Author Topic: Japanese Green C-3PO  (Read 6558 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Japanese Green C-3PO
« on: May 8, 2003, 11:50 AM »
Anybody have this guy?  Greenish tint body?  

Got mine today.  Happy to have it, but boy, I better be careful to look at the back of the card when I open up my 3POs.  It came in a trade and it was a good deal based on that, otherwise I wouldn't recommend chasing this unless you are a true variant hunter.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Japanese Green C3PO
« Reply #1 on: May 8, 2003, 01:37 PM »
Congrats on getting it!  Do you happen to have a picture of it by chance?
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese Green C3PO
« Reply #2 on: May 8, 2003, 01:43 PM »
I can take some with a dig camera (not great quality) and send it off to someone.  I do not have the capability of posting pictures (no host).  

the greenish tint is there, but boy, not what I was expecting.  It's much more subtle.

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
is japanese green tint C-3PO really green?
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2005, 01:33 PM »
i just received one of these from an ebay auction and my first impression was that it didn't look too much different from the regular potf2 3PO. it just seemed dull gold colored instead of shiny gold. do most people that have this notice a big difference in coloring or did i get taken? i guess i can see a green tint to it if look hard enough and talk myself into it  but i just expected it to be a little more ummm... green. also was the regular colored version ever released with the japanese sticker on the back or just the green tint version?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: is japanese green tint C-3PO really green?
« Reply #4 on: January 6, 2005, 05:25 PM »
I don't think you got taken.  I have one too from a good friend in Japan that pays very close attention to detail.  Mine has a Japanese sticker on the back as well.  But I completely agree, the green needs a little imagination.  Just a different batch of paint, it would seem to me anyway.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese Green C-3PO
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 11:15 AM »
I remember seeing it at a comic shop back in the day when everyone really thought this thing was special.  I think they were charging over $100 for it.

It's a nice variation IMO to have though.  It certainly does have a greenish tint to it.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 12:59 PM »
I have one, and its not really green. Instead of having a vibrant gold color to it, the tint is green. You can really tell the difference so its not like eyes are playing tricks, but its not drastically green.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 02:37 PM »
Interesting thread.  I've never been much for variants, but this one has always grabbed my interest because of the "demand" back in the day when it was released.

One thing I'm curious about.  Is the card that it comes on just an American card with a Japanese sticker, or do the Japanese versions (C-3PO and other figures) have their very own cards?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 06:40 PM »
Interesting thread.  I've never been much for variants, but this one has always grabbed my interest because of the "demand" back in the day when it was released.

One thing I'm curious about.  Is the card that it comes on just an American card with a Japanese sticker, or do the Japanese versions (C-3PO and other figures) have their very own cards?

Japanese sticker on back.  I ended up trading mine since I did not find the color to be different enough IMO.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 07:40 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Maybe I'll try and track one down someday to display loose next to the original goldenrod, but I don't think it'll be a big priority.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 06:10 AM »
Anybody have this guy?  Greenish tint body? 

Got mine today.  Happy to have it, but boy, I better be careful to look at the back of the card when I open up my 3POs.  It came in a trade and it was a good deal based on that, otherwise I wouldn't recommend chasing this unless you are a true variant hunter.

Is this the one ?
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline TJD

• Youngling
  • Collecting Since 1995
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 06:56 AM »
Here is another pic from my collection. The fig on the right is a Japanese Green Tint.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2005, 10:52 AM »
I had the opritunity to pick one up a few years back for 3 bucks, but it just wasn't very interesting to me. :-\
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2005, 05:31 PM »
I've never actually seen one of these. Not very green is it? Now that I've seen it I don't think I'll be chasing this one anytime soon. Im sure its a nice peice and congrats for getting it but its just not my thing. Good score though these things used to go for quite a chunk of change a couple of years ago.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 12:53 PM »
It's only worth what people will pay...100 bucks????  for this ****???? =TAKEN TOTALLY

This is ridiculous enough that we're even discussing it this much