Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61340 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #195 on: February 9, 2005, 10:34 PM »
hole...  a hole!

I think the rage was more circled around it detracting from sculpt...  And it's not really rage I guess, but I think that's the reason for the displeasure.  It's "eh" if it's not pluggable.  :(  Kind of a bummer on an otherwise great figure.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #196 on: February 10, 2005, 12:35 AM »
Holy crow, these figures are awesome.

I hope Obi-Wan gets a great figure in Collection II. The two I've seen so far suck, IMO, but that's just judging from pictures.

I hope those Clones are easy to get ahold of. I'll want a few or more of those, I'm sure.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #197 on: February 10, 2005, 06:14 AM »
Since the figure on the card has no hole, I think that this must have been some sort of production process scar.  These look like very early hand painted prototypes.  Who knows.  I can do without  it.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #198 on: February 10, 2005, 06:19 AM »
I think it's funny as hell that in E2 nobody gave two ***** about finding a Clone really...  Red Clones were a dime a dozen, and lingered at KB on clearance forever (Still available some places), but the E3 Clones are so possibly going to be incredibly rare that there's worry about finding them.

I honestly ponder how hard finding the Clone will be too...  especially as someone who already wants a ton of that AT-TE Gunner.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 10, 2005, 06:20 AM »
Sweet deal on these Clones...the more I see of them, the more I want them.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 10, 2005, 08:37 AM »
These pics are all just amazing, and from what we can see on that larger cardback pic, there is more greatness to come as well.  I'm really excited about the ROTS line now, and can already foresee that I will be spending lots this summer :).  I think I'm most psyched about all those different Clonetroopers.  Each one of them has looked great on its own, and I want several of all of them.  I've never built huge armies before (10 or less), but I'm getting awfully tempted to do it for ROTS, this last big movie "hurrah".

The Jedi figures look awfully nice too, as mentioned earlier, such improvements over the EP2/Saga stuff that we got.  Sometimes I regret how much I spent on that movie line, because many of this figures simply pale in comparison to what it looks like we're getting this year.  Oh well, I'm just glad Hasbro looks like it is making so many of these figures great, and it could be a heck of a year for collecting.  I do hope/wish we see some of the other "main" characters (Obi/Ani/Chewie/Yoda/Mace, etc) in the Collection 2 as well, because the figures we have seen come from Col2 have all looked amazing.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2005, 09:50 AM »
I think it's funny as hell that in E2 nobody gave two ***** about finding a Clone really...  Red Clones were a dime a dozen, and lingered at KB on clearance forever (Still available some places), but the E3 Clones are so possibly going to be incredibly rare that there's worry about finding them.

I honestly ponder how hard finding the Clone will be too...  especially as someone who already wants a ton of that AT-TE Gunner.

To be honest that red clone sucked from the Saga line.  I bought one and opened it.  It was only decent in one position I felt.  The legs or something about it was bad. 

Anyway, yes the new clones look great IMO.  Except for that first clone we saw with the birthing hips.  I don't care much for that one. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2005, 09:56 AM »
There is a new shot of "Polis Massan" over at www.ozfigures.com if you'd like to check it out...

Strange looking alien design and a VERY interesting figure choice.  HUGE spoilers for this little guy, especially if you find out where the character is in the film...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2005, 10:24 AM »
Is there a list anywhere of which figures are going to be coming out initially, and which ones will be coming out over the rest of the year? I really want these collection 2 figures!!!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2005, 10:27 AM »
http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=5935.0

Jeff has a pretty good list going in this thread

I would guess there could be a chance the Late April 8 (Tarfull and the Jedi etc) might make an appearance in early April at the launch

Looks like May and June though for the latest shown figs though

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2005, 10:32 AM »
Hmm, seemed to miss the excitement yesterday.  Curse work for getting in the way of my surfing. 

Lots of nifty clones, I foresee the $$ flowing easily this summer.  Will be able to hold off on non-clone figures, I think.  Droids too, I share Jared's general dislike for them as they are (though Vader's medical droid is an interesting precursor to an FX-7 type of droid, from the description anyway).  But I can seem myself buying up pretty much one of every clone and more if I find them. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2005, 12:16 PM »
Hell, I have to get at least 1-2 of every figure, and many army-builders right off the bat.

Kinda shocked at the face on Polis though - almost like a Podracer facial design... would of like something a little more realistic.

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2005, 01:59 PM »
More ROTS Hi-Res pics available over at Galactic Hunter.  This time we have Padme, Grievous' Bodyguard, Polis Massan, and Vader's Medical (Chopper) Droid.  Check it out at the linky.  I'm really enjoying all these nice big, clear pics :).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Ooh, there's a four pack I can wait for on clearance.  Maybe pick up the bodyguard at regular retail, but otherwise I see no urgency. 

Pregnant Padme I foresee as being the peg warmer that the Tusken Mama was last time around.  Polis and the Chopper droid ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2005, 03:40 PM »
Oh heck, I like all of the figures -

Droid - very cool, reminds me of the OT designs, will get 1-2 of them right away

Bodyguard - awesome, count me in for 4 of them

Padme - can't pass up this one, will get two of them

Polis - I'm thinking he has some sort of surgical mask on?  Count me in for a few as there are more than one of his species in the movie

:P