Author Topic: Master Replicas SW Poker Chip Set!  (Read 11621 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Master Replicas SW Poker Chip Set!
« on: February 21, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Ummmm! Is this what I think it is? Master Replicas Poker chip set with case?

If so, I'm in trouble.   ;D

Great pictures Dave, well done.  8)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:01 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Star Wars Poker Chip Set!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 03:54 PM »
Oh ****, that's cool!  Sign me up, for sure.  How much?  Any details on this set anywhere?

And can anyone make out what's on the black $100 chip?  Can't figure that one out...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005, 04:05 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 03:56 PM »
I need to learn how to play poker, so I have an excuse to buy this. I've got a general idea how, but none of the specifics.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 04:08 PM »
You should've had your TV co-star or prom date teach you, via some Strip Poker.  Much quicker to learn that way...   ;)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 04:47 PM »
You should've had your TV co-star or prom date teach you, via some Strip Poker.  Much quicker to learn that way...   ;)

I'd have picked up real fast.

Co-star? Psh. She was an extra in my mind. I was the man of the hour.

The Legend.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 05:28 PM »
The MR rep told me that set was going to retail for $150. Very nice looking set, something I will more than likely be adding to my collection when it is released.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 07:10 PM »
The MR rep told me that set was going to retail for $150.

Thats not bad, I may have to get 2 sets.  ;D

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 09:34 PM »
The MR rep told me that set was going to retail for $150. Very nice looking set, something I will more than likely be adding to my collection when it is released.

I was wondering what the price would be.  I doubt I will get this, as cool as it looks, since I can spend that on the mini Sith saber set I convinced myself I wasn't going to buy  :-\.
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2005, 09:55 PM »

I was wondering what the price would be.  I doubt I will get this, as cool as it looks, since I can spend that on the mini Sith saber set I convinced myself I wasn't going to buy  :-\.

Nice to see one of our big spenders return.  I was feeling like I was spending alot all by my lonesome.  Damn Vader stuff >:(

I'll pass on the poker chips.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 12:38 AM »
This would certainly be one of the more unique pieces in a person's collection!  I'd love to have it, but I don't think it'll be a real priority.  There's simply too much else out there that I'll buy first, for now.

And especially after I broke the bank ordering that Sideshow Vader...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 12:14 PM »
I think Philip mentioned it was going to be a Target exclusive, which seems very strange to me - especially at that price point.  But he also seemed to insinuate that more sets were coming, as exclusives for other retail outlets as well.  Not sure I was reading that right, as that seems equally strange...

Maybe he didn't mean Poker Chip sets, but rather other novelty SW items from MR.   ???

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 12:32 PM »
A Target exclusive! Can't see it myself. Has there ever been any MR. stuff that show up at retail?  ???

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 05:02 PM »
Yes, their f/x sabers were available at Meijers stores.  The had two of them tethered to the display so you could try them (and both ended up broken due to people really wacking the living **** out of them).  Also, Walmart carried them on-line, from mini's to full size replica's.  Walmart even had an exclusive...though it was more of a nightmare than anything else.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2005, 05:11 PM »

Nice to see one of our big spenders return.  I was feeling like I was spending alot all by my lonesome.  Damn Vader stuff >:(

I'll pass on the poker chips.

I had a family emergency that left me drained but it looks like my son will be ok, so I'm back among the living again.  I just showed my son the set last night (he's a poker addict right now) and he told me I just had to get that, it was so cool.  So....since I don't need much proding to buy anything Star Wars related, I guess I am going to be getting this after all.  If this comes out before C3, we'll have to get together and I'll see if I can have others help me pay for my collection  :-*

So, did you break down and order a Vader saber or are you talking about Sideshows nice little offering ;)...I guess  I'd better catch up on reading the other threads.

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2005, 05:15 PM »
Wow :o  Certainly a valid reason for an absence.  I'll presume everything is as you suggest and better now.  All the best up from up north in any case :-\  Hope you're doing all right as well. 

Vader stuff - no, no saber yet (though I do own the regular release MR version), I haven't sprung for an FX saber.  Just the thought of the GG statue, an upcoming GG bust and I have yet to admit to ordering a Sideshow Vader at this point in time :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.