Author Topic: Royal Starship Astromech Unit  (Read 7819 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Royal Starship Astromech Unit
« on: May 24, 2003, 01:08 AM »
What's the official name of the red astromech droid on the Queen's Royal Starship (playset)?  My friend just got this droid off eBay, and I was curious to know what the name of it is.  The guy who sold it didn't know the name of it either.
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Name of red astromech droid?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 01:42 AM »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 10:43 AM »
Sweet!  Thanks Matt!
dustrho

obi_robz

« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2003, 06:14 AM »
I bought the Starship (on clearance) just to get that figure. It now lives under one of the wings of the ship with R2 and R2-B1.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2003, 12:55 PM »
One of these days I'll break down and get the ship and R2-R9.  They're just a bit pricey on eBay right now.
dustrho

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 1, 2003, 09:05 PM »
You guys should have contacted me back in Nov. when I started selling my collection.  I had 3 of these guys.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: June 1, 2003, 09:25 PM »
You guys should have contacted me back in Nov. when I started selling my collection.  I had 3 of these guys.

If only I had known you back then.  :(
dustrho

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2003, 11:44 AM »

If only I had known you back then.  :(

There may be some folks here who can attest to some pretty sweet deals.  I had to pay a bllod sucking attourney after a custody dispute.  I remeber selling a B and Y wing, a Luke withe Skiff, and a Rep. Gunship  loose for under $20!!!  I got SOOO swamped with order in the first week, I thought I would go insane.  I like collecting rather than having.  To me, It's more about the adventure of hunting, than the trophy of having.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline k_bone123123

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
blue and white R2 unit w/ electronic naboo royal starship
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2003, 03:40 AM »
Guys and Gals help me out on this one, what would this naboo royal starship be worth since it has a blue and white R2 unit instead of a red one, would it increase value or stay the same, and are they very rare?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: blue and white R2 unit w/ electronic naboo royal starship
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2003, 10:02 PM »
I haven't heard about the Star Ship being with a blue and white r2 unit I have just heard about the red unit.  I have a feeling that someone pulled the Red unit from the Ship and then replaced it with R2 or another older droid.  I know alot of this was happening because the red droid was/is going for a high price (I think around $25).  If you could post a picture of it maybe it would help figure out what it is.  

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2003, 12:58 PM »
Is this something you have already purchased, or is it something on eBay?  Do you have a picture to show us of it.  Someone definitely switched R2 units, because I haven't heard of this happening ever.  The red R2 units can run you anywhere between $20-35, and of course they're always going to be loose (was never carded).
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2003, 03:34 PM »
It does sound sketchy.  In a lot of cases near me, people cut the cellophane covering the red R2 unit, and took him out.  I'd be surprised if someone actually went to the trouble of buying the Starship, and then switching the R2 units.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2003, 09:47 AM »
I'd be surprised if someone actually went to the trouble of buying the Starship, and then switching the R2 units.

I'm sure many people have done that just for that little red R2 unit.
dustrho

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2003, 12:53 PM »
I guarantee it was switched.  I was offered a few red r2 units a few years back by a TRU employee.  I skipped his offer because I saw the scam already.  3 Royal Starships all with R2-D2s in the box on the shelf.  Its bad enough being dishonest, but to be a dishonest employee is worse.  

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2003, 02:34 PM »
The best/worst instance I ever saw of the ole switcheroo?  

It was the Death Star Escape Cinema Scene, from POTF2.  In it, they had two POTF2 Stormtroopers, and suspended between them by rubber bands was an EPISODE I Anakin Skywalker.  HILARIOUS!  But very lame, at the same time.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback