Collectibles > Clone Wars '03-'05

Army Builder 3-pack pics...

(1/4) > >>

Jesse James:
I'm a tad surprised nobody's mentioned these over here, so I figure I'll make a post on it...

The 3-packs of droids, droideka shooter, and posed clones are up over at www.galactichunter.com for your viewing pleasure.

Lots of great shots of each figure are available, which is always appreciated.

My response to these hasn't changed a lot personally...  I don't see $10 as a BAD price per say, but it's not the end-all-be-all deal of the century either like some are claiming it to be.

It's "alright" is all...  I still say Hasbro needs to get off their duff and make a fully poseable clone with a natural "neutral" pose.  Mass market that in the white deco and THEN I'll buy a ton...  As a completist, I may just get one set of 3 white clones...  I may pass on the color rank variations.  Not sure (one side says to buy them, another says no).

The droid's are dummed down too, if you didn't know, and aren't as poseable it seems...  A real waste considering the molds for these were already produced.  I feel that's the REAL disapointment, as I sort of assumed the clones weren't going to be good for much of anything.

I had hopes for the droids, but that appears to be for not.  The red droid looks goofy standing there with its gun and its arms out.  A boil/freeze may work for the red droid at least.  I'm just kind of disappointed that I'll get an unposeable SBD and Droideka as well though.   :-\

I mean, I can boil/freeze 3 red BD's to look cool enough (and they did make them "break-apart" which is an improvement IMO), but what am I gonna do with the other 2 unposeable droids?  

Seems a bit silly to me.

I think the set should've been 1 SBD, and 2 red BD's.  Then the Droideka set separate...

The Droideka shooter is ok...  Nothing amazing, but I'll knock those cheap-@$$ clones around with the rolling Droideka, you bet your sweet bippy on that.  

Since the prequals aren't a cutsomizing focus for me, and aren't likely to be anytime soon, I'll just have to wait and see what they maybe work on for a GREAT basic poseable clone.  Maybe someday...  maybe someday.   :'(

PS: The paint aps are NOT good on these...  Dare I say they appear to be as shoddy as the recent Imperial 4-packs, and possibly worse.  The droids looked a little better than the clones though.  

Maybe it's the white/black uniforms that make the poor paintjobs stand out, who knows?

dustrho:
I actually can't wait to get some of these 3-packs.  Granted there hasn't been a single new thing in my immediate area, but these should be pretty cool.  I like the packaging a lot.

Jesse James:

--- Quote ---I just got these yesterday, and I want to clarify a few things. They do have "some" articulation, but not much.
Standing: (6 points) neck, both arms, left wrist, 2 points at the waist-above and below the belt.
Kneeling: (6 points) all same points except it's the right wrist on this figure
Lying: (5 points) neck, both arms, right wrist, 1 point at the waist.

These are actually "OK"
A little dissappointing, but hey they are pretty cool for dioramas, NOT for "the ultimate white Clone" that we originally thought we were getting.
Hope this helps
--- End quote ---

Just a little update to the picture link...  Someone who says he owns the set says the figures are surprisingly sporting 5 or 6 points of articulation each.  not much, but it does improve them somewhat.

It at least leaves some customizing possibilities open for us anyway...  A simple single piece would've really REALLY lessened my opinion of these.  For $10 though, each figure should have a handful of articulation points to at least acheive SOME kind of variety in poses, and leave ya some decent parts to work with if you customize.

Angry Ewok:
5 to 6 points of articulation? Umm... GH pretty much said they had no articulation and that the guns were molded to the hands... You know, I think this is one of those things I'll have to see to believe. Will I get the 3 pack clones? I'm not sure, actually, I want the different ranks, but I want articulation too.

Vator:
I'll buy 5-6 anyway,Hasbro's got me hooked on this stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version