OCB...
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2005, 11:43 PM »
No More Old Cocky?

He's one of the first members I saw post in the RS Forums when I first joined and the one who made me sign the ICMG Petition.

I'll never forget the memories, even if I wasn't lucky enough to have some outside of cyber-space.

Goodbye old friend...Here's to Old Cocky Bastard.

Offline sfg

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2005, 01:30 AM »
Who the **** is OCB?

???

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 01:45 AM »
Wow, I'm shocked.  Even as a relative newbie to the site, it was pretty obvious that Scott was one of the good guys - knowledgeable and here to enjoy the hobby.  As a father to my own beautiful child, I can totally understand his decision, but still selfishly disappointed in how it will affect all of us.   :-[

Good luck in everything you do Scott, and MTFBWY.   :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2005, 01:53 AM »
Who the **** is OCB?

???

What, did you miss the first post?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2005, 02:23 AM »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2005, 06:40 AM »
Scott, I'm sad to hear your departing from the hobby, but best of luck. You amoung others, were always decent to me. Best wishes to you and your family.

:'(

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2005, 07:50 AM »
Sad to see you go, Scott.  You are truly one of the good guys out there.

Best wishes to you, Jenni, Max and Eric.

Thanks for the memories

Mikey
Common sense isn't so common

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2005, 08:55 AM »
Good luck in the future Scott!!  You will be missed by many.  Hope my day comes soon that I have a revelation that can pull me away from this hobby.  Though,  I wouldn't want mine to come the way you got yours.  ;)

Hope you and your boys are doing well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2005, 09:10 AM »
Wow, sad news to me, but I do wish you and your family all the best Scott.  Always one of the pillars of the online community, and one heck of a guy.  Like others have said, it takes a big person to step back from things and reprioritize and I think many if not all of us understand.  Scott was the one who first informed me of this great community over at JediDefender, and I've never felt more at home with a group of people online.  I think that atmosphere is due much in part to Scott who really was part of the identity of JD.  Although I've never met you in person, and don't know you nearly as well as others here, I do consider you a friend and I really hope that everything is wonderful (and continues to be) with you, the Mrs., the boys, and the entire family.  You will definitely be missed around here, and I really hope that you pop in from time to time to chat with all of us here.  Take care buddy, and God bless you and your family now and always.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2005, 10:54 AM »
LIke everyone else hear has said best wishes for you Scott for you and your family in the future.  You were one of those people who stood out in the SW online community since I signed up to verious sites (CSW, JD, GH, and RS).  We will miss you here at JD.
 :'(

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2005, 10:58 AM »
I think it's safe to say, Scott will still be around... just not in an official Uber-Mod sort of way and probably not as often as he is now.

Besides, we know he's going to for sure keep him posting in the MN Reports section - after all if he sees something and doesn't buy it, it's his duty to let us know so we can buy it and save him the tempation of buying it later.   ;)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2005, 11:17 AM »
First off, many thanks to all of you!

Like Jeff says, I'll still be around.  I need to make sure I'm around to kick some ass in the JD Fantasy Leagues!   :)

Things are just shifting big time in my life right now and its time I make some much needed and long thought of changes.  Spending hundreds of dollars a month on pieces of plastic being the first and foremost change.  I'm not totally giving up collecting, I'm very pumped for April and May of this year.   :) 

Lots of stuff happening as well for the good for me and the family as well, it just took the big shock last week to tip the scales on what my future holds.  Expect to see me late nights when everyone's asleep  ;)

Also, I'll be selling a bunch of stuff in the coming weeks/months.  I know there is some stuff I have picked out already for members around here, expect some PM's in the weeks ahead as I get to that stack of stuff and before it heads to auction.  And that goes vice versa, if you know I have something you want, let me know.  As its stands, I'll be unloading pretty much everything except one of each 3-3/4", my Kubricks and my loose vintage set. 

And I really appreciate all of the nice stuff you guys are saying, I'm extremely proud of our community that all of us together have built.  Unlike other sites, I have always, always taken the position that I'm just the same as everyone else, I just could ban people. 
So, fret not, I'll still be here, just not in an official capacity :) 

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Sad to see you go, OCB.  Keep the ICMG fire burning!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I am sorry to see Scott leave.  As mentioned before we probably would never had heard of ICMG and his contributions to the Star Wars mythos.  The blue/brown Han Hoth debate would not have been as inspiring without Scott's contributions. 

I love Star Wars collecting but things change in your life and for many of us it will have to take a back seat to other things in the years to come.  It's worth it though. 

Anyway, hope Scott won't totally go away. 

Offline Infamy Of Crete

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Mellars
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Sorry to hear that Scott. I wish you and your family well and hope to continue to chat with you from time to time.