Author Topic: Sideshow 12" Line - Heroes of the Rebellion  (Read 6401 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow 12" Line - Heroes of the Rebellion
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 12:26 AM »
"First came 'The Order of the Jedi' including the Jedi Luke Skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Kit Fisto figures. Now Sideshow is excited to take this opportunity to introduce our collectors to the next category in our Star Wars 12 inch figure line: 'The Heroes of the Rebellion'! Who will be included in this category of figures? Stay tuned to find out.... (And please have no fear, 'The Order of the Jedi' will continue as we add further collections to the Star Wars 12 inch line!)"

It's nice to see that they will work on a couple sub-lines at the same time - giving us "Heroes of the Rebellion" figures alternated with "The Order of the Jedi" figures, and possibly others too.

I really hope their first hero is Han Solo in all his glorious smugness.  8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 06:36 AM »
Very cool news indeed.  I agree with you, Jesse.  I want to see Han first and then Chewbacca.
Beth

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 08:51 AM »
Han would be my guess also.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 10:52 AM »
I'm hoping for Han as well, and if he's up to the quality of the figures we've seen from Sideshow so far, I want to get on board with this one.  Just as a heads up in advance, what does a person need to do to be ready for one of these ordering headaches?  Do I need to sign up for anything or something else to be ready?  I know that we haven't even had anything officially announced yet, but I missed out on the Jedi Luke because of waiting a bit, and I don't want to make the same mistake again.  If I can't get anything else from this line, I'd at least like to get Han (and Chewie, if made).  It is nice to hear that they'll be doing more than just the Order of the Jedi at once, and mixing things up with their different assortments.  I wonder how many figures they are planning to do in a year?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 11:58 AM »
Brian, sign up for both an account (you'll need to give a credit card but they don't charge anything until something ships) and the newsletter.  Both need to have the exact same email address.  You should be all set then.  It usually takes a few days for everything to be set up.  I signed up a few days before Obi Wan went on sale and had no problem ordering him.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 12:17 PM »
Thanks for the info Mikey.  I signed up for the newsletter this morning, but I better get that account taken care of as well.  Like I said, probably plenty in advance, but I just wanted to be ready for everything if/when we hear about it.  As this line gets into more OT characters, its going to be even more tempting to pick them up.  I never got into Hasbro's line much, but the quality of these figures looks amazing and part of me wouldn't mind having a few "higher end" (at least to me) collectibles.  This could end up being quite a nice line too.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2006, 03:01 PM »
I wonder how many figures they are planning to do in a year?

That's an excellent question for Dave to ask at Toy Fair.  Dave, you reading this?  :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2006, 10:33 PM »
I think this is awesome, but i really hope they don't go insane and release too many figures at one time. They are a bit on the expensive side. I would guess Han or Leia as the first one for this, but i really want to see what they do with Chewbacca.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Yeah, I want to see a Chewbacca from them as well.  I will more than likely skip on a Luke, Han, and Leia.  I got so many of them from the Hasbro days.  Though these will be far superior I'm sure.  But a Chewbacca I'd take.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 03:23 PM »
I think Han (Cantina garb) or Luke (Tatooine garb) will be the next SS 12" release.

Training remote with Luke (exclusive accessory).

Ceremonial medal for Han?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 06:42 PM »
I'd like to see Princess Leia in her white gown with her braids from the end of ESB.  I have yet to have that doll in either 3 3/4 or 12".  That's the version of her I want the most. 
Beth

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird