Author Topic: 2005 Toy Fair!  (Read 24284 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
2005 Toy Fair!
« on: January 17, 2005, 10:28 PM »
So, since Toy Fare is less than a month away...and given that Hasbros showing will most likely be Revenge-centric I thought it'd be appropriate to start a thread.

Anyway, who are ya'll sending off to this one?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 08:56 PM by JediMAC »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: American International Toy Fare: February the 20th-23rd, 2005
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 10:56 PM »
By now at Rebelscum, this thread would've had about 2 pages worth of replies of people just lecturing you on it being spelled "Toy Fair" and not "Toy Fare".  :)

And how one's a magazine, and one is an event.  Then someone would lock the thread and start one called "The Official International Toy Fair Thread, Part 2".  :P

Hopefully things will work out so stay tuned...

I'm always excited to see the various coverage of the event.  I also dig seeing the most "voice" from some smaller companies that I follow who usually keep pretty tight-lipped.  Since BBI and 21st are being especially bitter against each other lately, less and less comes from them just to keep up with the fans then, so that's disappointing.

Toy Fair and Comic-Con are about all ya got going for you then. :)

Anyway, should be some good stuff...  Lots of "official word" more than anything is what I'm looking forward to the most.  Maybe more excuses for things people werne't happy with *Cough*clones*cough*.

We'll see...  And j/k about the spelling thing...  Just making a funny observation about the obvious from "elsewhere".  ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: American International Toy Fair: February the 20th-23rd, 2005
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 07:05 PM »
But, to answer your question Andrew, I will be going on behalf of Jedidefender.com. Or at least I hope I am. I'm just waiting for confirmation that my application was accepted.

I've got 2 digital cameras and several gigs worth of memory, so I'm ready, willing and able.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: American International Toy Fair: February the 20th-23rd, 2005
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 08:01 PM »
There ya have it from the horse's mouth. :)  Dave's our man in the field...  Since I'm next closest I would dig going a year, but right now it's iffy with my schedule around Feb. every year.  :(  Hopefully sometime though I'll get there to help Dave out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Toy Fair 2005
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 10:00 AM »
Well gang, Toy Fair 2005 is just around the corner...

Hasbro has plans to be there and they should have a good amount of new Episode 3 product to show off (although we've seen a fair bit already).  By this time next weekend, the details may already be rolling in!   :)

Anyone hoping to see anything in particular from Episode 3 at Toy Fair?

Anyone Have any comments to pass along to Hasbro?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Fair 2005 - Feb 19th-23rd
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 11:15 AM »
Not that it's a huge deal or a concern of mine.  But maybe ask them why they won't make a bendeable knees C-3PO. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Tell them we need a Death Star, Sail Barge, AT-TE, and Turbo Tank.  Then the world will be at peace with these weapons of mass destruction.   :)

:P

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 08:33 PM »
I'm usually excited about Toy Fair, but we really have seen so much that I can't imagine anything new there.  Maybe they will show the large X-Mas toys (Turbo Tank) and later figures, but we've been spoilt this year!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 02:18 PM »
Spoil me, Hasbro, spoil me rotten8)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 02:28 PM »
I agree - we deserve to be spoiled rotten.  This is 99.9% surely the last Star Wars movie - go out with a bang.

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 09:44 PM »
I'm usually excited about Toy Fair, but we really have seen so much that I can't imagine anything new there.  Maybe they will show the large X-Mas toys (Turbo Tank) and later figures, but we've been spoilt this year!

I'm hoping to see a glimpse of the Christmas products as well, but I'm right with you in thinking we're going to see nothing more than what has already leaked for the April line launch. The only thing that comes to mind that we know nothing about still is the Mustafar playset. I have my fingers crossed that it turns out well.

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2005, 04:31 PM »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 05:17 PM »
The hoping for two things:

1) A good look at the ARC-170 and the Mustafar playset. I hope both are done well but both could end up *bleh* - for the ARC-170 if it's been scaled down so much that it only accomodates ONE pilot, I will be VERY disappointed. With the playset, if they make it so it can be added to later like the Droid Factory section of the Arena playset, then I'll be okay with it, but if it's flimsy and gimmicky like the Theed Hangar playset then I'll be disappointed.

2) At least ONE item we hadn't heard solid confirmation of yet: Whether that be the AT-TE or the Turbo Tank, I don't really care which of the two really - I'm just really hoping that Hasbro will deliver on one of these larger vehicles.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2005, 05:45 PM »
could end up *bleh* - for the ARC-170 if it's been scaled down so much that it only accomodates ONE pilot, I will be VERY disappointed.

I agree.

8)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2005, 05:46 PM »
The hoping for two things:

if it's flimsy and gimmicky like the Theed Hangar playset then I'll be disappointed.

Same here.