Author Topic: Sideshow Premium Format Figures  (Read 122001 times)

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
Re: Sideshow's 1/4 Statues
« Reply #240 on: April 1, 2006, 12:13 PM »

WOW! Vader really is impressive although I'm undecided on wether or not I prefer him to Han.... There was one slight problem though he was to tall to fit on the shelf! DOH! So I've had to move my Sideshows on to the my Gentle giant shelf and vice versa.

I'm undecided on Obi-Wan, although he does look veyr cool dueling with Vader I probably wouldnt display them this way anyway. From the pics I've seen his face looks excellent but other than that theres not alot to him.
Perhaps someone could post some detailed pics on here when theres arrives so I can decide wether or not to take the plunge and grab one on Ebay, will probably wait until the initial rush is over though like I have with the other 3 and get him at better price probably expect to get it at around £100 like I did Han and Luke.
Not too sure about Leia either I can see me being able to grab her at under £100 like I did Luke as I can't see her being all that popular.
Definately taking the plunge with Greivous my budget has already gone well over £1000 (around $1800) but I've got to have him what ever happens.

http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 1, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I've also ordered Grievous, who will make a great display by himself; on the other hand, I think Leia would look great side by side with Han, but I haven't bought him yet.  I'm having a hard time justifying the price for him.  :-\

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 1, 2006, 12:35 PM »
I'd highly recomend buying Han. The facial detail is a great likeness and the belt and gun etc really are great. I'm undecided on who I like most out of Han and Vader it really is that good.
Leia would be a nice addition but shes not my priority my list at the min goes:
Grievous
Obi-Wan
Leia

I need to fit in the Lando skiff bust as well at some point.... And then theres all the new GG busts that were recently annouced.

If you want I'll take a bunch pics of Han and post them tommorow for you to have a look, I'd do it now but I'm going out in 5 mins.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 1, 2006, 12:58 PM »
If you want I'll take a bunch pics of Han and post them tommorow for you to have a look, I'd do it now but I'm going out in 5 mins.

Very cool of you to offer!  Jared took some great pics which "agree" with your feelings on the likeness.

SilverZ

« Reply #244 on: April 1, 2006, 10:22 PM »
So I unpacked Obi-Wan this morning, and to my surprise the likeness is startling. It's much, much better than I had expected it to be. I'm very happy. One thing that was really frustrating however was that the out cloak comes out of the box extremely wrinkled. I had to blast it down with steam to get the creases and wrinkles out. I got #489.

I should have pics of Obi-Wan up tomorrow.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 2, 2006, 03:13 PM »
I should have pics of Obi-Wan up tomorrow.

Can't wait Jared!

I checked my account at Sideshow and it still just says "item shipping soon".  I really want to get this, so I'm having a hard time being patient.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 4, 2006, 12:17 AM »
I checked my account at Sideshow and it still just says "item shipping soon".  I really want to get this, so I'm having a hard time being patient.

Got my shipping notice today!   8) 8) 8) 8)

SilverZ

« Reply #247 on: April 4, 2006, 01:47 AM »
Nice! Obi and Vader look great together. A total centerpiece. You'll be stoked.

One of my larger photo lights went out, so it will take a few more days to get it in front of the camera for proper shots. But here's a quick shot with and without flash from the living room:

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 7, 2006, 02:55 AM »
Prepare for Grievous and Leia to ship in the near future!

Star Wars: General Grievous Premium Format figure - #7126 & Ex. #71261 Late April/May 2006
Star Wars: Princess Leia Premium Format - #7119 & Ex. #71191 May 2006

Obi-Wan should arrive at my house tomorrow, and then both Grievous and Leia are to be here within 60 days?  My credit card is going to be screaming in pain.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2006, 02:58 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 9, 2006, 12:43 PM »
Awesome jared and kirk! This is definitely the best likeness SS has produced for their SW PF line. Here are a couple pics of mine:

My PF Ben

If you have Vader, it is a definite must have. Hell, even if you don't have Vader, it's an awesome stand alone piece..
« Last Edit: April 9, 2006, 12:48 PM by Mini-Rock »

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 9, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Wow! Thats my decision made then I will be having an Obi-wan in my collection when they become avaliable on U.K Ebay (thats where I've picked them all up from)
Thanks for the pics Mini-Rock.
Your room is really impressive, similar to the sort of thing I hope to achieve in the future once I have the room.

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 9, 2006, 07:09 PM »
My pleasure kirk, and thank you for the kind words. Looking forward to pics man. :)

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2006, 01:43 AM »
 Got my acrylic case in for Ben:

Man I love this piece! :D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 24, 2006, 07:14 PM »
Just got home from work & I received an email from GG.

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our 1/4 Scale General Grievous - Sideshow Exclusive (item #71261) from our Star Wars Premium Format Figure Collection.  We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition, Sold Out item, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 20-25 days.

Hot damn, it's been a long time waiting. Bring it on!

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 25, 2006, 02:08 PM »
Obi Wan's released in the U.K on the 5/5 so next Friday. I have 2 on order... one for sale in my shop the other for me ;D
A little off subject but I have the SS Dr Doom coming this friday if anyones interested in seeing the pics. I've bought alot of Sideshow stuff which I wouldnt usually be interested for the shop such as LOTR, Kong and a lot of there 12" figures and really have been impressed with it all the quality of SS's stuff truely is amazing.