Author Topic: ROTS carded figures  (Read 61431 times)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS carded figures
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2004, 05:18 PM »
That packaging reminds me of LEEGS- The Pantyhose in an egg.

No sir, I don't like it.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2004, 05:25 PM »
Looks pretty good so far. Even if the figs do suck, I'll still have the superior versions. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2004, 06:34 PM »
I will wait to see some better pics but these don't look to bad.  I'm not thrilled with the action feature stuff, but hopefully they work out better than the AOTC/Saga versions.  I do like the Emperor.  The cardbacks to me are better than the previous versions for Ep1 and 2 in my opinion.  At least they did something to distinguish ROTS as a movie on it's own.  But I can see why many of you don't like it either! 

So far we know the following are coming out at somepoint: 

Emperor
R2-D2
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin
Anakin (probably Vader case pack-in)
Clonetrooper
Clonetrooper (probably Vader case pack-in)
Super Battle Droid
Tion Meddon
Wookie Warrior
Chewbacca
R4 Droid
General Grievous
GG's Body Guard
Yoda
Mace Windu
Darth Vader
Bail Organa (prototype)
Chancellor Palpatine (prototype)
Count Dooku (prototype)
Yoda on Dragonfly (Deluxe)
Anakin (snapon armor Deluxe)

Some other Deluxe's but can't remember them.  Big lineup so far!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2004, 06:57 PM »
I will wait to see some better pics but these don't look to bad.  I'm not thrilled with the action feature stuff, but hopefully they work out better than the AOTC/Saga versions.  I do like the Emperor.  The cardbacks to me are better than the previous versions for Ep1 and 2 in my opinion.  At least they did something to distinguish ROTS as a movie on it's own.  But I can see why many of you don't like it either! 

So far we know the following are coming out at somepoint: 

Emperor
R2-D2
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Anakin
Anakin (probably Vader case pack-in)
Clonetrooper
Clonetrooper (probably Vader case pack-in)
Super Battle Droid
Tion Meddon
Wookie Warrior
Chewbacca
R4 Droid
General Grievous
GG's Body Guard
Yoda
Mace Windu
Darth Vader
Bail Organa (prototype)
Chancellor Palpatine (prototype)
Count Dooku (prototype)
Yoda on Dragonfly (Deluxe)
Anakin (snapon armor Deluxe)

Some other Deluxe's but can't remember them.  Big lineup so far!

Even though I am an opener, I think these are the best cardbacks (except for OTC and VOTC of course) that they have done in the modern era.  The Freeze Frame ones were kinda neat too.

That is a nice list Darth Broem.  I'm sure we'll see many more, including a couple Padme figures, Battle Droid, Royal Guard, Ki Adi Mundi, and many that we don't even have a clue of yet.

Damn I'm pumped about these figures!!!

:P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2004, 07:32 PM »
Aw man, these get better with every new pic.

April seems so far away.

(Though, I'm sure I'll be bitching about buying these around June...)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2004, 11:22 PM »
Me, too.  I won't go all out with these as I have in the past, but they are very exciting and I can't wait to see a Padme figure.

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2004, 01:05 AM »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2004, 11:26 AM »
Droid Attack???  ::)

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2004, 01:38 AM »
Posted by: jokabofe  Posted on: November 18, 2004, 11:26 AM 
Insert Quote 
Droid Attack???   

I rolled my eyes when I read it as well ::) enough already, I have seen a chewbacca and a wookie preview figure that I am interested in so far, thats about it..

SilverZ

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2004, 02:20 AM »
Judging by the action feature instruction on the back of the cards, they all actually look to be fairly well executed, at least in comparison to the Saga action debacle. The figures all look nice and neutral, despite the feature. I've gone from dreading the action features to merely dealing with them this time. They don't look too bad.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2004, 08:34 AM »
Galactic Hunter has some nice pics up of a few of the first wave of figures (Obi-Wan, Chewbacca, R2, Mace, and Palpy).  The back carded shot is a little closer up, maybe not enough to see the other figures really well, but enough to read all of the text and action feature descriptions.  Also, they have front carded pics of Chewie, and clearer ones of the others that we haven't seen before.  I don't know if it just the fact that I'm getting psyched for a new movie/new line, but I'm kind of excited about these.  I'm not crazy about the action features, and really won't like it if it leads to a lot of crazy loose arm figures, but so far at least there aren't any buttons or crazy action poses.  How is everyone feeling about the action feature issue, with what we have seen so far?  Are you skipping these figures because of them, or do you think they are passable?  I'm sure we'll get different versions of many of these characters, but probably later on.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Judging by the action feature instruction on the back of the cards, they all actually look to be fairly well executed, at least in comparison to the Saga action debacle. The figures all look nice and neutral, despite the feature. I've gone from dreading the action features to merely dealing with them this time. They don't look too bad.

Yeah, I'm sure the action features will be great...until you try to make your figures sit down.

I ******* HATE action features!!! These figures look great, and I know I'm going to be disappointed when I actually have them in my hand. I'm still thinking back to what a letdown Anakin Tattoine attack was.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2004, 11:27 AM »
Well, if these action features don't lead to loose joints and don't hinder the appearance, I say more power to  Hasbro for finally getting it right - making us and the kids happy.  Of course I'd rather just get SA figures....

Hopefully the Clonetrooper won't have an action feature - from what I can tell on the cardback it looks like a great figure.

Nice to see Greivious with 4 lightsabers.... wow

Also, is it just me, or does Chewbacca on th carded pic look a little like Harry from the Hendersons?  And a bit too much yellow paint on his "beard" I think.  Maybe it's just me though.

Anyways, I'm more psyched about these than any other time compared to the EPI and EP2 releases!!

:P

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2004, 08:27 AM »
BehindtheToys is back again with some more scans.  They have a very close up scan of Chewbacca carded (front and back) and tried to blow up scans of some of the individual figures on the back (Obi-Wan, Anakin, Grievous' Bodyguard, Vader).  You can check them out at the linky above.  Galactic Hunter also has a scan up of the Vader figure, apparently from Vader's own cardback.  Looks like he has "LIGHTSABER ATTACK!" action.  Nice to see some closer, little bit clearer pics...but it would still be nice to see some real hi-res shots, or front carded pics of Vader, Grievous, etc.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2004, 12:32 PM »
I am so happy to see that the Clone Trooper seems to be the SA Clone Trooper with new helmet. :D  I can't get enough of these guys, and it's about freak'in time Hasbro reissued this awesome figure.  Hopefully, he will be a little easier to find than the CW figure was.

Curious, that the Clone Trooper shown on the back of the card seems to have the "AOTC style" longer DC-15 blaster rifle.  If memory serves me right at 2004 SDCC they had a life sized ROTS Clone Trooper statue. He had what appeared to be a medium sized blaster/rifle hybrid of the DC-15 and Imperial blaster.  I kinda though at the time it was cool that they were further bridging the gap between Stormies/Clone Troopers with the helmet/rifle hybrids.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."