Author Topic: Happy Valentine's Day!...  (Read 2629 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Happy Valentine's Day!...
« on: February 14, 2005, 12:41 AM »
...to me!  No seriously, I just got the best gift a guy could ask for.

Space.

That's right.  Today, my wife offered me her sewing room so that I could expand my Star Wars room.   :D  So I spent the entire day ripping out cabinets in another room in the basement so that we can create a joint spare bedroom / sewing room.  I'm bloody tired, but the excitement of the prize at the end of all this work kept me going.   It's likely going to be a couple of weeks or months before we complete this new room so that she can move out and my toys in, but this will certainly be the most motivated I've been for home renovation projects.   :)

Somehow, the charm bracelet I bought for her just doesn't seem like enough now.  I think I'm going to have to sneak out tomorrow morning and get her a little extra something.  Cuz I obviously have the best wifey there is!    8)

So I'm sending out an early HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all my geeks at JD - may your day of hearts be filled with mushy stuff.   :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Happy Valentine's Day!...
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 02:56 AM »
It's Valentine's Day? Aw crap, I forgot to get a girlfriend again.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 03:19 AM »
It's Valentine's Day? My calendar says "Monday". Is there a difference?

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 06:14 AM »
I'm in the same boat as HMI. I waited. Figured she needed time. And then a guy walked in, asked her out, in front of me, and walked out.

Oh well. It's gonna rain, and thats the best gift I could get.

Nice score on the new toy room Jesse.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 12:04 PM »
It's Valentine's Day? My calendar says "Monday". Is there a difference?

If you got a significant other and did not get that person something you will know the difference really quick.  LOL!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 03:21 PM »
The picture kept, will remind me...

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 04:22 PM »
Well... maybe you could always get a job in the lawn care section of Wal Mart. I mean where else can someone get a pile of crap and a spreader all in one?

Heh.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 05:46 PM »
My girlfriend made me a scrapbook full of our photos... it's a very awesome gift, one of the coolest things she's ever done for me - it completely puts me to shame, really, considering all I've gotten her this year is a few small things and a drawing of her bird.  :-[ 

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 11:45 PM »
Yeah, Happy Valentine's Day! 
I don't have any strong guy relationships that are along the "love path", so today was pretty much a roll the eyes at all the mushiness stuff... love... bah humbug!  Plus I got guyswho I though might be cool being complete idiots, so that doesn't help. 
I did remember at around 9 pm that I originally got married on Valentine's Day- and I thought I'd always remember that and it would be a bummer, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I would have been miserably married for 12 years today if I'd have stayed with him... wow... weird...
Anyway, all those who are happy and blah blah blah in love I hope you had a wonderful day and feel on top of the world...  ;D
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 11:53 PM »
Pretty low key at the Casa Pearson tonight, wifey got her second root canal in 6 months.  Whee!  So I drank a beer and she enjoyed her shake from DQ and she went to bed...ah married life with 2 wee ones :P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 01:00 AM »
For once I can say....

Happy Valentine's Day!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Just got home from a night out with the girlfriend.  It was our first Valentine's Day together, and dinner was great.  The restaurant was awesome, and we had a great evening.  So I think maybe I don't hate Valentine's Day after all.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 01:12 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 01:08 AM »
Pretty low key at the Casa Pearson tonight, wifey got her second root canal in 6 months.  Whee!  So I drank a beer and she enjoyed her shake from DQ and she went to bed...ah married life with 2 wee ones :P

Hah, classic.  The honeymoon's over. :P

Good to have quiet time though...  That's probably just as nice.

I celebrated Friday night...  We went to dinner at a restaurant I had to book reservations at about a month in advance.  Great place if you're ever in Pittsburgh (my favorite) called Hoffstot's Cafe Monnaco.

We dined, and I got sticker shock on how much beef rose in price... 

We went into the city then to meet my buddy and his girlfriend for drinks at Station Square's bars.  Hooked up with them at a small place then went to a new club we'd not tried yet down there.  Drank, talked, went home...

I gave my girl a jewelery set with rubies and diamond chips (I'm no jewelery expert so terminology escapes me), flowers, card, a stuffed monkey who I wanted to have a Jedi outfit made for him (heh) to geek it up but that fell through...  Oh, and a box of 30 gal. garbage bags.

Don't ask, it was a joke only she could've gotten or laughed at. :)

We had a good night...  Fun Fun Fun!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 01:25 AM »
I did remember at around 9 pm that I originally got married on Valentine's Day- and I thought I'd always remember that and it would be a bummer, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I would have been miserably married for 12 years today if I'd have stayed with him... wow... weird...

You know, that's interesting... you're the second person I've heard today who's anniversary fell on Valentine's Day. My friend is still (happily?) married, but when he mentioned today as his anniversary, the first thing that went through my mind was how awful and bitter it could be if it didn't work out. Good to hear that it can be overcome.

Today can still bite me, however.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 01:54 AM »
I spent my Valentine's Day playing Sonic the Hedgehog on my newly-acquired Sega Genesis, drinking beer, and watching Schindler's List. Oh yeah, I ordered pizza too.

Let's hear it for the bachelor lifestyle!
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 12:03 PM »
I spent my Valentine's Day playing Sonic the Hedgehog on my newly-acquired Sega Genesis, drinking beer, and watching Schindler's List. Oh yeah, I ordered pizza too.

Schindler's List? Uh, that's an interesting combination.