Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61441 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #255 on: February 15, 2005, 02:01 PM »
Damn those figures look hot!

Its a shame that the greivous figure is marred by an action feature though. How ******* sweet would it be to have a 4-armed SA general greivous figure? The poses you could put him in would be awesome!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 17, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Clone Commander pic over at snowtroopers

Pic is about halfway down.  I'm sure you can read so I'll let the thread tell the story.  Looks neat.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2005, 11:50 AM »
Thanks for the link Brent.  That definitely looks cool, I really like the look of the Clone Commander...wonder if the visor is moveable/removable?  That certainly is one heck of a story, and sounds true enough...heck, he has the proof.  I wonder how many e-mails Hasbro will get due to this now :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Oh, and I'm sure many have seen it by now (I couldn't get into JD earlier this morning for some reason), but Rebelscum has a little preview up of Grievous' Bodyguard.  Looks like a pretty nice figure as well.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2005, 11:54 AM »
Yes, this is one figure I want badly.  Looks like it has quite a few accessories. 

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 17, 2005, 12:05 PM »
What are the chances that I emailed hasbro, not 5 minutes ago?

My rocket on my jango fett pack broke, and my han solo quick draw feature deal is broken.

Go figure.

Neat deal for that guy.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 17, 2005, 12:09 PM »
I was just checking Jeff's list for the figure release dates and the clone commander is slated for May release.  Hmmm, maybe we'll get a big, ole pile of figures right at the outset?  I wonder.  I really don't want to wait for all the clones, because I expect everyone will over-order collection 1  ::) and we'll be left with a bunch of fat Padme's on the pegs. 

I have to say, the clone assortments look simply awesome (and $$$).

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2005, 12:29 PM »
I was just checking Jeff's list for the figure release dates and the clone commander is slated for May release.  Hmmm, maybe we'll get a big, ole pile of figures right at the outset?  I wonder.  I really don't want to wait for all the clones, because I expect everyone will over-order collection 1  ::) and we'll be left with a bunch of fat Padme's on the pegs. 

I <3 Pregnant Padme.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2005, 01:22 PM »

First off - the Clone Commander figure looks AMAZING. I'm definitely liking all of the different clones that are being made for this film!

As far as whether or not we'll see his wave on April 2nd - while I would welcome it, I'm not going to expect it. Waves 1 & 2 from each collection is more than sufficient for the onslaught. Will it make the waves that immediately follow those harder to find? Possibly, but I don't seem to recall the follow-on waves of AOTC figures being hard to find at retail either.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2005, 01:45 PM »
Yeah, I see what you're saying Pete.  I don't mean to imply that Hasbro will reduce production at all.  It's more of a reference to how Canadian retail seems to work (i'm in Canuckada, just so you know) and that we get the short end of the stick fairly quickly.  I'm hoping to at least be able to find all the clones we've seen thus far locally, but you just never know up here.  For AOTC/Saga we didn't see the Emperor or Djas Puhr until December and then only a handful ever showed up.  Cynical, that's me. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 17, 2005, 01:50 PM »
Yeah, I see what you're saying Pete.  I don't mean to imply that Hasbro will reduce production at all.  It's more of a reference to how Canadian retail seems to work (i'm in Canuckada, just so you know) and that we get the short end of the stick fairly quickly.  I'm hoping to at least be able to find all the clones we've seen thus far locally, but you just never know up here.  For AOTC/Saga we didn't see the Emperor or Djas Puhr until December and then only a handful ever showed up.  Cynical, that's me. 

Yeah - I can understand, I know that you guys in Canada are often left out in the cold when it comes to new releases.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2005, 02:54 PM »
Rebelscum has another preview feature up, this time featuring the big ole wookiee, Tarfful.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #267 on: February 17, 2005, 02:58 PM »
A dreadlocked Wookiee? Now I've seen everything!  ;)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 17, 2005, 03:04 PM »
So, ok.  I'm going to voice a complaint here (go figure, a star wars collector whining) - is Chewbacca like the runt of his family, or what?  Just young and small, lack of testosterone, piss poor genetics?  Why is he such a midget? 

My point being why is scale suddenly irrelevant?  All along Chewbacca has approximated his appearance in the movies relative to other characters, all of whom were to be in scale to Luke, yes?  Now why is everything bigger?  I'm all for big wookies, that's cool, but are we going to now have preggers Padme standing shoulder to shoulder with Chewbacca (everything pre-ROTS anyway)?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 17, 2005, 03:12 PM »
I still have issues with this pic

I still think Yoda is too tall in this pic,  but it seems Hasbro has seriously ****** up the scale of the Wookiees.
Common sense isn't so common