Author Topic: Animated Wave 3 - Anakin/Grievous/ARC  (Read 54231 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Animated Wave 3 (and beyond)?
« Reply #15 on: April 3, 2004, 07:51 PM »
I would love to see some more animated figures, Padme, Grevious, Kit Fisto, C-3PO & R2-D2 2-pack
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2004, 11:38 PM »
I don't think they'll come out with anymore. I would love to see those figures come out but knowing Hasbro...  :-\
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: April 8, 2004, 04:24 AM »
Yeah, not looking good for the future of these animated CW figures...   :-\  If they had any planned for the second series of cartoons we've been watching the past couple weeks, we would've already seen them by now, or at the very least, we would've seen prototypes or early samples up on eBay.

I'd say the only chance we have of seeing more figures from this line is if the contract for the CW cartoon winds up getting extended, as has been rumored of late.  If that happens, there might be a chance of getting a few more of these missing figures.  Either that, or some talented customizers out there are gonna be getting pretty rich!   ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #18 on: May 4, 2004, 11:23 AM »
TPU is reporting Wave 3 may indeed be in the works and will include Grievous...hmmm, hard to see why with the pegs chock full of pegwarmers...Stay Tuned!

SilverZ

« Reply #19 on: May 4, 2004, 12:58 PM »
Well I'll be waiting for them. I like 'em. My bets are on it being Grievous, 3P0, Padme, and R2.

I could see these being released with the inevitable CW DVD.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2004, 02:38 PM »
So according to TPU, we're looking at (supposedly) General Grievous for sure, plus three more from the following list of 9.  Here's what I'm hoping to see, according to their list:

• Obi-Wan in Clonetrooper armor
  • Padme in Arctic Gear
  • Clone Trooper Commander (with blue and red variants)
That's probably too much in the way of Clonetroopers though, and I suppose the Obi Clone would be an easy custom (though far too staticly posed).  Here's the remainder of their list, and the order I'd want to possibly get them in, if any of them wind up in the Final 3 here:

• Kit Fisto
  • Ki-Adi Mundi
  • Luminara Unduli
  • R2-D2 (I don't really need the droids, since they didn't play too much of a role really...)
  • C-3PO
  • Battle Damaged Anakin (NO WAY!)
It would be cool to get one more wave of all Jedi though, to include the three above, and maybe an Aayla or Barriss.  But with Series 3 supposedly coming now, I guess anything is possible...   8)

But Target definitely needs to run a massive clearance sale to rid themselves of the remaining animated figures still on the pegs - especially the damned Dooku and Durge ones!  Every Target around here has about 20 of each of those...   ::)
« Last Edit: May 4, 2004, 02:40 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #21 on: May 4, 2004, 03:08 PM »
TPU seemed to suggest that Padme was coming, but not the droids.  I would say then that Obi Wan in Armor is a definite lock, but beyond that, I'm not sure.  

I really look forward to these.

SilverZ

« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2004, 05:23 AM »
But Target definitely needs to run a massive clearance sale to rid themselves of the remaining animated figures still on the pegs - especially the damned Dooku and Durge ones!

What, $6.99 isn't floating your boat for an old man action figure?  ;)

All the others, though they sit because of that price, do seem to eventually sell. Drop those sitting on the pegs now in a few months time and we're good to go.

I don't want droids either, but I'm putting my money on the Hasbro 'core characters sell' thing that they have. I'd be stoked to have Obi in Clone Armor. I hope that pans out.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2004, 11:11 AM »
I could see all those Jedi being released in animated style. 8)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: May 6, 2004, 12:20 PM »
I'd love a Snow Bunny Padme, I sort of wish these would happen just for that reason alone

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2004, 09:12 AM »
I actually love these animated figures and picked them all up, whcih is funny cause I passed on the regular Clone Wars figures. I wish there were 2 more waves.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2004, 01:59 PM »
What is the rumored release date for the third wave?
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2004, 05:14 PM »
So this the best place then for the new information, thus far reported quickly by GH?  

General Grievous
Anakin Skywalker
ARC trooper

Pics of the first two, but what of the ARC trooper?  Red, blue, or another color?  Presumably stylized for the animated fit, but what else?  

And where's Obi in armor? :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2004, 05:34 PM »
General Grievous & Anakin Skywalker look good so far. Sure would like to know too what color ARC Trooper we are getting.  :-\

You would think there would be more figures like the Obi in armor that you mentioned Brent. Maybe, just maybe this is a little taste with more to come! Snow Bunny Padme!  :-\

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2004, 08:57 PM »
I am excited about Anakin and I guess I'll take Grievous and the trooper but I want my Obi-wan in armor!! Come on Hasbro....please...pretty please..I'll buy two :).

I also am thinking Bariss, Padme and Luminara would make great figures but I'll go with the "boy" ones for now and hope they make a second set.
Beth