Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61327 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2005, 02:13 PM »
You know, I'm sure it is intentional (lighting/painting and such), but many of the figures shown in the Cargo Bay seem to look much better than the samples we have seen show online.  For example, I think Chewie looks much better here, without the pronounced yellow highlights in his fur:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 02:13 PM by mosnab »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2005, 02:35 PM »
Also, every figure we've seen previewed has April 02 listed as a release date.

Interesting.  But I think we have to take that with a grain of salt because the Cargo Bay is notorious for having release dates out of wack.  I remember looking through the Micromachines section a while ago and they were out to lunch on a few things.

But if they're right, it's going to be a hell of wild start on April 2!

Yeah - they have been off in the past - I remember that the second wave of WalMart Cantina figures (Kitik, Wuhrer, Evazan) were listed on the site for quite awhile after WalMart had decided to cancel releasing those figures.

Three deluxe figures on April 2nd are plenty for me - eight on the other hand - not that I'm not excited to get this much stuff all at once - it would strike me as overkill.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 23, 2005, 08:56 AM »
Galactic Hunter has some more hi-res figure shots up.  You can check out Palpatine (#35) and General Grievous (#36) right HERE, and take a look at some clone-tastic pictures of the Clone Commander, Clone Pilot, and AT-RT with Pilot right HERE.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 23, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Hmmm, guess I can add an AT-RT to my buy on sight list.  The pilot cinched it right there.  Other clones will be in that same category. 

I understand how the evolution of the clone pilot needs to go, but does anyone else think that the clone pilot from the preceding film is actually a more functional unit in terms of practicality?  Full armor versus soft goods?  Seems more like a de-evolution towards WWII stylings. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 23, 2005, 10:31 AM »
Galactic Hunter has some more hi-res figure shots up.  You can check out Palpatine (#35) and General Grievous (#36) right HERE, and take a look at some clone-tastic pictures of the Clone Commander, Clone Pilot, and AT-RT with Pilot right HERE.

So I was looking at the pic of Palpatine (#35) and the loose shot shows the aged head and hands, but the carded shot shows the younger face and hands. Does this figure come with a spare head and hands just like the Dagobah Training Luke did in OTC?

If so, then doesn't this figure make the Deluxe figure kinda mute? I recognize the fact that the deluxe one has electronic lights, but putting that extra aside, don't both figures represent the SAME moment from the movie?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2005, 10:50 AM »
I noticed that too, and was wondering the same thing.  We have that "Man-E-Palps" on the way in the Deluxe line, and I'm wondering if this is the changing heads ala Dagobah Luke as you mentioned.  That would be pretty cool.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #321 on: February 23, 2005, 03:19 PM »
I think the only difference between the Deluxe Palpy and this one is the outfit, and from what I know, it's two different (but related) moments.  How the whole switcheroo thing works, I don't know.  I was hoping they did a basic version of the deluxe outfit, because it's my favorite.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 23, 2005, 03:38 PM »
Looks to me like Emperor Palpatine is the best out of the Collection 1 figures.

:P

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Yeah, I love that collection 1 Palpatine.  That is the first figure I will be searching for come April 2nd.  Followed up by many others of course. 

Hey, anyone else wondering if there will be multiple colors to that Clone Commander?  You know - green, yellow, blue?  It would be kind of cool but maddening at the same time. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2005, 11:42 AM »
You know, I'm sure it is intentional (lighting/painting and such), but many of the figures shown in the Cargo Bay seem to look much better than the samples we have seen show online.  For example, I think Chewie looks much better here, without the pronounced yellow highlights in his fur:

Yeah, he looks great there.  I'll probably try to repaint one to look like that.  Why they would give it a bad paint job is beyond me.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2005, 12:25 PM »
So mfar fromwhat I've seen, the ones I want on day 1 will be:
anakin,obi-wan (non-kick), Greviouis 4 arms, clone troopers - commander and pilots, chewie and tarful, 3p0, grevious bodyguard, yoda with cannon, maybe anakin to vader. I'll pass on the re-done jedi for now, will get some of those later.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2005, 11:03 AM »
I truly think the only things I'll pass on in the 3-3/4" line are the Super Battle Droid and Obi Wan/Super Battle Droid deluxe.   :-\

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 25, 2005, 12:13 PM »
I truly think the only things I'll pass on in the 3-3/4" line are the Super Battle Droid and Obi Wan/Super Battle Droid deluxe.   :-\

Think CHEWIE, you get those and you could make an army of assasin SBD's. Customizing possabilities are endless. I for one will try and get a few as my army ranks are dwindling.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...