Author Topic: Clone Wars Value Packs  (Read 15472 times)

Offline Simdog

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Trooper Multi Packs
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2003, 07:56 AM »
You know this really is a mess.  It is going to be nut trying to find all of these.  Whats even worse, the value packs show only the first wave of CW figures and 3 colors (White, blue and yellow).  What about the second wave of CW figures?  What about the other 2 colors (red and green)?  Hasbro will no doubt bring them out too.  Finally, what about the yet to be released sculpt of the clonetrooper holding the gun that was on-line awhile back?  When and where will that be placed I wonder?

Someone tell me how to post a pic and I will post this unreleased Clonetrooper.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2003, 07:58 AM by Simdog »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2003, 10:55 AM »
Oh yeah it's definitely nutty.  I don't think I'm going to worry about getting all the different variants.  That would be about $100 if I did.  I don't want to spend that much on clonetroopers.  I am sure many of you will though.  Hasbro knows a money maker when they see it.  Lucas was pretty smart putting colored stripes on them.  

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2003, 04:19 PM »
I like the idea to a point...  It all depends on who they are going to be exclusive to,  if they are exclusives,  and what the price is going to be.  If it's a reasonable price and I can find them,  it would be a great way to pick up the CW figures and get the army building Clonetroopers.  Time will tell...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2003, 08:36 PM »
Damn, more money out of my pocket...

more reasons for my wife to shoot me...

:P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 06:30 PM »
I thought that Walmart wasn't carrying the clone-wars line so imagine my surprise to see the two-packs show up on the front of RS with a Walmart slip attached.  

Now....if only I had the UPC (or could enlarge that photo to see the slip) I could harass the toy manager with something new!!!!!! ;)

Beth

Offline Jimmy

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • LobotsDup
Clone Wars Value Packs
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2003, 06:55 PM »
These have hit here in SE MA  and are very sweet for what I consider a steal of $4.77.

I guess Hasbro had some major a** :-* to do to get WalMart to carry the Clone Wars line (well partially anyway). I can see these flying off pegs faster than you can blink...

Keep your eyes open  :o
Gotta love me or leave me alone....

Numero Uno LobotsDup fan

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Value packs
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2003, 07:17 PM »
For $4.77 you'd be a fool to pass these up.  Looks like I'm buying Yoda after all.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2003, 07:54 PM »
Hope these show up by my house!
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2003, 08:17 PM »
So I was right...I thought that Walmart wasn't going to carry these.  When did they decide to start?  Will they carry the rest of it now or just the two-packs?  

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2003, 11:59 AM »
Is there a list of the figures that come with these?  I presume Anakin, Yoda but who else.  Is it all the clone wars figs?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2003, 03:21 PM »
Found mine here in NEPA. (Keep your eyes peeled, Jesse!)

While hunting, keep in mind that these are displayed in corrugated displayers that hang off of endcaps. I almost missed them looking in the Action Figure aisle since they were merchandised three aisles away.

And yes, $4.77 is the bargain of the year!
Post sober.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2003, 03:25 PM »
I saw John (MrPL) was not a big fan of the Red Clonetrooper...I am I think he rocks...I think these mutlipacks are modeled off of that figure, unless this is new all white version???  Any one looked real close to compare

No I'm not and yes they are. But variations that are essentially free with figures I'd buy anyway? I'll take 'em.  :)
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2003, 03:31 PM »
I'm hoping to find these long before I find single carded figures of the main characters at other retailers so I can save on my shopping/army building.  

Not a great figure (The clone) IMO, but with a super articulated clone coming the rehashed Saga clone's just fine and dandy as something to add variety I think.

NOT finding the Clone Wars single carded figures here shouldn't be a problem considering we haven't been getting much around here at all lately.  

Now trips to WM are a must...  Thanks for the tip on them hitting the state MisterPL!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2003, 10:53 PM »
I found these today, they were in the regular STAR WARS section, double pegged in the spot where the SAGA figures can be found.  I think a lot of these will show up on on sidepanels though on the endcaps.

Great value here, absolutely NO complaints.  I am most pleased with these and Hasbro's decision here.

:P

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2003, 11:25 PM »
Not a great figure (The clone) IMO, but with a super articulated clone coming the rehashed Saga clone's just fine and dandy as something to add variety I think.

This might be that super articulated Clone Trooper.  As it is, this Clone Trooper has 14 points of articulation (if you include the two axes that the knees are articulated on):

-neck
-right shoulder
-right elbow (pivot joint)
-right wrist
-left shoulder
-left elbow (pivot joint)
-left wrist
-waist
-right hip
-right knee (bend)
-right knee (pivot)
-left hip
-left knee (bend)
-left knee (pivot)

The true test will be to see if these Clone Troopers wind up being individually carded in a later series.  My guess is that they might go with the same sculpt.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback