Author Topic: Is it just my area?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline aliasjcb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Is it just my area?
« on: March 12, 2003, 09:50 AM »
I have not been able to find any new figures here in middle TN lately. Just wondering if it is slow in other areas.

John

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re:Is it just my area?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2003, 07:07 PM »
It is terrible in Toledo, OH. I have the exact same problem you do. Perhaps you should consider purchasing online? Check out one of our fine sponsors for the latest releases. :)

Offline aliasjcb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 09:51 PM »
I do go online for some, but I enjoy coming across something at the store that I do not have. The thrill of the hunt is partt of the attraction.

John

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 10:30 PM »
I have to agree with you there. Hunting for the figures is a big part of the fun. After a while the stores no longer get certain waves of figures in and you have to resort to online means to purchase your collectibles.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 02:32 PM »
If its terrible in Ohio, then its absolutely pathetic in Massachusetts.  The only new figs I've seen are Obi Acklay and Dooku rehash on two seperate occasions at the same Walmart.  I've resorted to ordering online (a damaged case from newforce and the "one of every figure" club at kebco.  I'm tired of running around and wasting my time.  This way, the figs are delivered right to my work. ;D
Common sense isn't so common