Author Topic: What does your JD forum member name mean?  (Read 26489 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: What does your JD forum member name mean?
« Reply #30 on: April 8, 2003, 08:44 PM »
Big hair and a thrash metal lover was I...

Some told me I was a twin of the lead singer for REO Speedwagon.

The first photo is a still from the questionable Patterson/Gimlin footage of Big Foot. The last picture is a license photo.

Thanks all! It's nice to be so well thought of; or thought of at all.

And I can take a ribbing dustro, so thanks.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2003, 02:01 PM »
My is my favorite Star Wars droid, the medical one FX-7!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2003, 10:29 AM »
my name..  ::)

;D

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2003, 10:48 PM »
my name..  ::)

;D

My vegetarian buddy! I remember you from Rebelscum.

My name was invented by me, and should be pretty self explanatory. I use it everywhere on all forums I actively participate in, even non-SW forums.
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2003, 08:40 PM »
My name was actually created by my girlfriend (soon to be fiancee) and is a strange concoction of Star Wars names that melded into this one.  She tries to learn some of the characters names, and was trying to list a few one day several years ago and somehow came up with Snively Bandar as one of them, to which I laughed.  I think she somehow mixed up Sy Snootles, Max Rebo Band, Dash Rendar, Dengar, and I can't remember which others.  We both thought it was such a funny sounding name, that we've used it jokingly ever since!   ;D

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2003, 07:19 PM »
Still a lot of names around here that I'd love to hear more about.  So start explaining folks!   8)

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2003, 08:13 PM »
Mine is simple.Although I collect other stuff I have a sick addiction for collecting anything  biker scout related. ;D

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2003, 08:27 PM »
Mine is evidence of my ungodly love for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  In particular, my hope for Buffy and Spike.  I'm not a 'shipper' but I love the nicknames some of these fan use, so I chose 'Spuffy.'  Although I'm a little down about the show ending (and Spike ending...) Spuffy lives on!!  

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2003, 09:33 PM »
I wanted to be Mara Jade when I joined CSW but it was taken so I went with her ship instead and I used it ever since because it was never taken anywhere else except theforce.net (where I am LadyStar because she's a character I drew back when I was a little girl - think Storm/Catwomen and you know what she looks like as well as her super powers  :) ).

Beth

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 1, 2003, 09:50 PM »
Hmmm....???
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 1, 2003, 10:20 PM »
I was trying to use a Star Wars character name for my username on another site.  After trying over 10 different ones I realized that would never work.  I got lazy and stuck Darth in front of a nickname that people had been calling me at the time.   The letter B is for my first name Brian.  The Roem is the first 4 letters of my very long last name.  I used to have the nickname "Romeo."  So, I thought it would may be better to use Darth Romeo instead.  I thought about it and decided that it may just be a source for trouble instead :) So, Darth Broem was born and Darth Romeo was never meant to be.  

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 2, 2003, 01:19 AM »
I wanted to be Mara Jade when I joined CSW but it was taken so I went with her ship instead and I used it ever since because it was never taken anywhere else except theforce.net (where I am LadyStar because she's a character I drew back when I was a little girl - think Storm/Catwomen and you know what she looks like as well as her super powers  :) ).

That sounds pretty cool for a character.  Send me some pics for my daughter ;)

Morgbug - Morg is taken from Borg, a mentality some of my fellow moderators and I were accused of having at a site I used to moderate at.  Moderator + Borg = Morg.  Bug is in relation to my career of choice (yes, I said choice) - entomologist, ergo, bug.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

obi_robz

« Reply #42 on: June 2, 2003, 10:36 AM »
Mine is simply a combination of my fav SW character (Obi-Wan, obviously) and my own name (Rob). People often call me “Robs” so I use that as the second part of my name, although why I changed the “s” to a “z”, I’m not really sure.

It’s in lower case so I don’t have to use the shift key so much; basically it’s down to laziness. During my time at RS, I found that people usually insert capitals in the appropriate places and don’t use the underscore (“Obi-Robz”). I don’t mind that, but for me, that would be using the shift key twice instead of just once, so I’m sticking with “obi_robz”.

:)

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 2, 2003, 04:41 PM »
My nickname since highschool has been Cosmo.  I didn't want to be Darth Cosmo, but I like the sith characters.  Hence, Sith Lord Cosmo
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #44 on: January 3, 2004, 12:31 AM »
Taminar is a name I made up for my cat, back in 1980.  It was derived from "Tammany" because I had recently watched the first film version of "The Lathe of Heaven" on PBS, and there was a reference to a racehorse named "Tammany Hall" and I liked the Tammany and I was going to name the cat that, except it turned out to be a boy, and I didn't think Tammany sound masculine, so I reworked it. The cat, sadly, is long gone, although I do have a couple of his nephews (aged 16 and 18).  I use the name Taminar for my e-mail and a lot of different forums/member sites.

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff