Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61337 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2004, 03:55 PM »
That's not good news about the Clonetrooper...I fear they may have tinkered with the original mold to make it SA and AF. The clone sadly looks pretty crappy to me, so here's hoping for a real SA Clone farther into the line.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2004, 05:20 PM »
Definitely better than Saga Clones, definitely more poseable, definitely neat that his shoulder armor's interchangeable, but...

Fugly shoulder joints, and Fugly hip/leg joints...  Both due to the action feature, clearly.  That sucks.

I too hope for a vanilla SA Clone later...  Hell, make it with a water-activated shoulder emblem ala the blast mark on the Commtech Stormtrooper.  I always liked that little idea myself.

Anyway, this isn't the best figure, and I was sort of expecting the Clone to be one of the disappointments of the entire ROTS line by his earliest photos...  I'm not overly shocked.  I just hope Hasbro has sense enough to make a non-action feature one that is SA and not bulky at the hips and shoulders like this one is.

They seem to be wisening up on a lot of things, so I just hope that's one of them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2004, 09:28 PM »
Well I'm frankly a little surprised at the iffy quality of the Clone. I would have expected SA to trump AF for this one. I won't be army building with this guy, that's for sure. Those are some big ol' shoulders there and a rather wide, erm, groin.

But, I'm really not worried since we'll no doubt be getting a proper SA one in due time. I'm sure they realize by now how much collectors will beat them down if they hose up the line again with action features.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2004, 10:29 AM »
Yeah, it was definitely not in our best interests to have the Clone in Collection 1.  They must have figured they could sell a lot of them in the action feature collection, then make a proper SA version later for Collection 2 - they therefore sell a lot more.

Makes good business sense, but why not just release a SA version in Collection 2, and keep rehashing it??

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2004, 12:41 PM »
The C1 Clone, I dunno...  Unless they're really pushing Clones towards kids, which is possible, then I just don't know why it wasn't a C2 figure with no feature... 

The C1 Clone's gonna not be as hot I'm thinking...  Like Jared's saying that he already isn't "in" on this one...  I'm maybe gonna get a couple, but I too will hold out for a basic SA one over this one's bulky shoulders and odd hips/lower torso.

It's better than the red clone in Saga though.  That figure sucked...  And I still say pre-posed anything bites.  Poseable with funky limbs bites too though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2004, 02:19 PM »
I don't think we'll know for sure until we actually have a couple of them opened.  I still think it is better than anything we saw in the SAGA line.  Just the CW SA version was better.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2004, 03:04 AM »
Man, dem some freakish shoulder joints on the Clone.

I'm not sure how the big H could hit two home runs with the CW and VOTC troopers, but strike out with this one. Guess it happens.

It's not like this will be the only Clone in the ROTS line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2004, 05:16 PM »
It could have better, but I'll live with it.   :)

IMO, they should have had two versions of the Clone out right off the bat -

Collection 1 - action feature version

Collection 2 - super articulated version

Then, there would be twice as many Clone Troopers out for all of us.  Those that hate the action feature one could just get the super articulated one, and the rest of us could get both.   :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2004, 11:29 AM »
Yep, I totally agree with that.  Then of course nobody would buy the non-articulated version.  So Hasbro, opts for the crappier version instead.  :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2004, 08:24 PM »
I'm hoping to see some sort of Deluxe Army Builder 3-pks like we saw in the Clone Wars line...

It would be so nice to get some of these.   What are some ideas you all have?  How about -

- Clonetrooper 3-pk
- Wookiee 3-pk
- Battle Droid 3-pk
- Nemoidian Soldier 3-pk

Others?

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2004, 06:46 AM »
No doubt that there would be a droid 3 pack...the new battle droid looks as if it has seen the light of day before...I think also that a wookie 3 pack is reasonable as also a clonetrooper 3 pack...that would for the most part just involve switching heads...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2004, 12:11 PM »
You're right, a helmet switch would be a piece of cake for Hasbro.  I would however like to not see the lying down Clonetrooper again, I thought that one was a bit silly.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2004, 03:05 PM »
Galactic Hunter has some links up to some auctions currently running on ebay for a few ROTS Collection 2 figures.  The auction listings provide some (small) front carded pictures of Dooku, the Royal Guard, and Kit Fisto.  By the looks of the auction, these are "in hand" in California.  By the way, you can purchase the Royal Guard with "Buy It Now" for $100 ::).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2004, 03:06 PM by mosnab »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2004, 03:25 PM »
Yeah, I will get right on that one and shell out $100 for the Royal Guard.  He will surely surpass that on the secondary market someday.  I'll predict around the year 6005 on the 4000th anniversary of ROTS. 

SilverZ

« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2004, 05:10 PM »
I'll predict around the year 6005 on the 4000th anniversary of ROTS. 

That, I believe, is the target date for the soft goods Emperor. Can't wait!

After looking at those shots, I think the quality difference is pretty clear between C1 and C2, but I'm really worried that these superior figures are going to get lost in a glut of action feature Anakins. I'm dying to get my hands on that Kit Fisto. Looks excellent.