Author Topic: Toy Fair exclusive Press Kit with figures  (Read 18565 times)

SilverZ

Toy Fair exclusive Press Kit with figures
« on: February 19, 2005, 03:52 PM »
What the hell is this, another god damned Toy Fair Vader?

Arrrgh

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2005, 03:55 PM »
One can only hope not. C'mon, where the Q and As?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Please God, tell me those are not two new Toy Fair exclusive figures (Anakin & Vader) that GH just put up...   :'(

EDIT:  I see Jared's way ahead of me...

Yep, I think that's exactly what they are.  TWO, no less.  This is gonna be REALLY BAD if it's true.  Bad way to start off the ROTS run.  Dumb Hasbro.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 03:57 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 04:00 PM »
I can see on the side of the Anakin package that it says "Press Kit".

We're ******.   >:(

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 04:10 PM »
Just saw that side shot, too. That's a sweet little package and cool idea with the rotating figures. I'm not at all pleased.

Can't wait to do one of the following:

A) Not get it at all because its a Toy Fair press kit.
B) Go through hell and hope to be lucky enough to get it through a fumbled SWS sale.
C) Pay a fortune on ebay.

Yeah, we're ******.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 04:24 PM »
What do you mean by rotating figures Jared?  Aren't they two entirely different packages altogether?  That's what it looks like to me, and I DON'T think that's a fun idea.  Tracking one Press Kit down is gonna be challenging enough.  Two?  Most likely impossible (within financial reason).  Argh!

And I don't think this is gonna be a situation like the Toy Fair Vader figure a few years back, since that was just a carded figure that could be resold by SWS.com.

But these are official Press Kits, so I don't think anyone's gonna be offering these things up anywhere.

Basically, this is gonna wind up being akin to the Holiday Sandtrooper bust that GG gave out recently.  They're "not for the general public", so if you want one, you better expect to pay TOP DOLLAR for the few that pop up on eBay - or learn to live without it.

Bummer.  Big bummer.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 04:32 PM »
I'm not sure, but i get the impression from the thickness of the press kit that both figures are there, one on each side.   ???

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 04:42 PM »
That was actually one of my initial thoughts too, Jesse.  But I changed my mind, since that would mean the thing would have to be flipped on it's side for the opposite figure/cover, since the Vader side runs horizontal, and the Anakin side is vertical.

Hopefully you're right and that's indeed the case.  Makes one less headache for me! 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 04:44 PM by JediMAC »

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 05:06 PM »
It's one package, with a cover flap that has a hinge attached to it that reveals Vader as you pull the flap open. Look at the black plastic hinge on the inside front left cover. One package. Anakin with flap closed, Vader with flap open.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2005, 05:09 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2005, 08:03 PM »
I can see on the side of the Anakin package that it says "Press Kit".

We're ******.   >:(

Yes, it's a press kit.  No, the figures are not unique.  They're the first Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader from the ROTS line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2005, 11:00 PM »
And in case anyone cares, I put some pics of the Press Kit that was given out today up on the main page.

Great pics Dave - they confirm how the kit works too - pretty neat idea - would love it if they sold the extras (if there are any) via starwarsshop.com, like they did with the Vader a couple of years ago...

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2005, 11:08 PM »
Since it's an actual Press Kit and not just a figure, I would have to say they most likely will not be selling any extras. Although I guess you could always keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Besides, if SWS.com got a bunch of extras and tried to sell them via their site, it would be a disaster.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Since it's an actual Press Kit and not just a figure, I would have to say they most likely will not be selling any extras. Although I guess you could always keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Besides, if SWS.com got a bunch of extras and tried to sell them via their site, it would be a disaster.

Word is that there were about 60, and that's it.  The figures are far from unique.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2005, 11:13 PM »
Thanks for those pics, Dave. Great pic of it in mid rotation!

All the more reason I'd expect them to do it. This is going to be a sore point no matter what they do. Either way, there's going to be collector uproar about this thing.

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2005, 11:14 PM »
jokabofe, can you confirm that the anakin and vader figs included in the press kit are identical to the regular wave 1 ROTS releases? i don't mean to doubt you nicklab, bit i figured jokabofe would be able to definitively confirm.