Author Topic: Left Behind  (Read 1104 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Left Behind
« on: February 13, 2005, 09:34 AM »
Left Behind is a movie (origionaly a Novel) based in modern times, about the events of the Book of Revelation in the Bible. I'm not super religious, by far, but I do know my apocalyptic occourances. So I'm pretty familiar with Revelation. I was set to sit down and watch an epic story about Dragons, Seals, 10 kingdoms being restored, the restoration of the Temple of Solomon, etc. This was not the case. The story though is told in a very real and understandable way.

People just dissapear. Millions upon millions. Chaos everywhere. The worlds food supply is running out, and there is only one way to restore it.  The 'Eden' project is a way to grow food on useless land, making them 'kingdoms.' The true location of the Temple of Solomon has been found. A 7 year peace plan has been created. Everything is falling into place. The truth then comes out, for only those who belive in God.

The true moral, however, lies within the people left behind from God. Without a true belieif, or innocence. In the loss of everyone, those left behind have to whitness the rise of the Anti-Christ, but at that expense, learn the truth of God, and what it means to be one of his children.

I wont say Left Behind changed my life any, but it did put some important things into perspective, like Family, for one.

Has any one else seen this Movie, or read the book?

I have yet to see the sequal yet, about the 7 years.

Kevin

The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: Left Behind
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 10:40 AM »
I think I saw a 'Left Behind' movie - my grandmother or someone bought it on tape at Wal-Mart - it was actually pretty lame, and I couldn't help but sit there and hope that it was just a low budget film and the director did the best with what he had. This could have been some sort of spinoff or something - but it was pretty clearly based loosely on the tribulation.

I haven't read any of the Left Behind books - I doubt I will, either, until I feel I've got a good understanding of the Bible. I'm far from that point, I've read up until Samuel 2 and at this rate I probably won't get into the NT for another year. I've noted that more than a few people, too lazy to read the Bible, have instead taken shortcuts by reading these 'Left Behind' books and watching 'Passion of the Christ' and whatnot. It's really irritating how easily some folks will read a 'based on' book as if its just as canon as the Bible itself.

Edit - I just googled up the 'Left Behind' movie, and I did see the 'official' movie, not some cheap rip off.

:-X
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 10:58 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Left Behind
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 10:34 PM »
My sister really likes these movies and has read the books.  I keep telling her someday I'll watch them because they do seem interesting.  I take that end of the world religious stuff seriously.

:P