Author Topic: C3 Schwag or what will you be in line for?  (Read 27898 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: C3 Schwag or what will you be in line for?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2005, 04:17 PM »
So far this is whats on tap for me:

1: C3 talking Vader figure.
2: C3 exclusive GG Sandtrooper.

Same, plus whatever Bust Up exclusive they have, if there is one.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2005, 01:14 AM »
Count me in line as well with the rest of your guys for the Bust.  Hopefully the lines won't be too bad and hopefully with the ability to buy 2 or more of your alloment of Vaders it will help make getting this bust easier.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2005, 02:39 AM »
I'm still trying to decide if I want any of the Sandtroopers since I've got 2 Stormtroopers.  I love the Stormies so much, so I don't know if I need to spend the $50 to add basically what I already have.  I'm far from completist on this line, so I don't know if a pauldron and some dirt can justify the $$.

???

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2005, 08:54 AM »
How much is that bust anyways? 

By the way anyone going to attempt to acquire the 21 collectible cards from the collecting panels?  I would like to.  If so that is probably another sort of line to wait in?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2005, 08:55 AM by Darth Broem »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2005, 05:46 PM »
I'm in line for MR's mini saber and the Darth Vader toy.  If it's a lottery for the GG exclusive (but not sure about that), my hubby and I will each get tickets to help those that really want this.
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2005, 07:46 PM »
By the way anyone going to attempt to acquire the 21 collectible cards from the collecting panels?  I would like to.  If so that is probably another sort of line to wait in?

I'd love to track a set of those down too, Brian, but not at the expense of missing so many other things at the convention.  Not sure if you read the details on these cards, but they're giving away one at each collecting panel.  No other way to get them.  So you have to make it to every single collecting panels (likely 21 hours worth of time) to get the complete set.

I love collecting panels as much as the next guy, but not at the expense of missing far more unique panels/shows/displays/exclusives and such.  I remember I had originally planned on attending several collecting panels at C2, but when I got there, and got some of the more finalized/official schedules of events, I noticed some serious scheduling conflicts with other one-time events at the show.  So I wound up foregoing all of the collecting panels, and I don't regret it one bit, since the things I went to instead were much more interesting, and added to my overall experience at C2.

Besides, the collecting panels are rather similar to just discussing things here on the forums anyway.  You're just doing it in person, is all...

But yeah, I'd love to nab those cards.  I wonder how much the sets are going to go for on eBay afterwards.  I'm guessing quite a pretty penny.   :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2005, 11:00 PM »
I think a full set of cards would be neat, but one of my lesser concerns.  I definitely want to hit some of those collecting panels, but like you said Matt, there's going to be so much going on that scheduling conflicts are bound to arise.  And besides, there should be a bunch of less formally planned things that will be as much fun.   ;)

Of course, I'm so anal retentive, that I'm probably going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to figure out the best way to organize my time.   Type A personality = OCD, whether it's collecting or organizing.  :-X

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Yeah that is true.  Sounds like I will only be be standing in line for the C3 figure and autographs.  That will make up most of the day for me.  Just joking.  Not sure if I will get that Sandtrooper bust or not.  I was hoping for the orange pauldron version. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2005, 02:01 AM »
I'll stand in line for the GG Sandtrooper with ya... or at least pick up a lottery ticket (since that seems to be the way they do things at GG, right?).

Jeff

First line, first day for me.  Sorry Beth, Jay will have to wait to talk basketball unless he's in there with me.  The mini-saber will have to wait.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2005, 09:52 AM »
Yeah, I think I'll get the GG Sandtrooper first day then get the 4 Vader figures later. That Sandtrooper will fly fast!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2005, 10:22 AM »
The Gentle Giant bust is far and away the most important thing for me now (so far).  I think there will be ample Vader's and I won't be too concerned about missing out on the mini saber. 

I have to think it's going to be a raffle too.  Hopefully Jeff has extra pairs of lucky underwear (no, not to share, so he's not wearing the same pair four days in a row.)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2005, 10:34 AM »
Hopefully Jeff has extra pairs of lucky underwear (no, not to share, so he's not wearing the same pair four days in a row.)

Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2005, 06:18 PM »
Sorry Beth, Jay will have to wait to talk basketball unless he's in there with me.  The mini-saber will have to wait.

Actually, according to my map,  GG and MR booths are directly across from one another and we will be in front of the same door to get in so....if it looks like the saber line is shorter, I'll send him to the GG line and hold me a spot so I can jump in that after I have my sabers.  Just so no one gets upset, I am only getting these to turn around and give to other people here that might miss out.  But honestly, I am seeing lottery ticket all over this exclusive  :P.
Beth

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2005, 01:53 PM »
  But honestly, I am seeing lottery ticket all over this exclusive  :P.

Like I said at RS I hope it isn't a lottery ticket type deal because it would suck for those who have a ticket but don't get a Bust.  Hopefully I will be able to get one for myself then I need to find a way to get one for my cousin so I may be looking for a chance to get another from someone who doesn't want one. 

Offline buffet1fan

• Youngling
  • son of a !!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2005, 08:39 PM »
I wanted to get the topper set. I had someone else order my passes and they for got to signup for the darth vader. Will i be able to get them there or should i search ebay. The CIII vader is the only thing i am planing on getting for now But the saber is very tempting. A bust up if they have one.