Author Topic: Animated Wave 3 - Anakin/Grievous/ARC  (Read 54238 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Wave 3 (and beyond)?
« Reply #105 on: February 1, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Ah trading a ridiculous amount pays off.  It seems as though JuvyD has a yellow and a blue clone for me, leaving me short only the red non-ARC. :)

Sorry wasn't paying attention to this thread.  No clones from me, they only had one blue and yellow the day I bought them.  Still need a red regular one myself.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 1, 2005, 11:21 PM »
No worries at all, in fact I just found out I have all three coloured clones now, so I am done this line and caught up.  Ah, to be free the shackles of carded completeism 8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 3, 2005, 05:48 PM »
Blue Clone Trooper is in stock at Amazon, but it's $7.99.   :o
Link

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 4, 2005, 08:36 AM »
Thanks for the link, I see that the ARC and red clone are in stock as well.  I'm really tempted to order them, because only the repacks remain around here, but I'm wary of the $8 price tag.  Only a buck more I guess, but I'm cheap :P.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 5, 2005, 12:14 AM »
Got my set in the mail yesterday and i'm extremely happy with them
The anakin is the one that should have been in the first wave instead of the  crappy one that we got.
Grevious in my opinion is the stand out figure, looks like it was lifted straight from the toon,
The arc trooper is good too, hell it's just a really good wave, i'll post some photo's soon.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 7, 2005, 08:45 AM »
Decided to stop in at TRU on a whim this past weekend, to see if they had any of the animated figures.  Luckily, they had the one I was really looking for....the ARC Trooper, and that was the only animated figure they had at all, just laying on the shelf on top of some wookiee water soakers.  Plus, glad I held off from ordering the $7.99 one from Amazon, since it was only $5.99 here.  Now if I can just happen across some of those colored clones at retail here, I'll be all set.  If not, well at least I got all the "new sculpted" figures.  I'd still like to see another wave or two from this line though :).

SilverZ

« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2005, 08:56 PM »
If anyone is in a gambling mood, Kaybee.com has the Animated Clone in stock, but doesn't list which version it is. They're a steep 7.99, but I'm losing faith in finding these locally.

KB Animated Clone

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2005, 09:54 AM »
I saw that too, thanks for the link Tydirium.  I haven't seen any of the clones locally either, and actually these seem to be drying up overall in our area.  I have been able to find all of the "new" figures (non repaints/re-releases), but otherwise all I have seen anymore is a handful of the re-released figures at Target (1 each of Mace, Durge, Asaaj).  Wal-Mart hasn't gotten these yet, maybe they won't...their pegs have been bare since they sold out of their preview figures last week.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2005, 10:28 PM »
Oh look what arrived today, three colored clone troopers.  I appear to be all done the latest animated figures.  Hmmph, tres boring ;D

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Hmmph, tres boring ;D

:-[  (by the way, we need a smiley who's tongue sticks out and covers the reader with spit to show our disdain for their cavalier attitude   :P ::: )   :(

I managed to find the ARC, Anakin and Grievous in Arizona when I was there, but no coloured clones.  But here in the Great White North, I haven't even seen an animated clone to save my life.  Maybe Superstore or London Drugs will get this 3rd wave in soon (like they eventually did for the 1st & 2nd waves)?   :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2005, 09:58 AM »
By soon, do you mean 2006 Jesse?  They waited so long last time to get them in (mind you, they were a US store exclusive) that everyone that really wanted them has them.  And at a ridiculous $8.99 too >:(

SilverZ

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2005, 03:39 PM »
Oh look what arrived today, three colored clone troopers.  I appear to be all done the latest animated figures.  Hmmph, tres boring ;D

Sunnofa...

Major accomplishment there. I'm still spinning at the logic of shipping an army builder at 1 per case, with 3 different variants. That's about as low as they've ever stooped.

I see that my KB order shipped, and I'm hoping whoever filled the order had the common sense to send all three colors, though I know that's not realistic.

EDIT: So I ended up with 2 red and 1 blue from them. Not too bad, only 1 more to go.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 12:10 AM by Tydirium »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2005, 02:08 PM »
I thought they were 2 per case?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2005, 02:16 PM »
I've heard the 1 per case thing numerous times too, but does that mean one of each color per case, or just one random Clone per case?  There's definitely not two of each color in each case, I know that much.  Maybe just 2 random ones?  I dunno.

Whatever it is, I've still seen a whopping total of ONE colored Clone ever.  Still need another set of each though, if anyone comes across 'em!   ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2005, 02:19 PM »
I thought they were 2 per case?

Case Version 1, shipped in Dec and Jan:
2x ARC Trooper
2x Anakin Skywalker
2x Gen. Greivous
2x Clone Trooper (color varies)
1x Mace Windu
1x Durge
1x Asajj Ventress
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi

Case Version #2, the one that is currently shipping:
4x Gen. Greivous
4x ARC Trooper
3x Anakin Skywalker
1x Clone Trooper (color varies)

Most places that are still getting the Animated figures seem to be getting the newer version 2 case (you can see that EE revised their case listing on Jan 6th).  So, it started shipping at 2x per case, but it is currently only shipping at 1x per case. 

Jeff
« Last Edit: February 18, 2005, 02:19 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender