Author Topic: Look what I just scored!!!  (Read 18316 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Look what I just scored!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 8, 2009, 08:31 PM »
I never really thought of that as a "must have" item.  The Maul is basically the same one that came with the Sith Speeder.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 9, 2009, 12:10 AM »
I never really thought of that as a "must have" item.  The Maul is basically the same one that came with the Sith Speeder.

I think it would be much better known if it was a must have.   ;)  You're right though, the two are very similar.  The mold and articulation of both figures is very similar, though not exactly the same.  Compare the thigh width and definition in the last pic (FAO version pictured with Sith Speeder leg parts on either side for comparison).  The FAO version seems like it's a layer or two thicker.  Kind of odd - maybe it's just the mold on the FAO is older or a copy of the original.

Outside of that, the main difference is really just coloring. The FAO version is more of a dark gray/matte finish on the chest, belt, gloves, and boots, while the Sith Speeder version is glossy and black.  Not sure if this is a difference in paint ap vs. material, but it comes across as even more distinct in person than in the pics.  The red head paint is also a little different as you can see.  Also note the bottom of the FAO cape - it's purposely weathered on the bottom to look like the sand he'd pick up on tatooine (It looks like this in the package, it's not just wear and tear).  Obviously the speederbike is different as well.   ;)

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 10:10 PM »
Thanks for the images.  Looking at the comparisons, I think they're similar enough that I'm not going to worry about picking one up unless it somehow magically fell into my lap.  Looks like the same mold, just assembled a little differently to give it more of a Larry Craig wide stance.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #33 on: November 2, 2012, 03:20 PM »
I didn't scor any new EPI stuff...but since there hadn't ben anything posted since Jan of 2011..I figured what the heck.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2016, 05:07 PM »
A headless Destroy Droid in a baggie with some CORPS figures for a $1.

Wow.

Funny thing was these people had garbage bags of toy type stuff near their curb... not sure what the deal was. Tossing it? For sorting later? I was like "get me outta here."