Author Topic: Sideshow Premium Format Figures  (Read 122006 times)

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow's 1/4 Statues
« Reply #360 on: October 7, 2006, 09:48 PM »
I just picked up my first 1/4 scale fig (Princess Leia) last weekend at a hobby shop nearby. Personally, I love this line and I have set my intentions on only buying from the original trilogy. Leia was all set up and didn't need to be put together. No smudge marks, scrapes, or anything like that. The cloth material might be a little wrinkled but other than that the PF figures are pretty well insulated in the cardboard that they are contained in.

The only PF that I've seen put together was a Grevious exclusive that was being put together a few weeks back at the same place. I asked the employee the same question you are asking. He said it wasn't a problem assembling the figure but put it together with caution as he didn't want the pieces to break if pushed into place too hard. Looking at the final product, as much as I'm not really into the prequels, Grevious looked fantastic!!

If you want to take a better look into some in depth reviews and pics check out: www.mwctoys.com. Michael Crawford has some great reviews on those and he helped me make up my mind into making Leia my first purchase in the line. Good Luck.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 7, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Hmm, Crawford says they used magnets in Leia's arms. Hopefully, attachment of pieces won't be an issue with Dagobah Luke, as there's no version that has swappable parts. Thanks for the input.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 7, 2006, 10:20 PM »
I have Vader and Kenobi and they're fantastic.  They assemble very well - the only tricky part seems to be finding the right angle to insert the lightsaber into the hand.

The paint application is absolutely perfect on both, no flaws at all.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 7, 2006, 11:37 PM »
Hmm, Crawford says they used magnets in Leia's arms. Hopefully, attachment of pieces won't be an issue with Dagobah Luke, as there's no version that has swappable parts. Thanks for the input.

wasn't that the case with just the exclusive version though because of the swappable arms for the different blasters. i haven't checked to see if leia's arm comes off though (don't wanna try) with the regualr edition I purchased. i liked how the only thing i had to assemble was simply putting Leia on her base...

I have Vader and Kenobi and they're fantastic.  They assemble very well - the only tricky part seems to be finding the right angle to insert the lightsaber into the hand.

The paint application is absolutely perfect on both, no flaws at all.

they are fantasic. i was in awe with the vader (the shop wanted $450 for that one) and i'm thinking the obi wan will be next (he was my personal favorite out of all of them followed by leia, than vader). i think the weaker two in the set are the han and luke but both are decent figures even with their flaws. i'm interested to see if SS will make a Jedi Luke in a similar manner than that of Obi Wan as I only want one figure from each character.

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
« Reply #364 on: October 8, 2006, 07:16 AM »
I thought Greivous was easy to put together but a nightmare to unpack.
I really wouldnt want to have to pack it up again.
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2006, 09:16 PM »
The case for Han is 12x10x22 and is about $76 before shipping. I think one for Dagobah Luke would have to be a bit bigger because of the base. To me, it looks bigger than those that came with Han and Luke. Hopefully, we get to find out before years end. :)

If Han and Luke are about the same height, 12x12x22 looks about right for Luke. I just can't believe the damned things are so expensive. :-\

Offline Mini-Rock

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 11, 2006, 11:39 PM »
The case for Han is 12x10x22 and is about $76 before shipping. I think one for Dagobah Luke would have to be a bit bigger because of the base. To me, it looks bigger than those that came with Han and Luke. Hopefully, we get to find out before years end. :)

If Han and Luke are about the same height, 12x12x22 looks about right for Luke. I just can't believe the damned things are so expensive. :-\

What's too bad is we won't see Dagobah Luke and Yoda until next year. :(

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 12, 2006, 01:35 AM »
What's too bad is we won't see Dagobah Luke and Yoda until next year. :(

Yeah, I'm getting excited about getting my first nice collector piece. But for a chump on my budget, it's better I have till then to pay for it.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 8, 2006, 01:46 AM »
A Sideshow rep posted this about PF Luke/Yoda on another forum.

Okay, on the one we have on display in-house, the base is about 10 1/8 inches in diameter. The statue is about 18 inches tall. The Exclusive helmet sits on a round base that is about 4" in diameter. Yoda's arms look fine to me on this one (I believe it is a pre-production sample, but all the guys who would know for sure are out of the country at the moment), but the prototype wasn't around to compare it to. The final production sample has not arrived yet.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 26, 2006, 01:04 PM »
Well, I'm up to 3 pieces with Vader on his way. I'm going to be moving into a new place shortly so I'm starting to think about display cases. While looking at kitchen cabinets for the new place, I saw some unpainted floor models (untreated floor cabinet, no top). Thought about making a purchase on one of those (for $70), purchasing and cutting a plywood top, polyurethaning the piece a walnut or cherry wood color, & buying a glass case from CFC.com...

Just an idea, maybe something original....I like the IKEA detolfs but they really don't fully do the PF's justice. I think they are 100x better for 1/6 figures. Anyways, here's a quick shot of where my PF's are now. I have them on display on a console table in the spare room....enjoy!!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 27, 2006, 02:20 AM »
I like your idea for the display cases and agree that even though the Detolfs are great, they're just a little small for the PF figures.

What is CFC.com?

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 27, 2006, 05:47 PM »
What is CFC.com?

www.casesforcollectibles.com. i just shortened the title figuring alot of the boardies knew of the website already....

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 5, 2007, 02:32 PM »
Yes, one of those two.  I keep trying to figure out who in the OT was referred to as a "project".  I'm probably imagining a clue there...

I guess Luke was the "project". 

This piece is very interesting.  I think I stated previously I would probably only snag something imperial like a stormtrooper or maybe Fett, but this is quite interesting.  A pretty decent Luke AND Yoda.  Tempting...

Well I just made someone happy by cancelling my order for the premium version of Luke and Yoda.  I couldn't justify this thing at this price.  I'm ok with the $$ dropped on Ben and Vader as that to me comprises the iconic moment of Star Wars.  Add to that the fact you can get many of the regular editions of these statues off ebay for $100-150 I can't justify paying over $400 after shipping is all said and done. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 6, 2007, 02:20 AM »
Cancelling a preorder for the exclusive is a pretty tough decision, but when you can get the regular for 1/2 price, it just becomes the right thing to do.  :-\

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #374 on: January 7, 2007, 08:43 AM »
Most of the exclusive items for this line have been hit or miss, but the Luke & Yoda Exclusive item is the best so far!  But if the exclusive doesn't appeal to you, buying from another source can save $$. I bought Ben & Han cheaper from eBay, all others from SideShow. Saved almost $100 each on Han & Ben, both arrived in great shape.  I really wanted the Exclusive version of Leia & Grievous, so kept my orders with SSC.

There is an empty space that awaits Luke & Yoda, hope to see them in a couple of weeks. ;D

I wonder if we will see any new 1/4 scale at ToyFair? It's been quite some time since Boba was announced. I wonder what will be next?