Author Topic: My Collection is Complete!  (Read 6209 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
My Collection is Complete!
« on: September 18, 2003, 06:43 PM »
My single-carded figure collection is now complete, thanks to my lovely wife!  She got me the Naboo Royal Guard as an early anniversary gift today, and I am so happy now!   ;D  I've been wanting that figure for a very long time now!  

Check out a picture of it here.

Now, if I really want to complete my Episode 1 collection I need to finish acquiring all the vehicles and 2-pack carded figures.  But, I'm not going to do that.  I will definitely try getting more of the vehicles, but I'm not concerned about the 2-packs at this point in time.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: My Collection is Complete!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 08:43 PM »
Congrats Chris! Well done. It sure looks sweet.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 08:46 PM »
Now I'm just going to work on some of the EP1 vehicles.  Thanks for the compliment Dale!   8)
dustrho

obi_robz

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2003, 05:50 AM »
That Royal Guard looks mint!

Do you have the competition card on the back to go with the green sticker on the top-right corner? I don’t know why, but I really loved those cards.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 02:23 PM »
Do you have the competition card on the back to go with the green sticker on the top-right corner? I don’t know why, but I really loved those cards.

I sure do Rob... CLICK HERE.
dustrho

obi_robz

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 05:47 PM »
I really like those things…in years to come I think it will make the figures even cooler. Plus, I think if you’ve got the green sticker on the front you need to have the card on the back too :)

I remember the day I found Holo Sidious and I was really sad when I saw the competition card was missing :( Fortunately I'd kept all my old boxes from the figures I'd opened, and I was able to replace the missing comp card.

I don’t really know why I like them…in the UK we weren’t eligible to enter the competition…that, plus the fact that I was 24 at the time and well past the upper age limit :D

Good luck if you decide to go for the 2-packs – the pit-droid packs are gonna get very expensive.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2003, 06:16 PM »
Good luck if you decide to go for the 2-packs – the pit-droid packs are gonna get very expensive.

That's what I'm afraid of.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2003, 05:08 PM »
Congratulations Chris!   8)  It always feels great to complete a collection, or a subset thereof!

I finally polished off my entire carded and loose modern collection a couple months ago with the acquisition of an Ascension Amidala all the way from Japan.  It really feels great to finish everything up, so you can relax a little and enjoy what you've accomplished, before gearing up for the next round!

So what's up next for you?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2003, 05:46 PM »
So what's up next for you?

Well, I'm not really sure what I am going to focus on right now.  Of course I'm just buying this and that... whatever I find in stores.  But as far as a focus I think I might start focusing on the Episode 1 two-packs (from Asia).  I know that's going to be kinda pricey, but I think those figures are sweet.  It's not final yet, but that's kinda where I'm heading I think.
dustrho

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 8, 2003, 11:23 AM »
 :)

Congratulations, Chris,

I still need 10 EP1 figures, to complete my collection and they are all a fortune.  
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 7, 2003, 09:38 PM »
congratz on completeing your collection... one question for you guys tho - why keep that card on the back and the green sticker on the front? i took that stuff off of all the figures i kept carded for my collection. just curious...

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Done.
« Reply #11 on: February 5, 2004, 10:44 PM »
I am done with my Episode 1 carded collection. I only needed Sio Bibble, Queen Amidala Battle, and Pit Droids 2 Pack but I was too tempted by this deal and picked up every Episode 1 figure MOMC for $180 shipped. Now, tell me I didn't steal that?

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Done.
« Reply #12 on: February 7, 2004, 11:20 AM »
Congratulations!  How in the hell did you happen to manage that great deal?   :o
dustrho

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 7, 2004, 12:19 PM »
Yeah congratulations, Chris.  What are you going to do with the extra Ep1 figs you got from that great deal?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 7, 2004, 08:29 PM »
I am done with my Episode 1 carded collection. I only needed Sio Bibble, Queen Amidala Battle, and Pit Droids 2 Pack but I was too tempted by this deal and picked up every Episode 1 figure MOMC for $180 shipped. Now, tell me I didn't steal that?

Holly Yumpin Yiminy!   :o  Thats a great score. Congrats Chris.  8)