Author Topic: Possible Animated Wave 4?  (Read 19557 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Possible Animated Wave 4?
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 09:52 PM »
Well, it's mid March and we have yet to hear of, and see, anything new.

Who knows, maybe Hasbro will wait until next week to roll out the new stuff while season 3 is on.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 12:17 AM »
Nooooo, don't say that :-\  I'm actually in the States this weekend and it would be a dead perfect time to drop the line in stores.  I'm a little worried all the reprimands floating around are preventing any stock from being put out.  I sure hope not.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 10:42 AM »
Well, it's mid March and we have yet to hear of, and see, anything new.

Who knows, maybe Hasbro will wait until next week to roll out the new stuff while season 3 is on.

Well the next five episodes start tonight and we have yet to hear anything from Hasbro about a Wave 4. I'd be willing to bet that the only thing that's coming is those two three-packs. It would be nice of the ARC in the "good guys" pack was Blue and the Obi-Wan was armored, but the fact that these two sets have all of the same figures, it makes them VERY unappealing.

The only thing I'm finding is E3 stuff that won't ring up at the register!

You know - this reminds me of what happened with the E2 stuff...

Three years ago, WalMart had the POTJ exclusive TIE Bomber and crash-landing Snowspeeder. All of the WalMarts in my area got them in and held them until the Saga stuff hit the shelves since they didn't distinguish between what Star Wars stuff could hit the shelves immediately vs. the stuff they were holding for MidnightMadness.

My guess is that either (a) any new Clone Wars product was scrapped or (b) if it exists and is coming and has shipped, you won't see it until April 2nd.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2005, 08:51 PM »
Pete Fett, I was thinking that 4/2 might hold some Clone Wars surprises also. It would be great, but, honestly, when was the last time new product appeared on the pegs before it showed up online?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2005, 09:37 AM »
Pete Fett, I was thinking that 4/2 might hold some Clone Wars surprises also. It would be great, but, honestly, when was the last time new product appeared on the pegs before it showed up online?

Oh totally - that's why I think that any plans to have another wave of animated figures has been scrapped.

Unless they plan on having the figures come out at the same time the Volume 2 DVD is released. My guess is that it will be released sometime between now and the DVD release of ROTS so perhaps there are plans for more figures this summer.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Wow!  Just saw #24!  I don't care how long it takes, but I NEED a figure of that Hammerhead Jedi!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2005, 08:48 AM »
The more I see of this series, and in particular these new episodes, the more I really wish this line would continue.  Maybe its the kid in me, but I just think the micro-series has been great all the way through, and that kids (and collectors) could really get into this type of thing if it was a regular series with a supporting toy line.  It is an avenue I'd like to see them pursue further once the movies are all over and done with.  I agree, I'd really like a figure of that Hammerhead Jedi as well, he was cool.  They could really expand this line.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2005, 11:27 PM »
After watching the last four episodes in Season III (I missed the first one) and watching the DVD on a big-screen television, I really want this line to continue.  The show itself is easily the best EU story that has been associated with SW (I personally find Mace going all Superman on SBDs to be much more fun than reading about Sun Crushers or Luuke or Clone Emperors) at least in my opinion as a bitter *******.

Rewatching Seasons 1 and 2, I realized that they really need to make an Illum Padme, a Clone Armor Obi-Wan, and the droids.  And with Season III, there is just so much stuff they could do. 

I'm probably in a minority, but I am actually happier and more interested in the animated figures right now than I am the ones that actually come from the films.  I'm weird though, so take that into consideration.   ;)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2005, 02:10 AM »

Oh totally - that's why I think that any plans to have another wave of animated figures has been scrapped.

Unless they plan on having the figures come out at the same time the Volume 2 DVD is released. My guess is that it will be released sometime between now and the DVD release of ROTS so perhaps there are plans for more figures this summer.

You're probably right about the timing there, Pete. While I'd love to see them sooner, I'm not bummed because there's way more than enough to keep us busy until then.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 02:12 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 11:33 AM »
I hope that witht he annoucnement of 30 min installments that we will get more animated style figures

I owuld love Padme, 3PO, R2-D2, Palpatine and all the Jedi
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 12:00 PM »
I'm with you evenflow, I hope that this announcement is true.  I'd love to see more of this animated series, and hopefully we'll see some more figures along with it.  Here's a few I wouldn't mind seeing if this line was to continue:

Padme
Clone Armor Obi-Wan
Anakin (ROTS longer hair version)
C-3PO
R2-D2
Palpatine
Jedi-
   -Shaak Ti
   -Hammerhead Jedi
   -Aayla Secura
   -Ki Adi Mundi
   -Kit Fisto
   -Plo Koon
   -the list goes on :)
Clones - more of 'em

Lots of potential with this line.  I know some don't care for it, so I wouldn't want it to necessarily be the main focus, but I personally wouldn't mind seeing a few more waves.  I'm just happy we might see more of the series.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2005, 07:36 PM »
I hope that witht he annoucnement of 30 min installments that we will get more animated style figures

What what what? :o 30 min installments?

<Never mind. I figured it out now.>
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 12:18 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2005, 01:09 AM »
Is anyone expecting these this weekend (the new ones I mean)?  Or is that just a pipe dream?  I suppose no leaks from the Far East makes it rather unlikely.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2005, 09:34 AM »
Is anyone expecting these this weekend (the new ones I mean)?  Or is that just a pipe dream?  I suppose no leaks from the Far East makes it rather unlikely.

Yeah - nothing this weekend is definite. Perhaps you might see stores that still have stock of the Wave 3 figures putting them out, but that's about it.
Peter

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2005, 10:41 AM »
So did anyone hear what became of that wave 4 rumor a month back?  Apparently it was only a rumor.  But with the cartoon continuing I thought more confirmation would of been leaked, especially since this line is indirectly related to ROTS.