Author Topic: Hot Dogs  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Dogs
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2003, 12:40 AM »
Mustard and onions... sometimes the good 'ole sport peppers too!

Perfect for me too.  Almost always mustard and onions.  Hot Dog Relish on occasion too.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2003, 10:39 AM »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 3, 2005, 11:51 AM »
How did I miss this thread? Seriously? How?!

Anyway...I take mine in a variety of ways. Chili Cheese, Cheese with Kraut, Onions, ketchup, and mustard, with DILL relish. Anyway, I'm proposing this question:

What brand of dog to you buy? For me, it's Nathans 9/10 but latley I've tried some hotdogs that are 8 bucks a pop from this deli and they are fantasic. I'm thinking I might wind up spending a mint on food someday. :-\

Soo..what is your brand?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 3, 2005, 05:42 PM »
YOU PEOPLE HAVEN'T HAD A HOT DOG!!!!!

There is a place just 30 miles away from here called Coney Island.  It is run by a third generation Greek.  His grandfather opened this hole-in-the-wall cafe close to a century ago here in the middle of Nebraska. 

I would go there everyday when I worked in the downtown of the town it is in.  THIS FOOD IS PURE MANNA!!!!!! THE FOOD OF THE GODS!!!

The coney sauce (DONT CALL IT A CHILI DOG) is a recipe passed down from the generations which the grandfather came up with when he first emigrated to New York years and years ago.   

When you go in you order how many coneys you want, along with homemade, cut-and-fried-right-there shoestring french fries, and a thick shake delivered to your table filled to the brim in the stainless steel mixerflask!!!

And the waitresses don't come back to your table with your bill.. they come over and ask how many more you want.

They come slathered in sauce..steamed hotdogs, drenched in sauce, mustard and onions... PURE FOOD OF THE GODS..did I say that???  I am now drooling just thinking about it.

If you ever find yourself near Grand Island, Nebraska.. stop in... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 3, 2005, 06:14 PM »
I tried Reconsgts recipie, but instead of filling it up with Sweet Baby Rays b-b-q sauce, I only added half a bottle, and dumped 2 coors lights into the crock pot. 2 onions and 1 green pepper. Some salt, pepper, and whabam! Awsome dogs. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 3, 2005, 08:47 PM »
ok this is a Thread...

I go for just a little salt.  The main thing for me is if the bun is good.  Stale buns can ruin your hotdog (and your love life)...

Oh by the way, what are "Red Hots"...I've heard the term but what is the difference between a garden variety hot dog and Red Hot?