Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2005  (Read 87575 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2005
« Reply #720 on: October 19, 2005, 08:20 PM »
For the sake of completeness:

1st
Dressel's Rebels

2nd
Minnesota Muskies (lost by 396 points)

3rd
Canuckleheads
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #721 on: October 19, 2005, 09:06 PM »
For the sake of completeness:
2nd
Minnesota Muskies (lost by 396 points)

2 Time Defending 2nd Place Finishes!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 20, 2005, 10:26 AM »
Is there a way to make it so that no more (SP,RP) guys are able to be plugged into SP spots?

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 20, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Is there a way to make it so that no more (SP,RP) guys are able to be plugged into SP spots?

You can just alot, like, 7 pitchers slots to the roster, and then people can draft as many starters or relievers as they like, and determine their own split in pursuit of the "Win" and "Saves" categories.

Instead of:

SP
SP
SP
SP
SP
RP
RP 

You can just have:

P
P
P
P
P
P
P

And then people can determine their own needs and decided how many SPs or RPs they want based on their strengths and weaknesses in the standings at any given time.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 20, 2005, 10:46 AM »
Cool.  I think the combined with making a win worth twice as much (or more) as a save would fix any of the SP and RP scoring issues.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 20, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Cool.  I think the combined with making a win worth twice as much (or more) as a save would fix any of the SP and RP scoring issues.

I think this is a good idea.  I've been tinkering with the stats a bit.  Dressel won the league no matter what, but if you eliminate the saves I end up in second.  Now that's not entirely fair because at first glance if you leave the straight RP guys that Scott had in, he still beats me because his RP (not SP/RP) guys beat me.  I still haven't checked if those guys only did the RP schtick or not. 

Baseball's my weakest sport for stats so I hope it stays up a bit longer.  Statistically I did pretty well in a number of categories but I need to look more at the way the points for the league were set up so I understand better.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 20, 2005, 10:57 AM »

I think this is a good idea.  I've been tinkering with the stats a bit.  Dressel won the league no matter what,

Booyah.

but if you eliminate the saves I end up in second.  Now that's not entirely fair because at first glance if you leave the straight RP guys that Scott had in, he still beats me because his RP (not SP/RP) guys beat me.  I still haven't checked if those guys only did the RP schtick or not. 

That's not a really fair assessment, because you have got to remember that the SP/RP guys Scott and I picked up (fairly and within the confines of league rules I might add) take up a roster spot.  And if we did have a rule in place that limited a SP/RP's success for our team, we'd have picked up someone else.  In my case, I was deciding between Hermanson or Turnbow and Dontrelle Willis at the time, and I thought I only had 1 player I wanted to drop, so I couldn't take them all.  So I decided on a SP/RP, but had I not, and picked up Dontrelle Willis, I would have had almost as many points from that slot anyhow.

Maybe rotisserie format like basketball would be a good thing for baseball.